You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

BlogCarnival.com Has A New Owner!

UserPost

6:35 am
August 17, 2012

jonrhodesuk

UK

posts 277

I wrote an article about blog carnivals a few months ago. I recently received some comments after this article from the new owner of BlogCarnival.com, the first and biggest carnival site. The design of the site has already been modernised and they say they will be making some more improvements, and are inviting suggestions. It seems like it is going to be run in a more pro active way from now on.

I did suggest that they remove all the disused blog carivals so that there is less clutter to wade through to find the active ones. They indicated that this is what will be happening in the future.

If anyone here has any comments or suggestions about BlogCarnival.com, then check out my post Increase Traffic With Blog Carnivals.

They are keeping their eye on this post and will respond to comments and suggestions you make. It's refreshing to finally be heard! Smile

Learn Ethical Affiliate Marketing for FREE!

Join my weight loss affiliate program – 75% Com

Hypnosis Affiliate Program – 50% Com + free help selling products

1:14 pm
August 17, 2012

Jennifer Lynn

posts 100

Is this the blog carnival site that has been laying dormant the past few years? I remember how vibrant and huge it was around 2006-2007. If so, looking forward to a revival!

Broke-Ass Mommy

…first-time Mommy with a passion for saving, personal finance and investing

Twitter: [ @JennaL ]

2:39 pm
August 17, 2012

jonrhodesuk

UK

posts 277

Yes it is! Hopefully new ownership will breed some new life in it. The signs already look promising. Smile

8:40 am
August 18, 2012

KyleAAA

Atlanta, GA

posts 75

Hopefully they will fix it so that I'm allowed to submit to carnivals again. My submissions always got blocked, I'm guessing because of the first 10 letters of my domain name.

Blog: Amateur Asset Allocator

Twitter: KyleAAA

Facebook: AAA@Facebook

1:00 pm
August 18, 2012

Lance at Money Life and More

posts 160

Haha yah… if you just start typing and don't finish that could be bad.

Visit my Blog: Money Life and More

Follow me on Twitter

Like my page on Facebook

7:40 am
August 19, 2012

jonrhodesuk

UK

posts 277

KyleAAA said:

Hopefully they will fix it so that I'm allowed to submit to carnivals again. My submissions always got blocked, I'm guessing because of the first 10 letters of my domain name.

Lol, that made me laugh out loud! LaughLaugh You could always contact the new owners and explain the situation to them. They seem a lot more responsive than the last owners.

11:32 am
August 19, 2012

Shilpan

posts 126

I will check it out Jon. Thanks for sharing.

Follow Street Smart Finance

Blog [ http://www.streetsmartfinance.org/]

Follow on Twitter [ @ssmartfinance ]

1:38 am
August 20, 2012

jonrhodesuk

UK

posts 277

They have just contacted my blog via the comments fieldto let me know that they removed a lot of old carnivals. I've just checked it out and it is a LOT easier to use now Smile

8:09 am
August 20, 2012

MoneyBeagle

posts 1466

All sounds very promising.  The key will be to see if the momentum is maintained in the long term.

Member Site: Money Beagle

Visit Money Beagle    -    Email    -    Twitter    -   Facebook    -  Google+

9:35 am
August 20, 2012

ontargetcoach

Los Angeles, CA

posts 107

Jon,

Have you seen any positive traffic from this carnival site yet? I feel leery to contribute to same carnivals too much as Google might look unfavorably on next update. Any thoughts on this? 

Brent Pittman
Financial Coach & Blogger

http://www.ontargetcoach.com

Twitter: @ontargetcoach

Facebook OnTargetCoaching

11:27 am
August 20, 2012

jonrhodesuk

UK

posts 277

ontargetcoach said:

Jon,

Have you seen any positive traffic from this carnival site yet? I feel leery to contribute to same carnivals too much as Google might look unfavorably on next update. Any thoughts on this? 

