You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Sub-200,000 Alexa at last!

UserPost

10:27 am
November 16, 2012

Objective Wealth

UK

posts 71

At last…broke 200k today for the first time, currently sitting satisfied (for now) at 199,504. Smile

The funny thing is, from a starting point of 8 million, it took me 7 months to cross the hallowed 200k line – but for the last 2 months I've been bouncing along the bottom anywhere between 208-230k. A tad frustrating I can tell you.

It's a pleasing milestone to reach I must admit, just goes to show how useful goal setting like this can be to help keep you pressing on. 

From Members' experiences, what would be a realistic goal to aim for next with Alexa ranking?

Cheers.

Drew

Objective Wealth

Philosophical blogging on personal finance, wealth creation and wider prosperity

Twitter   Facebook   Google+   RSS

11:08 am
November 16, 2012

Jennifer Lynn

posts 100

Congratulations, Drew! I just grazed this exciting benchmark for the first time today after four months. Bobbing along nicely. (I am sure I will dip back under but, hey, I'll bask in the glory for a hot New York minute.) What's next for us?

Broke-Ass Mommy

…first-time Mommy with a passion for saving, personal finance and investing

Twitter: [ @JennaL ]

11:26 am
November 16, 2012

maria@moneyprinciple

Manchester, UK

posts 679

Well done! Now keep going :).

Maria

1:38 pm
November 16, 2012

moolamind

Meridian, ID

posts 50

Nice Work!

2:58 pm
November 16, 2012

femmefrugality

posts 105

Congrats, guys!  The last little bit is the hardest, for sure.  A word from the not so wise:  keep working to get it even lower….went on vacation one week and I lost it…it's never come back down!

Femme Frugality

Follow on Twitter

Follow on G+

3:09 pm
November 16, 2012

My Personal Finance Journey

posts 3159

Congrats! 

Jacob @ My Personal Finance Journey

Visit me at My Personal Finance Journey

Email me jacob@mypersonalfinancejourney.com

Be my Facebook Friend, Follow my journey on Twitter

3:27 pm
November 16, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

Well done, sir! Keep it up, and you can hit 100,000 next year for sure!

6:22 am
November 17, 2012

Objective Wealth

UK

posts 71

Thanks everyone.

So is 100,000 the next milestone? What sort of time-frame would I be looking at? Sometime next year like Jake says?

Am I right in thinking it's going to be exponentially more difficult the closer you get to Alexa rank #1?

Drew

Objective Wealth

Philosophical blogging on personal finance, wealth creation and wider prosperity

Twitter   Facebook   Google+   RSS

12:25 pm
November 17, 2012

Hank Coleman

North Carolina

posts 363

Congrats! It will be only a matter of time before you are blowing through more milestones.

11:21 am
November 19, 2012

WellKeptWallet

posts 207

That is stellar! Way to go! I am not sure the next major milestone as I just broke 200k myself. 

10:52 pm
November 19, 2012

Untemplater

posts 400

Objective Wealth said:

Thanks everyone.

So is 100,000 the next milestone? What sort of time-frame would I be looking at? Sometime next year like Jake says?

Am I right in thinking it's going to be exponentially more difficult the closer you get to Alexa rank #1?

Congrats!

Yep, the lower you go the harder it gets.  My advice is try to focus on writing good quality content and not get too obsessed with the rankings. They go up and down all the time, so don't worry!

Sydney at Untemplater

Blog: http://untemplater.com

Twitter: @untemplater  @syduntemplater

Facebook: Like Untemplater's Page  Friend Sydney

Work where you want…Live how you want…Be who you want to be

4:00 am
November 20, 2012

MoneyBeagle

posts 1466

Untemplater said:

Congrats!
Yep, the lower you go the harder it gets.  My advice is try to focus on writing good quality content and not get too obsessed with the rankings. They go up and down all the time, so don't worry!

Agreed, I've never cracked 100,000.  I think I got to 105,000 at my peak.  But, still trying :)

Member Site: Money Beagle

Visit Money Beagle    -    Email    -    Twitter    -   Facebook    -  Google+

6:57 am
November 20, 2012

seedebtrun

posts 327

Congrats!.. 200k is a big milestone and you certainly have been working hard to get there.

Keep it up and you'll continue to see those numbers fall!

-j-

See Debt Run

Follow our journey back to financial sanity

Blog [ http://seedebtrun.com ]

Follow on Twitter [ @seedebtrun ]

Like on Facebook [ seedebtrun ]

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)