You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

WooHoo! Minor Success! I have dropped below 500,000

UserPost

1:11 pm
June 22, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

Checked my Alexa ranking today and I'm now below 500,000! It hovered just over that amount for a few days and dropped to about 494,000 today. Things are MUCH slower ever since I dropped below 1,000,000. I Hope I'm on pace to hit 200,000 by the 6-month mark (I'm just over 1.5 months right now), but I guess it's slower and slower from here on out.

Thank you to every for all the tweets, comments and encouragement. I'm diggin' this blogging thing so far, and can't wait to be an official Yakezie member (hopefully) :)

4:18 pm
June 22, 2012

Edward Antrobus

Fort Collins, CO

posts 1008

Congrats. Those first milestones seem to fly by Yeah, the pace does start to slow down, but getting your rank down seems to be almost formulaic. Keep up the work and you will get there.

I'm looking for editors, beta-readers, and some demographic research for my upcoming novel, Once Upon a Saturn Moon. If you like reading soft sci-fi thrillers, maybe with a touch of romance thrown in, you can find more information at http://seampublishing.com/once…..aturn-moon

If You Can Read, You Can Cookhttp://www.ifyoucanread.com | Think you can't cook? If you can read this sentence, then you can.

SEAM Publishinghttp://www.seampublishing.com | eBook formatting and publishing service

6:40 am
June 23, 2012

Lance at Money Life and More

posts 160

Congrats! It does definitely start to slow down but one way how you can tell where you'll be is looking at your 1 month alexa rank. If you don't have 3 months under your belt yet your alexa should keep dropping toward your 1 month ranking until you get 3 months under your belt. Once you have 3 months it is going to drop even slower I think… just my two cents.

Visit my Blog: Money Life and More

Follow me on Twitter

Like my page on Facebook

5:23 am
June 25, 2012

bogofdebt

posts 116

Congrats! It did slow down for me.  I've been hovering near the 200k mark for a few weeks now.  Last I checked it was at 213,xxx (don't remember the last three numbers!) so it does get slower. I think you are doing excellent so keep up the great work!

Bogofdebt

Come visit my blog at: bogofdebt.wordpress.com

Twitter: bogofdebt

5:40 am
June 25, 2012

Call Me What You Want Even Cheap

Toronto, Canada

posts 121

Congrats! Just keep providing great content and it will keep dropping!

Call Me What You Want, Even Cheap

Gaining Financial Independance One Cent At A Time

Twitter @ Evencheap

Email callmewhatyouwantevencheap@gmail.com

Website Call Me What You Want, Even Cheap

2:34 pm
June 25, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

@ Edward: I've tried to stick to the 2.5 post schedule for now. It's honestly been tough with everything else going on, but I've managed to keep it up for 6 weeks or so. That, and commenting seems to keep the score dropping on down :)

@ Lance: My 1-month says 80% with a "up" arrow that's green. Is that good? I just hope I can hit 200k in the next few months to complete the challenge :)

@ BOD: Awwww, thanks :D. Can't wait to see you drop below 200k. You gunna have a party?

@ Even Cheap: I hope so!

2:39 pm
June 25, 2012

20s Finances

Admin

posts 1147

Jake, you'll be well below 200k by the 6 month mark… keep up the great work! Congrats on making it to 500k

Corey

20's Finances Passive Income to Retire

Follow Me on Twitter Like 20's Finances at Facebook

Subscribe to Email Updates

20sfinances *at* gmail *dot* com

4:15 pm
June 25, 2012

krantcents

posts 909

Congratulations!

krantcents  – Making Sense of Money

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/krantcents

Follow me onTwitter:  @krantcents

RSS feed: krantcents

5:04 pm
June 25, 2012

bogofdebt

posts 116

I will throw a party! It'll be awesome :) And I wouldn't worry about your Alexa ranking–like everyone else said, you will hit below the 200k mark with plenty of time.

Bogofdebt

Come visit my blog at: bogofdebt.wordpress.com

Twitter: bogofdebt

6:13 pm
June 25, 2012

Funancials

posts 345

Congrats! Keep it up and you'll drop below 200k in no time.

Name: Hunter (aka A. Blinkin)

twitter: @funancials

email: funancials@gmail.com

11:43 am
June 26, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

@ Corey: Thanks! I think I may try and go the entire month of July without checking it.

@ krantcents: Thanks!

@ bogofdebt: Take pictures!

@ Funancials: Thanks! It's a fun challenge so far, and definitely the best part about it is the community :)

12:04 pm
June 26, 2012

seedebtrun

posts 327

Congrats Jake..

You have one of my favorite new sites..

If you can stick with it–

Good things are in your future, without a doubt.

See Debt Run

Follow our journey back to financial sanity

Blog [ http://seedebtrun.com ]

Follow on Twitter [ @seedebtrun ]

Like on Facebook [ seedebtrun ]

4:59 pm
June 26, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

Thanks for the encouragement! I almost didn't post this morning, but I ended up writing an article from 11pm-12am last night! Keeping the 2.5 a week schedule is tough with everything I have going, but I love it!

I'm hoping for a site re-vamp soon, too, once I figure out a little more about HTML and get myself a flippin' logo already! Laugh

9:09 pm
June 26, 2012

Wayne

posts 125

Congrats Jake.

I know what you mean, 2.5 posts per weeks gets pretty difficult when you have a lot going on. Personally, I found a recent re-vamp of my site very refreshing. Writing for a site that I really like visually has increased my enjoyment.

J Wayne

VisualFin.com | Financial education through the use of visuals

RSS | Twitter | Facebook | Google+

6:52 am
June 27, 2012

Michelle (Making Sense of Cents)

posts 400

Congrats! you're doing great.

3:30 pm
June 27, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

@ JW: I think that might help as well. My site makes me feel like I'm staring at a painting in a therapists office where I'm talking about how kids used to pick on me causing an insecurity that in turn made me act out and then put on a fake face in life to make sure every liked me, and then talking about how rejection doesn't make me a lesser person, but actually can help build character and allow me to be proud of who I am, not who people want me to be……or something….

@ Michelle: Thanks! It humbles me to know you are all reading my blog :) I really appreciate the encouragement……because….you know….I need to make sure everyone likes me…. ;)

8:12 pm
June 27, 2012

belowhermeans

America!

posts 32

That is awesome! I love watching my Alexa ranking drop. It feels so gratifying.

@belowhermeans

Below Her Means

It's not how much you make. It's how much you keep.

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)