You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

What comment system do you use?

UserPost

1:42 pm
August 29, 2012

Club Thrifty

posts 251

I noticed that Jason at WorkSaveLive posted he's using a new commenting widget. I wanted to ask everybody what commenting system that they use. Currently, we just use the regular Wordpress comments. I've thought about switching to Disqus or something similar. Do you guys have any suggestions? I'd love to know why you've chosen the systems you have as well.  Thanks in advance for the advice!

9:06 pm
August 29, 2012

Edward Antrobus

Fort Collins, CO

posts 1008

I use the regular Wordpress commenting system, along with CommentLuv. I actually started out with Disqus but got rid of it, in large part because I had trouble getting it to behave with my CSS.

I hate IntenseDebate with a passion.  The feeling seems to be mutual. My comment won't go through probably 3 times out of 5 with ID. I've pretty much given up on trying. So installing ID is a pretty good way to stop me from commenting on a site.

I'm looking for editors, beta-readers, and some demographic research for my upcoming novel, Once Upon a Saturn Moon. If you like reading soft sci-fi thrillers, maybe with a touch of romance thrown in, you can find more information at http://seampublishing.com/once…..aturn-moon

If You Can Read, You Can Cookhttp://www.ifyoucanread.com | Think you can't cook? If you can read this sentence, then you can.

SEAM Publishinghttp://www.seampublishing.com | eBook formatting and publishing service

11:42 pm
August 29, 2012

Van Beek

Bangkok, Thailand

posts 227

Disqus is working well for me.

Van Beek – vanbeek101

Facebook | Tumblr | Google+

4:25 am
August 30, 2012

20s Finances

Admin

posts 1147

I know this is a matter of personal preference, but I prefer the wordpress commenting system. I don't like most commenting systems because everyone is different and requires me to create an account with them. If I have trouble figuring out how to comment, then I can assume my readers will to.

Corey

20's Finances Passive Income to Retire

Follow Me on Twitter Like 20's Finances at Facebook

Subscribe to Email Updates

20sfinances *at* gmail *dot* com

5:11 am
August 30, 2012

sooverthis

Kentucky

posts 1041

I used Disqus for a long time and loved it, but a lot of my readers were having trouble getting their comments to go through. I switched to Livefyre (HATED it) and finally settled on IntenseDebate. It has worked well for me; people can comment with name and URL just like the regular WP comments but they can also use their social accounts. Plus it looks a little nicer without me having to spend time working on CSS for the comment section.

6:06 am
August 30, 2012

Mike – Saving Money Today

posts 520

I'm with Corey.  The more hoops you make me jump through the less likely I will leave a comment or come back again.

7:31 am
August 30, 2012

Michelle (Making Sense of Cents)

posts 400

I use Intense Debate and it's my favorite. Very easy to use.

8:56 am
August 30, 2012

Club Thrifty

posts 251

Post edited 9:04 am – August 30, 2012 by Club Thrifty

Thanks guys! This is very helpful. I think I'm gonna stick with Wordpress for now and add CommentLuv. Thanks for the advice everybody!!!!

9:23 am
August 30, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

I use wordpress and CL as well. I don't want anyone to have to sign up for something just to comment properly on my site. I haven't had any complaints, and personally perfer it when visiting other sites.

10:04 am
August 30, 2012

Objective Wealth

UK

posts 71

I took the same order as Andrea, although it didn't long to move on from Disqus. Then I had problems with LiveFyre, flagged up by other generous bloggers due to their missed comments, before finally trying out and settling with Intense Debate. I've had no problems at all with ID, you even get some button colour choices to match with your theme.  

Drew

Objective Wealth

Philosophical blogging on personal finance, wealth creation and wider prosperity

Twitter   Facebook   Google+   RSS

3:51 pm
August 30, 2012

Jennifer Lynn

posts 100

Wordpress with Commentluv plugin here too. I loathe being forced to log into anything.

Broke-Ass Mommy

…first-time Mommy with a passion for saving, personal finance and investing

Twitter: [ @JennaL ]

5:58 pm
August 30, 2012

OneCentAtatime

Florida, USA

posts 1778

20s Finances said:

I know this is a matter of personal preference, but I prefer the wordpress commenting system. I don't like most commenting systems because everyone is different and requires me to create an account with them. If I have trouble figuring out how to comment, then I can assume my readers will to.

Whatever he said is also my opinion.

SB

One Cent At A Time  (Yakezie Member Site)

http://twitter.com/onlyonecent

onecentatatime@gmail.com

Finance Product Reviews 

https://twitter.com/FPRReviews

8:01 pm
August 30, 2012

DC @ Young Adult Money

Minnesota

posts 21

"Wordpress with Commentluv plugin here too. I loathe being forced to log into anything."

I feel like all I do is ask dumb questions on here, but when you say "wordpress comment system" what do you mean?  I am currently using livefyre but would LOVE to have it set up like 20s Finances, DINKs Finance, Budgets are Sexy, etc. I just don't have time to format the comments.  Is the wordpress comment system a plugin?  Any advice would be helpful.  Only been doing this for 2 months and I know the comment system needs to be simplified on my site.

6:46 am
August 31, 2012

TightFistedMiser

posts 361

Wordpress comes with its own comment system.  There is no need to get a plugin.  I think the Wordpress comment system is the easiest to use as both a blogger and commenter.  I don't see any benefit to using the other comment systems, but many people do use other systems so they must see some benefit.

8:21 pm
August 31, 2012

DC @ Young Adult Money

Minnesota

posts 21

@TightFistedMiser the reason I am using livefyre for the time being is because the comment section looks crappy and will take hours to format properly.  It's probably just my theme, but I will likely have to just bite the bullet and put the time in to make it look decent.  I appreciate your response.

2:02 pm
September 1, 2012

seedebtrun

posts 327

Put SDR firmly in the "wordpress default" fan club, when it comes to commenting…

I can't stand it when comment systems force us to link to our WP or Twitter accounts.

See Debt Run

Follow our journey back to financial sanity

Blog [ http://seedebtrun.com ]

Follow on Twitter [ @seedebtrun ]

Like on Facebook [ seedebtrun ]

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)