You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

What's your fave thing about blogging?

UserPost

7:15 am
May 24, 2012

Finance Fox.ca

Toronto, Canada

posts 120

Going onto almost two years of blogging and over 400 posts, there are many great things about blogging that keep me wanting more. Aside from my blog becoming a profitable side business, I'm not all that driven by the $$$ signs, rather I enjoy blogging for the following reasons:

• Community (Yakezie and personal relationships/networking I've gained with select bloggers online/offline)
  • Career Opportunities
  • Education Factor
  • Writing (As tiring as it might be at times, I've really come to a point where I enjoy writing)
  • Publicity (without my blog, who knows if I would have ever been featured in the media/news/interviews etc..)

I'm sure I can add a few more things to the above list, but I'll conclude with this:

Why do you enjoy blogging? What drives you to keep going forward (money aside)? Wink

Fox @ Finance Fox

Site:  http://www.financefox.ca/

Email:  financefoxx@gmail.com

You can also find me on Twitter 

9:21 am
May 24, 2012

My Personal Finance Journey

posts 3159

Interacting with readers, other PF bloggers, and personal finance people in my community is definitely a major driver! Another is also that I really do enjoy writing as a creative outlet and break from my day job! 

Jacob @ My Personal Finance Journey

Visit me at My Personal Finance Journey

Email me jacob@mypersonalfinancejourney.com

Be my Facebook Friend, Follow my journey on Twitter

9:53 am
May 24, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

The reason I started blogging was to help people. I love that people can read what I write and apply it to their lives. Since I just started a few weeks ago, I don't have a ton of readers, but mostly it's been my family telling me they're getting on a budget and going through my budgeting series. I LOVE THAT! I've always wanted to do financial counseling and this is my outlet for it. Keeps me motivated! Laugh

11:54 am
May 24, 2012

Finance Fox.ca

Toronto, Canada

posts 120

@Jake

Congrats. Keep writing and the readers will follow.

@MFJ

You touched a good point – interacting with readers…something I forgot to mention.

Fox @ Finance Fox

3:03 pm
May 24, 2012

AmericanDebtProject

posts 199

Well, I'm getting very close to 1 year of blogging, and the best part of it continues to be writing about what I want and getting really interesting comments. I blog because it forces me to continue improving my finances, and understanding I have no excuses not to. So I blog for the personal side (debt updates and changing habits) and community side (discussing the bigger issues, analyzing what goes on in society and culture that encourages debt, spending, consumerism, etc.). And I also love reading other blogs, people are fascinating and continue to churn out great posts that I learn a lot from, from investing to budgeting to family expenses and life changes. I love it!

I blog at: American Debt Project

Follow me on Twitter: @IAmDebtProject

4:20 pm
May 24, 2012

JP Money Blogger

posts 130

I'm amazed that I can sit in my pajamas at night, write an article about some nuance of finance that popped into my head that day and my post could be picked up by the news or it could become the most found article on the subject on google. The internet makes it fun to share your knowledge.

Site: 20's Finances

Email: JohnPrestonBlogger (at) gmail (dot) com

Twitter: @jpmoneyblogger

RSS: 20's Finances

6:05 pm
May 24, 2012

Daisy

posts 271

I LOVE the community (not just the Yakezie community, though I do love it, but everyone!) and the connections it gives to others. Bloggers of a common topic have a common interest, so the friendships I make online is fantastic through blogging!

Daisy @ When Life Gives You Lemons, Add Vodka
http://add-vodka.com
Twitter: Add_vodka 
Email:
addvodka@gmail.com 

10:16 pm
May 24, 2012

FI Fighter

posts 53

Agree, love the community and having the opportunity to interact with other like minded individuals. Also, blogging provides an outlet for creative expression. The freedom to decide when, where, and what to work on is also nice, since most of us don't have that luxury in everyday, corporate life.

