You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Any Experience with 123LinkIt?

UserPost

2:23 pm
December 20, 2010

MyJourneytoMillions

posts 1012

Does anyone have any experience with 123linkit? I think I found out about it here, but basically it searches all your old posts and puts in affiliate links FOR YOU and then they take 15%. 

Any experiences?

2:39 pm
December 20, 2010

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

covered here:

http://yakezie.com/forums/blog…..-123linkit

an update from the developer is that they are working on the "messes up my formating" issue and will email me when it is fixed.

Visit us at Sustainable Personal Finance

Or Earth and Money

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and RSS!

4:27 pm
December 20, 2010

MyJourneytoMillions

posts 1012

Thanks! I knew I saw it some where on here…I just couldn't find the thread.  Its a cool freaking idea I am the WORST at working the affiliate angle

6:27 am
December 22, 2010

Forest Parks

Cairo, Egypt

Admin

posts 1337

Interesting concept but I reckon you could do something similar with a plugin like kb linker and take 100%….. http://wordpress.org/extend/pl…..kb-linker/, be a bit more of a manual process.

Vist me at Frugal Zeitgeist…. Frugal and Sustainable Living for the now…

10:28 am
December 22, 2010

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

Forest Parks said:

Interesting concept but I reckon you could do something similar with a plugin like kb linker and take 100%….. http://wordpress.org/extend/pl…..kb-linker/, be a bit more of a manual process.

Does kb linker monetize though?  From the blurb it sounds like it just adds links to sites you want linked to which doesn't sound much different than adding your own URL.

"KB Linker will link phrases you specify to sites you specify. For
example, you could make it so that whenever "Wordpress" occurs in a post
it is automatically linked to wordpress.org. All you do is enter
keyword/URL pairs into the Options=>KB Linker page in your admin
menu.

You'll find more detailed instructions on the admin page. But really, it's pretty easy. And KB Linker does the hard work…"

Or Earth and Money

12:52 pm
December 22, 2010

Jason@LiveRealNow

posts 727

Sustainable PF said:

Forest Parks said:

Does kb linker monetize though?  From the blurb it sounds like it just adds links to sites you want linked to which doesn't sound much different than adding your own URL.

"KB Linker will link phrases you specify to sites you specify. For

example, you could make it so that whenever "Wordpress" occurs in a post

it is automatically linked to wordpress.org. All you do is enter

keyword/URL pairs into the Options=>KB Linker page in your admin

menu.

You'll find more detailed instructions on the admin page. But really, it's pretty easy. And KB Linker does the hard work…"

You'd have to set up your own CJ account and join the individual programs you wanted to promote.   I use KB Linker and Pretty Link to automatically promote some affiliates.  For example "INGDirect" gets automatically linked to http://liverealnow.net/ingdirect, which is a masked link to my ING affiliate link.

12:18 pm
December 29, 2010

Forest Parks

Cairo, Egypt

Admin

posts 1337

Thanks Jason, good point.

Vist me at Frugal Zeitgeist…. Frugal and Sustainable Living for the now…

7:40 am
December 31, 2010

Car Negotiation Coach

posts 125

Hey Guys,

Here is the link to the thread with the original notes on 123 Linkit and here is the link to sign-up via my affiliate program (if you don't mind using this when you visit/register I would appreciate it greatly!). 

If anyone has any problems and can't get answers in the feedback forum on their site, please let me know and I will relay them to the owner directly.  She (Yasmine) is great and I know she wants to get rid of any potential problems as quick as possible. 

@Evan- I'm guessing that's who you're talking to next week.  Aside from being a personal friend, I also like to promote companies like hers to support fellow small business owners that are busting their hump to get ahead!

Happy New Years Guys!

Geoff

Geoff (aka The Car Negotiation Coach)

Check out my free ebook: How I Tripled My Affiliate Revenue without Adding Traffic & You Can Too. Or learn how to save big money when buying a car

8:30 am
December 31, 2010

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

Please let us know when Yasmine has fixed the issue where the display of posts gets altered when using the plugin.  I'm happy to use this plugin but not if it will reformat our posts!

Or Earth and Money

2:17 pm
December 31, 2010

Car Negotiation Coach

posts 125

SPF- I'll follow-up with Yasmine and will let you know if I hear any updates about addressing the issue with your theme (unless she responds to you first). 

Geoff

Geoff (aka The Car Negotiation Coach)

Check out my free ebook: How I Tripled My Affiliate Revenue without Adding Traffic & You Can Too. Or learn how to save big money when buying a car

2:34 pm
December 31, 2010

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

Car Negotiation Coach said:

SPF- I'll follow-up with Yasmine and will let you know if I hear any updates about addressing the issue with your theme (unless she responds to you first). 

Geoff

She responded Geoff and the fix is in! woot!

Pretty sure I signed up with your link so we'll see if I get any hits!

Or Earth and Money

1:11 pm
January 1, 2011

MyJourneytoMillions

posts 1012

I have a conference call set up with Yasmine next week…anyone have any questions for her?

2:21 pm
January 3, 2011

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

I've got to say, i'm done with this plugin – I will control links via Amazon links instead.

Experience 1:

The plugin messed up a bunch of posts formating.  I didn't discover this until after I had edited (removed) numerous links that I didn't want in our articles.  Over 2 hours of my life lost editting and emailing to figure out why things were glitchy.

Experience 2:

New version fixed formatting glitch – yay!  I re-activate plugin but find I have to re-sync all my pages again and again remove links I don't.  For example, I don't want to promote links to personal finance advertisers I can't/won't endorse or in my "feed your dog GOOD food" removing links to crappy dog food.  Other links had to go such as one to "bulbs" (flowers) when the post was about CFL light bulbs.

This time we had more pages so I spent another few hours tweeking things.  I also emailed Yasmine asking if i'd have to re-edit my links, then a follow up saying "yup I do".

Experience 3:

Today.

I get an email from Yasmine stating she didn't quite understand what I was saying and that she was going to have her tech guy re-sync my posts.  I was busy so I didn't respond immediately.  An hour later I get an email stating my posts were re-sync'd successfully.  UGH.

There is no way I am going to spend more time editting these links a 3rd time.

Plugin DEACTIVATED and DELETED.

Or Earth and Money

7:13 am
January 4, 2011

MyJourneytoMillions

posts 1012

I will express your concerns with Yasmine tonight.  I think this plugin if created with more skill then what she might have or with more understanding of blogging (vs Niche website marketing) it can change the affiliate game!

I have over 400 posts with 70% coming from Search Engine Traffic and I  SUCK at affiliate marketing so this plugin COULD make me a lot of money and quickly, but at what cost?  And that is what I am struggling with.  After I talk to her tonight I can let everyone know what I chose to do. 

To reiterate I think the plugin was created specifically for niche sites, and with a few tweaks I think it can be used to make a lot of money without harming the integrity of your site. 

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)