You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

FinCon 2012 in Denver

UserPost

1:21 pm
January 3, 2012

Marissa

posts 385

Sustainable PF said:

Marissa said:

I really wish it was cheaper to fly from Toronto. But I really want to be there to meet all of you fantastic people. There is a Canadian PF conference going on as well in Toronto around the same time.

Drive to Buffalo and fly from there?

Good call.

-Marissa

PF Blog: Thirtysixmonths.com  Finance Triggers

Lifestyle/Fashion Chic Darling

Reach me: Marissa @ Thirtysixmonths.com

1:44 pm
January 3, 2012

Jeffrey Trull

CT

posts 134

I'll definitely be there again this year. Totally worth it last time, and it's a must-attend for those serious about PF blogging. I'm excited for Denver, and I'll probably extend my trip on both ends, too.

For those who didn't go, it's good to know that I hardly spent any money outside the conference ticket (which was very reasonably priced last year) and the plane ticket. Just about all meals were included and many, many drinks as well Smile

Hope to see everyone there!

Money Spruce: MoneySpruce.com

Email: jeffrey@moneyspruce.com

Money Spruce on Facebook, Twitter, and RSS

5:04 pm
January 3, 2012

Kay Lynn Akers

San Diego

posts 904

OneCentAtatime said:

I saw Aspen in Winter, it was all white. Love to see it in September in full green. Its only a few hrs drive from Denver. What about Sunday Yakezie trip to Aspen?

Great idea, but I'll be traveling home Sunday.  Need to be fresh for work.Wink

Visit me at Weight Chronicles

Follow me on twitter: @Kaylynnakers

Like me on Facebook

Email: admin@weightchronicles.com

9:46 pm
January 3, 2012

AmericanDebtProject

posts 199

Yeah, it sounds awesome!! Flights to Denver are pretty cheap from LA, so I hope I can make it.  Come on Adsense income!!

I blog at: American Debt Project

Follow me on Twitter: @IAmDebtProject

5:33 am
January 4, 2012

Frugal Confessions

Houston, TX

posts 1622

Way to go Jason!

Amanda L Grossman

Frugal Confessions

Frugal Confessions @ the Houston Chronicle

email: frugalconfessions@hotmail.com

8:54 am
January 4, 2012

FamilyMoneyValues

posts 812

I'm in!  I hate to fly and am only 10.5 hours out.  Anyone want to car pool with me from Kansas City?

FamilyMoneyValues
Blog: http:blog.familymoneyvalues.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Family…..neyValues/  

11:05 am
January 4, 2012

Kay Lynn Akers

San Diego

posts 904

AmericanDebtProject said:

Yeah, it sounds awesome!! Flights to Denver are pretty cheap from LA, so I hope I can make it.  Come on Adsense income!!

Do you know about the FinCon12 LA meetup group? 

Like me on Facebook

11:15 am
January 4, 2012

Jackie

posts 664

Melissa (Mom's Plans) said:

We are planning to go.  Now just need to figure out if we should drive or fly.  The drive is beautiful, once we make it out of Nebraska (no offense to anyone who lives there, but it is a boring drive!)

Mmm but you can stop in Ogallala and have great steak :)

MoneyCrush (Member Blog)
http://www.moneycrush.com • @moneycrush • Facebook

1:00 pm
January 4, 2012

The Penny Hoarder

posts 137

I can't wait!

I was bummed I missed last year's conference. Plus Denver is my old hometown so I'll get to visit family and FINCON it up at the same time! Woot!

Kyle

Kyle @ The Penny Hoarder 

The Penny Hoarder  - "Weird Ways to Make Extra Money"

Facebook: The Penny Hoarder Blog

Twitter: @thepennyhoarder

Email: thepennyhoarder@gmail.com

6:54 pm
January 4, 2012

WellHeeledBlog

posts 35

I am going to try my hardest to make it… at least fly out Friday and catch Saturday and part of Sunday. Also, meeting bloggers = new shoes in my book! Wink

Well Heeled Blog | Personal finance + savvy living

Email: wellheeled@gmail.com

Twitter: @wellheeledblog

8:20 pm
January 4, 2012

DebtFreeByThirty

posts 187

I am too excited and really hope I can swing it this year. Our military life has us up in the air with pretty much everything but I really hope things get worked out so I can go. 