FI Fighter (Path to Early Financial Independence)

http://www.fifighter.com

Follow on twitter

https://twitter.com/FI_Fighter

4:00 am
May 25, 2012

Hank Coleman

North Carolina

posts 363

I started blogging to help people.  That's been the most rewarding part for me.

6:06 am
May 25, 2012

FamilyMoneyValues

posts 812

I just love to write and am thrilled to have a place to publish!

FamilyMoneyValues
Blog: http:blog.familymoneyvalues.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Family…..neyValues/  

7:18 am
May 25, 2012

AverageJoe

posts 259

I like the struggle of owning and operating a little start-up business. The writing/editing/marketing/networking is good for my ADD…..

8:28 am
May 25, 2012

Money Counselor

posts 233

I enjoy writing, but I think what keeps me energized and interested is learning from others about blogging, personal finance, monetizing, driving traffic, the Big G, etc. This 'business' was all new to me when I started in November, and it's been a lot of fun to try and learn what I need to know to be successful.

Make Better Money Decisions

Facebook  Twitter  Google+  RSS

kurt@mymoneycounselor.com

9:10 am
May 25, 2012

Finance Fox.ca

Toronto, Canada

posts 120

Glad to see everyone is enjoying blogging through the emphasis of relationship building, community connections and helping others. I'm certain that blogging has given all of us ample opportunities, whether it be to earn some money or discover your call for writing – that's the beauty of being a blogger.

Fox @ Finance Fox

10:25 am
May 25, 2012

jaicatalano

New York

posts 846

It's the chocolate chip cookies that I love about it. You see if I write a blog I congratulate myself in case nobody reads my stuff. I then buy a ccc to make it all worth while.

The relationships are great too but it would be better if each one of the bloggers I knew would send me a better ccc recipe. 

10:49 am
May 25, 2012

moneysmarts

posts 240

There are a lot of things I love about blogging.

1. helping people.

2. a creative outlet.

3. building relationships with other bloggers – cool bunch of folks who think a lot like me. :)

4. The money.  We're being honest, right? :)

11:21 am
May 26, 2012

Barbara Friedberg

posts 1302

Passionate about passing on my years of experience in personal finance. I really want to help others with financial literacy.

Of course, I'd like to up the income part, and am working on that too :)

5:09 pm
May 27, 2012

eemusings

posts 45

My take is probably a little different from everyone else's!

I write for a living, so blogging is not far off from what I spend my days doing professionally.

But my personal blog is an outlet for me to think things through, express my thoughts, hone my more creative writing and occasionally seek advice.

The community aspect is great and it's gratifying to see when my writing strikes a chord with others. Getting praise for a published profile/article/feature by either readers or fellow writers/editors in a professional sense is one thing; seeing others engage with a personal post that comes straight from the heart is something else entirely.

Musings of an Abstract Aucklander

Living for today, saving for tomorrow

Also @ Facebook | Twitter

8:16 pm
May 27, 2012

Call Me What You Want Even Cheap

Toronto, Canada

posts 121

Interacting with all you great people! I love meeting new people, talking about money, and helping people. I get to do all thode things through blogging. YEAH!!

Call Me What You Want, Even Cheap

Gaining Financial Independance One Cent At A Time

Twitter @ Evencheap

Email callmewhatyouwantevencheap@gmail.com

Website Call Me What You Want, Even Cheap

5:07 am
May 28, 2012

Finance Fox.ca

Toronto, Canada

posts 120

@Barb

You do have something special that a lot of us don't….years of experience in PF, and publishing/writing articles on well recognized outlets.

@Eemusings

I think being different in the sense is neat. You write full-time, and you have a blog, best of both worlds. I also think you touch upon a great point, getting praise on an article is one thing, getting feedback/engagement is another. Nothing beats a well written post with tons of comments.

Sounds like the majority of us have this in common:

i) We like writing

ii) Relationship building

iii) Money….ummm yeah! :)

(Thanks for being honest guys!!)

Fox @ Finance Fox

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)