I do get some traffic from some of the carnivals there, but nothing massive. There are also the SEO benefits to submitting to carnivals though.

I suspect, and this is only my thoughts on this, that you won't get penalised for submitting to the same carnivals, but the benefits will be reduced each time. I can't see any reason why Google would penalise your site for having several links on the same site. However I also cannot see Google giving the same weight to the 10th link as it would to a link on a new site (asssuming it had same page rank, authority etc.) That is why I try to get included on a wide variety of carnivals, rather than loads of links on just a handful.

A link is a vote of quality to a site, and it doesn't make sense to me that a site can have inlimited votes as to what is a quality site. I'm fairly sure it's better to have one link on 10 sites than it is to have 10 links on one site, assuming they are same quality of sites.

12:41 pm
August 20, 2012

ontargetcoach

Los Angeles, CA

posts 107

Jon,

Thanks for responding, I should add that if I do submit to a carnival, I don't link back for fear of link scheming or trading links, maybe I'm just paranoid.

I'll try for some of the carnivals on the link you provided. Thanks for the info. 

Brent Pittman

8:42 am
August 21, 2012

Eric – PersonalProfitability.com

Portland, OR

posts 2120

ontargetcoach said:

Jon,

Thanks for responding, I should add that if I do submit to a carnival, I don't link back for fear of link scheming or trading links, maybe I'm just paranoid.

I'll try for some of the carnivals on the link you provided. Thanks for the info. 

If that is the case, you should not submit to carnivals. The spirit of participating is to share everything as a community. Most carnivals will block you if you don't link back.

9:28 am
August 21, 2012

ontargetcoach

Los Angeles, CA

posts 107

Eric,

Thanks for your thoughts. I didn't realize that a carnival would block you for not linking back as I've never read that as a requirement for submitting to any carnival.

But, I guess carnivals can't explicitly state that in the rules or it would be a 'linking scheme' in the eyes of Google. If they are blocking you though isn't that forcing people to link back…I see I may be over thinking or at least trying to predict the next Google update. 

Oddly enough, I'm hosting my first Yakezie Carnival this week, I guess that is what has got me thinking about this. 

Brent Pittman

9:37 am
August 21, 2012

Eric – PersonalProfitability.com

Portland, OR

posts 2120

The biggest PF carnival has it very clearly in the rules.

For an article to be accepted, it must meet these qualifications:

• The article should reflect your point of view or opinion.
  • Positive stories are more enjoyable than negative stories or rants.
  • Only one submission per weblog will be accepted.
  • The entry should fall within the broad topic of personal finance.
  • Do not submit an article which has already appeared or will appear in any other Carnival.
  • The article should be recent, having been published within the last two weeks, but preferrably in the week leading up to the Carnival.
  • As a participant it is your reponsibility to link back to the published Carnival as soon as possible.

11:08 am
August 21, 2012

KyleAAA

Atlanta, GA

posts 75

ontargetcoach said:

Jon,

This fear is unfounded. In fact, it would appear less natural to Google if you DIDN'T link back, because that's what most people do.

Blog: Amateur Asset Allocator

Twitter: KyleAAA

Facebook: AAA@Facebook

12:15 pm
August 21, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

Not to derail, but…

"Do not submit an article which has already appeared or will appear in any other Carnival."

I'm a bit new to carnivals, but I did not read this at all. So, should I only pick 5 or less carnivals and send different articles to each?

5:16 am
August 22, 2012

MoneyBeagle

posts 1466

That is correct, Jake.  Most (but not all) carnivals require/request that you do not submit the same article to another carnival. 

Member Site: Money Beagle

Visit Money Beagle    -    Email    -    Twitter    -   Facebook    -  Google+

2:08 pm
August 22, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

MoneyBeagle said:

That is correct, Jake.  Most (but not all) carnivals require/request that you do not submit the same article to another carnival. 

Thanks. Will do :)

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)