You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Questions about blog carnivals

UserPost

12:26 pm
April 6, 2012

Finance Yoga

Kentucky

posts 86

So, I have a couple of questions about blog carnivals.

1. What IS  a blog carnival and how do they work?

2. What blog carnival's would you recommend? 

For your answers, imagine I know nothing about blog carnivals (other than the fact that it is a good thing to be a part of)

My blog is about finance (in case you didn't catch that by my user name and my signature Wink)

Thanks in advance for the help.

12:47 pm
April 6, 2012

WorkSaveLive

posts 187

Hi FY!

Blog carnivals are a group of some of the best blog posts around the web for a given 1-2 week period. They're hosted by various financial bloggers and they generally are posted over the weekends.

They're great because they help you build some backlinks and it is also a great way to recognize some of the better reading material of the week.

I'd recommend you visit this site: http://blogcarnivalhq.com/

There you can submit to a lot of the main carnivals: Financial Simplicity, Carnival of Personal Finance, Best of Money, Festival of Frugality, Carnival of Wealth, Totally Money Blog Carnival, Carnival of Financial Planning, and The Carnival of Financial Camaraderie. There is a section on this forum about the Yakezie Carnival as well and I'd recommend you submit to that too!

You have to submit to each of the carnivals each week and the host is responsible for choosing which posts make it.

I'm hosting the Financial Simplicity carnival this weekend so try and get your post submitted tonight!

I hope that helps!

Follow me on Twitter @WorkSaveLive
Facebook: WorkSaveLive

12:47 pm
April 6, 2012

WorkSaveLive

posts 187

I really love your logo by the way! Great work!

Follow me on Twitter @WorkSaveLive
Facebook: WorkSaveLive

5:22 am
April 7, 2012

Finance Yoga

Kentucky

posts 86

Thanks a bunch! I enjoy graphic design, however, logo's are all I do and know nothing about coding of any sort lol. 

7:31 am
April 7, 2012

Hank Coleman

North Carolina

posts 363

Definitely great logo. Very cool

10:10 am
April 8, 2012

Modest Money

posts 256

You definitely want to be submitting your best posts to carnivals each week.  They provide some juicy dofollow in-content links that you don't get from most blog commenting.  It's also a great way to get on other bloggers' radars.

Keep in mind that most carnivals only allow you to submit 1 post per week and it usually has to be have been published in the past week.  So make a point of really submitting your best content.

There are at least a few bloggers on here who offer carnival submission services for a small fee.  I personally feel that it is easy enough to do on my own, but you may want to free up any time you can since blogging is a lot of work.

For a list of some good carnivals to submit to, refer to this site: http://www.pfcarny.com/carniva…..to-submit/

Usually it is good etiquette to link back to any carnival post that includes you.  And be sure your post actually fits into the carnival's theme and categories, otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time.

For most carnivals the hosting is rotated amongst various blogs and you can often sign up to host.  So each carnival usually has varying levels of benefits each week.

Check out my finance blog: Modest Money 

Alexa ranking from 22M to under 70k in 3 months

Let's help each other on social media!  Twitter | Facebook | Google+

6:13 am
April 9, 2012

seedebtrun

posts 327

I think that Carnival Submissions should be really be part of your blogging 101 process.

If you want to grow your blog, you need backlinks.  Carnivals provide a great way to get a high quality backlink.

As mentioned earlier, be sure to do a round-up every 1-2 weeks and link back to the Carnival Host to return the favor.

See Debt Run

Follow our journey back to financial sanity

Blog [ http://seedebtrun.com ]

Follow on Twitter [ @seedebtrun ]

Like on Facebook [ seedebtrun ]

8:54 am
April 9, 2012

20s Finances

Admin

posts 1147

What everyone has said is true. The way I look at it is this – If I don't submit my posts to carnivals, I am losing an opportunity to get more links to my site. You can't go back in time to submit your posts, so you might as well take advantage now.

If you have any further questions about carnivals, feel free to email me.

Corey

20's Finances Passive Income to Retire

Follow Me on Twitter Like 20's Finances at Facebook

Subscribe to Email Updates

20sfinances *at* gmail *dot* com

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)