You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Married Food – Staff Writer Position and Guest Post Information

UserPost

2:07 pm
April 17, 2011

Elle

Raleigh, NC

posts 199

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's been busy for me these last couple of weeks, but good. I'm getting ready to launch a new site next month, Married Food. I'm looking for a staff writer to help out as I'm expecting a baby this summer and will have to adjust to a new work routine. 

The site's focus is on real food and great eats for couples and families. I want to include information about great dining destinations around the country and the world and I want to incorporate bringing those amazing flavors into kitchens. 

It's not just organic food, CSAs, and farmer's markets - it's about the community of people who love a good meal. I'm getting recipes and reviews ready, but I really would like to have different perspectives with this site. 

Staff Writer

You'll have an author box created for all your posts which will include a link to your site, your twitter account, facebook page, or rss feed. You can also have a relevant keyword link in every post to your site. (2 links total) You'll also have a space reserved in the weekly round-ups for Couple Money or Married Food (depending on topic) for an article from your own site. 

Right now I'm offering $15-20/post for posts of at least 350 words. I'm hoping to increasing pay within 6 months based on site growth. 

Reoccurring Guest Writers

If you're more interested in building links for your site, then you may be interested in a reoccurring guest post position (2x/month). 

You'll have an author box created for all your posts which will include a link to your site, your twitter account, facebook page, or rss feed. You can also have a relevant keyword link in every post to your site. (2 links total). You also have an option of having a 125x125 button ad for your site included on the site page or have an additional link included in your guest posts. 

When I hire another staff writer, my first choice will be among the Reoccurring Guest Posters. 

Contributor Page:

Whether you're a staff writer or a reoccurring guest writer, you'll be included in a Contributors page where I'll have your pic, medium bio, and links to your site and social media links. 

==

Couple Money Reoccurring Guest Writers

I'm also looking at guest writers on Couple Money. It's also a twice a month posting scheduling for anyone interested. Right now traffic is approximately 20,000 pageviews each month, so I hope it can be an opportunity to grow your own site. I'd love for you to sign up and be a part of the team. 

You'll have an author box created for all your posts which will include a link to your site, your twitter account, facebook page, or rss feed. You can also have a relevant keyword link in every post to your site. (2 links total). 

====

Please feel free to contact me (elle at couplemoney DOT com) if you want to pitch an idea (for pay or links). I'm reaching out to the Yakezie network (full members and challengers) right now, so please keep this within the forums. Thank you!

Elle Martinez

Couple Money- Live on one income; have fun with the second.

Couple Money Podcast – Building Up Your Marriage and Your Net Worth

Please chat with me - Couple Money on Twitter

6:20 am
April 18, 2011

Barbara Friedberg

posts 1302

Elle, Congrats on new site. The world food concept is really cool as I'm sure many out there would like an easy access to easy intl cooking. I'll look forward to checking it out.

10:09 am
April 18, 2011

The Saved Quarter

posts 531

I'd be interested in participating. I have had good feedback on the real food recipes I've posted at The Saved Quarter. I'd be happy to write about packing healthy lunches for families that kids will eat – I pack my son's lunch daily, year round, so there's plenty for me to offer in this regard. Planning dinner with leftover lunch in mind is routine around here, but might be a new idea for some, and specific ideas of spending 10 minutes after dinner to turn tonight's chicken and rice into tomorrow's chicken and rice salad might be well received.

E-mail me if you are interested! thesavedquarter @ gmail DOT com.

11:03 am
April 18, 2011

Wojo

SW Florida

posts 57

I love cooking and I am married! :) I'm still a little unclear about what kinds of posts you'd be looking for, so I am tentatively interested depending on whether anything I'd offer would be worthwhile for you. Email me if you can about the details (or post here) wojo-at-fiscalfizzle-dot-com. Thanks!! :) 

"Wojo" Kulicki

Fiscal Fizzle (site/twitter/facebook)

11:24 am
April 18, 2011

Elle

Raleigh, NC

posts 199

Post edited 4:29 am – April 19, 2011 by Elle

Thanks for the emails and posts about the staff writing and guest posts. I want to answer a couple of the questions I received.

The paid staff writer position is a weekly gig. I'm looking to have a regular voice on the site. I think another take on food would be invaluable. 

Married Food Categories

I'm looking at this site as a food & lifestyle blog rather than having just quick and easy recipe site. Here are some of the topics I'm focusing on for now. 

• Cooking Tips & Tricks – I'm thinking of Bittman's How to Cook Everything. I'm looking for information for beginning and intermediate cooks. It's about helping people feel comfortable in the kitchen. 
  • Favorite Bites - Restaurant and Grocery Reviews
  • Global Tastes – I want to share culture behind global cuisine and have some overviews about certain foods (i.e. empandas, curries, pasteries). 
  • Munch and Money – Grocery shopping tips and getting healthy food in your homes w/o breaking the budget
  • Recipes -Family recipes, healthy tweaks to classic American and global foods
  • Sustainable Food – From the farm to your plate, I want cover topic about locally sourced food and viable options for couples and families. 

As the site develops I know more categories will follow, but that's what I'm starting off with right now. 

Please keep asking me questions- I want to be helpful with the process. This week as I'm getting the site ready, I'm also reviewing everyone's site to get an idea of people's different writing styles. 

Elle Martinez

Couple Money- Live on one income; have fun with the second.

Couple Money Podcast – Building Up Your Marriage and Your Net Worth

Please chat with me - Couple Money on Twitter

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)