You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Feedburner image question

UserPost

9:19 am
October 23, 2013

Money Counselor

posts 233

Hi folks, I'm struggling with a minor but irritating issue with my feed that I must be too senile to figure out on my own. Laugh A couple of months ago I switched to the Summary Burner format (feel free to critique that choice if you like) at feed burner. Since doing that (I think), my feed, as viewed through Feedly, includes an image that's not mine of trees and forest. The image I inserted in my post is not included.

I see other summary feeds in Feedly that have no image at all, but the post does indeed have an image. Ideally I'd like my summary feed to include the image I have in my post, but if that's not possible, I'd prefer no image at all instead of the 'forest scene' image of unknown origin.

What am I missing here?

thanks!

Make Better Money Decisions

Facebook  Twitter  Google+  RSS

kurt@mymoneycounselor.com

10:24 am
October 23, 2013

frugaling

posts 139

Not sure if this will help it, but I use a plugin called RSS Image Feed.

Let me know if that solves the problem.

-Sam

3:37 pm
October 24, 2013

Eric – PersonalProfitability.com

Portland, OR

posts 2120

In general I don't like summary feeds either way. I've pretty much unsubscribed from any site that doesn't give me the whole thing.

4:55 pm
October 24, 2013

Money Counselor

posts 233

Eric – NarrowBridge.net said:

In general I don't like summary feeds either way. I've pretty much unsubscribed from any site that doesn't give me the whole thing.

Maybe that explains why I have 7 subscribers. Frown Seriously though, thanks for that Eric. I've switched back & forth, so I'm conflicted. My latest thought had been, especially since Google stopped allowing ads in feeds, that I need people to actually visit my site to give them the opportunity to click on something that's going to end up putting money in my pocket. I know sometimes I'll read an entire article in the feed and never visit the site. On the other hand, a lame summary feed may entice few into visiting the site. Sounds like you would be more in the latter, 'on the other hand' camp?

thanks

8:36 am
October 25, 2013

Eric – PersonalProfitability.com

Portland, OR

posts 2120

If you write good stuff consistently, it will drive site traffic. RSS readers are usually more tech savvy and likely to share your stuff on social networks, so the traffic may still come from elsewhere to your site when they read. If you don't give them the whole article, they won't share it.

4:06 pm
October 25, 2013

Money Counselor

posts 233

Okay, I give. I've deactivated Summary Feed. Thanks for the feedback. And I bet that's going to fix the image problem, but if not, I'll try RSS Image Feed, Sam.

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)