You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

How important is Keyword Research in PF blog postings? What to do in a highly competitive topics?

UserPost

9:01 pm
May 29, 2013

thefrugalmodel

New York City

posts 17

sooverthis said:

Ashley – I hope this doesn't come across as super self-promotional, but I have two posts for super super beginners on my business site: SEO 101 (link) and SEO 102 (link). I've been debating whether to keep going with that series because a lot of newer bloggers have emailed me to say it helped them wrap their heads around SEO enough to get started.

Very helpful – thank you!

Ashley at TheFrugalModel.com

Learn to live luxe for less with tips and advice on saving your money

Follow me @thefrugalmodel

Like TFM on Facebook

4:19 am
May 30, 2013

MoneyBeagle

posts 1466

One piece of advice I would throw out there is that if you do concentrate at all on SEO / keyword rankings, that's all fine, but set your expectations low.  If you go in expecting to be first page ranked and it doesn't happen, you'll end up disappointed and frustrated.  If you go in expecting nothing and you get nothing, you'll still be (hopefully) motivated to keep writing, and if it does end up ranking well, consider it a bonus.

As Sam and many others have pointed out, the number one focus above all else is delivering quality content.

Member Site: Money Beagle

Visit Money Beagle    -    Email    -    Twitter    -   Facebook    -  Google+

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)