You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

How Big Is Your Queue?

UserPost

7:57 am
January 12, 2011

Kevin McKee

posts 151

I might have 1 post queued up for the next day. I'm usually writing about something that night that I thought about or read earlier in the day. I think it makes the posts more timely and relevant, especially when you can tie the post to some current event or recent article from somewhere else.

I wanna be a Thousandaire so freaking bad!

@kevin_is_money

8:56 am
January 12, 2011

Invest It Wisely

posts 2019

I usually have 1 to 2 finished or nearly-finished posts in the queue, and a lot of small snippets floating around. ;)

9:41 am
January 12, 2011

retireby40

USA

posts 1381

WOW, everybody is so on the ball!

I have 1-2 drafts and 4-5 ideas at the most. I've been able to keep up with MWF so far, but when things get busy I probably have to decrease the frequency a bit.

I noticed the post frequency went down for many blogs in January. I guess it's busy time for financial guys now.

Kevin Thousandnaire – You should write about "pon farr." It seems to be Dilbert's theme this week. Laugh

retire by 40

Twitter: @retirebyforty

Facebook: Retire By 40 

9:42 am
January 12, 2011

Sandy @ yesiamcheap

New York, NY

posts 802

Usually just 1 or 2 and I have about 6 drafts going.  I am aiming to get my queue up to at least 10 posts.

I'm digging my way out of some serious debt at

http://www.yesiamcheap.com.

10:11 am
January 12, 2011

Budgeting in the Fun Stuff

posts 3048

Buck Inspire said:

Wouldn't have imagined any less from the Terminator.  Laugh  35 ideas?  11 posts and 2 staff writer posts?  Amazing.  Are you also from the future?  Surprised

Budgeting in the Fun Stuff said:

I have a note pad of about 35 ideas that I haven't looked at for a month or so.  I also have 11 posts written and scheduled right now plus 2 staff writer posts.  I do my weekly Saturday roundups and Sunday blog stats update on every Friday and Saturday but the rest of my weekly posts are usually written a week or two in advance.

LOL.  Nope, I just know that I sometimes don't feel like writing so I make sure I write a lot when I do.  You just happened to ask after I wrote a lot last weekend.  My "norm" is 5-7 posts scheduled in advance.  :-)

Crystal

Yakezie Member Site: 

Ebook:  How I Make Money Blogging:
The Beginner's Guide to Building a Money-Making Site

Email:  budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail *dot* com

You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook

5:33 pm
January 12, 2011

The Saved Quarter

posts 531

Written posts: the next four Mondays, when I'm posting "The Saved Quarter Challenge" and about 5 extra posts for January.

Idea list: written out through May, with some ideas more fleshed out than others. I've got 6 posts listed per week (including a link up, menu plan, and challenge), but some may be postponed with time management issues. 

5:33 pm
January 12, 2011

The Saved Quarter

posts 531

Written posts: the next four Mondays, when I'm posting "The Saved Quarter Challenge" and about 5 extra posts for January.

Idea list: written out through May, with some ideas more fleshed out than others. I've got 6 posts listed per week (including a link up, menu plan, and challenge), but some may be postponed with time management issues. 

8:38 pm
January 12, 2011

The College Investor

San Diego, CA

Admin

posts 1935

I have about 5 drafts, 2 posts scheduled, and about 10 ideas for posts.  I like to schedule a post at least two days out.  I don't like to go more than a week out (BFS seems to schedule 2 weeks out!!!).

Please check out The College Investor at http://thecollegeinvestor.com!  This is the home of my Investing 101 Class.

Ready to Take Your Blog To The Next Level: http://beatthe9to5.com

You can also follow on Twitter @CollegeInvestin or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/thecol…..geinvestor!

8:42 pm
January 12, 2011

posts 3048

The College Investor said:

I have about 5 drafts, 2 posts scheduled, and about 10 ideas for posts.  I like to schedule a post at least two days out.  I don't like to go more than a week out (BFS seems to schedule 2 weeks out!!!).