7:17 am
January 5, 2012

Kay Lynn Akers

San Diego

posts 904

WellHeeledBlog said:

I am going to try my hardest to make it… at least fly out Friday and catch Saturday and part of Sunday. Also, meeting bloggers = new shoes in my book! Wink

Now that is saying something!

Like me on Facebook

11:20 am
January 5, 2012

Renée @ NickelbyNickel

Canada

posts 105

Aloysa said:

OneCentAtatime said:

I saw Aspen in Winter, it was all white. Love to see it in September in full green. Its only a few hrs drive from Denver. What about Sunday Yakezie trip to Aspen?

Count me in for sure! I would loooove to see Aspen! 

If I make it I am so up for doing something like that!

Blog: Nickel By Nickel
Life, money and everything in between.
Email: renee@nickelbynickel.com
Follow me on Twitter
I'm working my way to financial freedom, nickel by nickel, one penny at a time.

11:36 am
January 5, 2012

Renée @ NickelbyNickel

Canada

posts 105

I have never been that far into the states and am going to try my best to make it. I found some tickets (from Halifax, Canada) for about $500 but I'm going to try to see what I can do with airline miles.

Blog: Nickel By Nickel
Life, money and everything in between.
Email: renee@nickelbynickel.com
Follow me on Twitter
I'm working my way to financial freedom, nickel by nickel, one penny at a time.

12:12 pm
January 5, 2012

Eric J. Nisall

Coral Springs, FL

posts 377

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm definitely making every attempt to get out there.

For anyone like Jacob wondering about expensing the costs:

If you are only going out there for the business side (ie: the conference itself) then it is 100% deductible as a business expense as education/networking/whatever you call it.  If you are bringing family out there, then only part of the expenses will be allowed as a business expense which you will need to figure out based on the amounts spent & what % of it was expressly and directly for the conference/related expenditures.  Also, this only good for anyone who has a separate business formed or who will be filing a schedule C on the 1040.  But be warned, if you only have this expense and nothing else, you are running a serious risk of being flagged for an audit.  And, this is not something that can be used to apply toward any educational credit on an individual tax return either.

Eric J. Nisall

DollarVersity

DollarVersity on Facebook & Google+

Email me: eric@dollarversity.com

10:52 pm
January 5, 2012

Super Frugalette

posts 484

There is a direct flight from Madison to Colorado. It seems very plausable (and hopefully, I won't get sick this year). I will have to bring Frugalette #4 (he will only be 5 months and I am the food source), but I have some contacts from college so I am hoping that I can potentially locate a baby sitter for some of the sessions.

I might have to attempt to persuade Mr. Super Frugalette to come and watch #4. Although, the last trip he tagged along for was a ten day trip to China so I think Denver is going to be a tough sell.

Super Frugalette

Twitter: @Superfrugalette

Facebook: Super Frugalette

7:15 am
January 10, 2012

Mike and Molly

posts 9

It's on our calendars!  It's just a stone's throw from us (AKA- a 6 hour drive)!

Mike and Molly's House where we write, tweet and facebook (is that really a verb?) about our mighty projects on our mini farm (aka- our backyard).

8:30 am
January 10, 2012

The Saved Quarter

posts 531

I'm coming! I had to cancel last time because of pregnancy issues, but that won't be a concern this year. Woo! Already excited! :)

9:41 am
January 10, 2012

maria@moneyprinciple

Manchester, UK

posts 679

I would love to be there and meet you all. How is this going to work out from Manchester, UK is another matter. Provisionally, I am thinking beer with interesting people!

Maria

9:45 am
January 10, 2012

Tim

Jeff Rose said:

Hank Coleman said:

Forget the pencils…you've got to write it on your calendars in big black permanent marker!

Absolutely!!!   I've been waiting for Fincon12 as soon as the first one got over.   Literally one of the best conferences I've ever been, too.  If you're serious about your blog being a business, highly suggest you attend.  Worth every penny.  Wink

I can't wait for FINCON12.  It was so much fun meeting everyone and the motivation to learn and push to do new thing was incredible.  Looking forward to meeting even more Yakezie members there!

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)