You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Looking for Freelance Tips

UserPost

8:49 am
September 7, 2015

debtfreedivas

posts 121

I want to venture into the world of freelance writing. For those with experience in this area, I have a few questions:

1. What rate should one charge when just starting. I've been blogging for a few years so I do have a body of work to present.

2. What are the best tips for finding freelance work?

3. How much time do you spend on freelance jobs per week?

Thanks so much!

3:54 pm
September 10, 2015

MoneyTime

posts 7

Post edited 3:54 pm – September 10, 2015 by MoneyTime

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by freelance writing. 

There are sites like TextBroker that you can get paid writing gigs (people post a description of what they want and you can accept it). They pay a range based on the quality of your past writing (ranging from 0.7-5 cents / word).  You can work as often or as little as you want with them (as long as you complete all the assignment you accept of course).

Or, you could hang out a shingle and offer to do this sort of work like budgetblonde does (http://www.budgetblonde.com/hire-me/).

Heck, she event offers a course on how to do this - https://gumroad.com/l/write-for-blogs-master-level/budgetblonde#.  I'm sure this would cover all your questions.

Or, you could offer to work for a specific site, probably related to your blogging niche.  I used to do this on MoneySmartsBlog – I co-owned the blog and had my half bought out by the other owner.  He wanted me to keep writing, which I did for $20 / post.  He told me I could post as often or as seldom as I wanted on whatever topics I wanted.  Eventually we agreed to part ways, and when we announced it I had numerous offers of other writing gigs (which leads me to suspect that you can get more than $20 / post =).

This is almost a blog post ;-P.

10:53 am
September 11, 2015

realsimplefinances

posts 3

It seems that $20 is the magic starting number — it's where I started, but I had also been blogging for less than a year at that point. I think it's more than reasonable to ask for more than $30 if you have a large portfolio, are writing within your niche, and write well.

I found my first freelance writing job through Yakezie, actually! We did a blog post swap, and I ended up being hired by the woman I swapped posts with. I have also found word of mouth to be very useful.

My freelancing workload varies, but since it's only a part-time gig I would estimate an hour and a half on most posts. It depends on how much research is involved; normally I do a bit of research or reading on the topic, and then type up a rough draft fairly quickly. The most time-intensive part of my writing is going back and revising while simultaneously adding links to various other posts.

Good luck!

~ Alexandra

RealSimpleFinances.com

11:45 pm
September 17, 2015

amitkumarusa

posts 1

In my opinion you are searching for the freelancing writing, better to have your own blog create from the INdeses, and do blogging like Blogatize and earn thousands on running your blog successfully. Cool

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)