Yes I do.  :-)  I have tiny anxiety issues when I feel like I "have" to do something – having posts done in advance makes me worry less.  :-)

Crystal

Yakezie Member Site: 

Ebook:  How I Make Money Blogging:
The Beginner's Guide to Building a Money-Making Site

Email:  budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail *dot* com

You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook

9:02 pm
January 12, 2011

Buck Inspire

posts 1546

My goodness, popular question.  Thanks to everyone for sharing!  I was just wondering how it was for you all.  Guess find what works for you and stick with it?  Guess you could say that about a lot of things. Laugh

9:10 pm
January 12, 2011

Eugene Craig III

posts 117

My quote of the day is sometime done 2-3 weeks out while my actual post are produce generally within the week they are aired.

4:27 am
January 13, 2011

moneycone

posts 617

No queue here!  I write when inspiration strikes! :)

5:30 am
January 13, 2011

everydaytips

Detroit Area

posts 455

moneycone said:

No queue here!  I write when inspiration strikes! :)

I am with you MoneyCone, although occasionally I am forced to sit and write when I am just not 'feeling it' if I plan to get a post out for the next day.

Kris @ Everyday Tips and Thoughts

Visit me at Everyday Tips and Thoughts

Follow Me On Twitter: Edaytipsthought

Be My Facebook Friend: Everyday Tips

9:03 am
January 13, 2011

TightFistedMiser

posts 361

I sometimes write a few posts at once and schedule them but usually I don't have a queue at all.  I do keep a list of post ideas but I need to get better at keeping posts in reserve for those times when I don't feel like writing.

9:45 am
January 13, 2011

My Personal Finance Journey

posts 3159

My queue is usually at 0! I sort of write when the inspiration strikes! 

Jacob @ My Personal Finance Journey

Visit me at My Personal Finance Journey

Email me jacob@mypersonalfinancejourney.com

Be my Facebook Friend, Follow my journey on Twitter

9:57 am
January 15, 2011

Forest Parks

Cairo, Egypt

Admin

posts 1337

Normally 0 for me but I want to change that soon and start getting back to longer / better more considered posts.

Vist me at Frugal Zeitgeist…. Frugal and Sustainable Living for the now…

12:50 pm
January 15, 2011

Jaymus (RealizedReturns)

posts 86

I travel a lot during the week, so I find I am scheduling 3-4 posts over the weekdn for publishing in the coming week.  If I want to consistently post I'll have to keep doing this as during the week I get so busy I may find I don't have the time to crank out a post.

12:53 pm
January 15, 2011

Financial Samurai

Admin

posts 1803

Fun topic.  I have about 30 full written posts in my queue, which is frankly not the best since I FORGET what I've written, and some might lose it's topical appeal of the moment.  Hence, I'm more cognizant of trying to write posts the are queued up that "stand the test of time."

I think it would be fun to have 0 posts in the queue.. then it's balls to the wall, or fallopians to the utopians each day! :)

Regards,

Sam

Financial Samurai - Helping you achieve financial freedom sooner, rather than later.

Yakezie Network Founder 

1:08 pm
January 15, 2011

The Financial Blogger

posts 429

I have one week of post ahead for the whole network. Each time I have more, I go on vacation so I come back to 0 ;-)

A huge draft is not better either. As Sam mentioned, you then forget about half of your ideas and miss timely post ;-)

2:41 pm
January 15, 2011

Buck Inspire

posts 1546

30 in queue?  Wow impressive work.  Balls to the wall sometimes is the best as I find it produces the best stuff, raw, and gripping.  Maybe I should work on some timeless pieces, too.

Appreciate everyone's feedback!  As I've gotten past the newbie scenarios, I wonder how to continue improving my game as now I'm a little more seasoned.  Three months, boy time sure flies when you're having fun! Laugh

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)