You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Help on my google ranking..

UserPost

7:20 am
August 23, 2011

Aaron Hung

posts 254

Does anybody have any tips on how I can optimize my SEO on my site so it goes up in google listing? What kinda keywords should I put in my description to make it better? I search "Aaronhung" and it's like at 7 spots right now.

Aaron Hung facebook which is not me, is on top. Just wanted some ideas on what I can do. Thanks :D

7:42 am
August 23, 2011

Derek@LifeAndMyFinances

posts 1298

Aaron, just keep writing and producing good content. Don't worry too much about your search engine positions from the beginning. You probably do want to get "All in One SEO" or some other Wordpress SEO plugin that's similar. It really helps a lot.

Derek @ Life And My Finances 

Twitter: http://twitter.com/LAMFinances

Email: derek@lifeandmyfinances.com

7:46 am
August 23, 2011

Mike – Saving Money Today

posts 520

Hi Aaron,

You just started your site this month, it takes time to get it indexed and ranked.  Just keep building quality content and get links back to your articles and the ranking will come.  It takes time and hard work though.

Also, think about what kind of terms you want to rank for.  I'm guessing "Aaron Hung" doesn't get a ton of searches so I wouldn't spend much time trying to rank for that.  It should happen naturally anyway as your site grows in authority.

8:41 am
August 23, 2011

MoneyIsTheRoot

posts 1456

As they said, it's all about building content…the more content you have, the more terms that are searchable back to your blog.

It took me a couple months to get more than 5-10 google visitors in a day…

As Derek was saying, All in One SEO Plugin is helpful

Member Blog:

Money Is The Root

Check me out on Facebook

Challenger Blogs:

Smart Wealth

12:43 pm
August 23, 2011

Aaron Hung

posts 254

I see.. thanks guys:D I'll just keep writing and see what happens. Also, what you said "get links back" you mean like asking other bloggers if they can put your site on their blogrolls? is that one way?

1:29 pm
August 23, 2011

MoneyIsTheRoot

posts 1456

Aaron… blogrolls, blog carnivals, blog swaps, etc.  Try and participate in as many blog carnivals as you can each week…I typically submit to 3 of them…it helps with your stats believe me!

Member Blog:

Money Is The Root

Check me out on Facebook

Challenger Blogs:

Smart Wealth

2:16 pm
August 23, 2011

Aaron Hung

posts 254

MoneyIsTheRoot said:

Aaron… blogrolls, blog carnivals, blog swaps, etc.  Try and participate in as many blog carnivals as you can each week…I typically submit to 3 of them…it helps with your stats believe me!

How often do you submit? and do they always get submited?

2:58 pm
August 23, 2011

Money Reasons

Admin

posts 697

aaronhung@ said:

MoneyIsTheRoot said:

How often do you submit? and do they always get submited?

Each carnival varies on what they take or don't take.  The Yakezie Carnival is a great place to start.

If you are interested, click Yakezie Carnival to enter a post.

6:52 pm
August 23, 2011

MoneyIsTheRoot

posts 1456

I submit to three carnivals a week, I usually submit to all three on Wednesday.   The Carnival of Personal Finance, Totally Money Carnival, and the Yakezie Carnival.

Not all of them accept your submission guaranteed , but they will usually accept you more often than not.  Its doesnt take too long to submit to all of them.  I can assist if youre interested, you can email me at justinweinger@aol.com

Member Blog:

Money Is The Root

Check me out on Facebook

Challenger Blogs:

Smart Wealth

5:56 am
August 24, 2011

Frugal Confessions

Houston, TX

posts 1622

Hi Aaron!

I have to admit, when bloggers email me asking for a link exchange and I have never heard of them or wouldn't normally follow them I just delete the email. People are open to it more in the forums because we are all apart of Yakezie, but I wouldn't email random bloggers and ask for a link exchange (just trying to steer you on a good path:)).

aaronhung@ said:

I see.. thanks guys:D I'll just keep writing and see what happens. Also, what you said "get links back" you mean like asking other bloggers if they can put your site on their blogrolls? is that one way?

Amanda L Grossman

Frugal Confessions

Frugal Confessions @ the Houston Chronicle

email: frugalconfessions@hotmail.com

6:35 am
August 24, 2011

Jackie

posts 664

Yup, just focus on writing on the topics you want to rank for, and it should come naturally. Also, in case you're seeing this here, when I go to your site it looks like it's been hijacked, as it forwards me other places.

MoneyCrush (Member Blog)
http://www.moneycrush.com • @moneycrush • Facebook

8:45 am
August 24, 2011

MyJourneytoMillions

posts 1012

A lot of people said it already but I will add – COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!It will get you noticed by other bloggers who may then provide natural links. 

Don't bother e-mailing established blogs asking them for a link it is a waste of your time as no one will do it…especially with only 6 posts here and 8 total blog posts

10:07 am
August 24, 2011

Suba @ Wealth Informatics

posts 1876

With more content and google will notice you more. During the initial days, the only thing that worked for me is to focus on getting more content and forgetting about promotion. Even if you promote a lot and bring visitors to your blog, they won't stay  or come back without a lot of content to impress them. At this point, (1) write, write and write more (2) Comment and (3) Submit to carnivals.

Here is a list of carnivals - http://brokeprofessionals.com/…..-when-how/

Visit me @ Wealth Informatics Financial freedom through information

Connect with me via Facebook Wealth Informatics page

Follow me with Twitter

Have a comment or want to say hello – wealth [dot] Informatics [at] gmail [dot] com

Editor @ Broke Professionals

12:28 pm
August 24, 2011

Aaron Hung

posts 254

So how many blog posts and contents would you say is enough to start worrying about traffic/monetize? I know the more the better but when you guys started out, when did you start seeing progress with traffic relative to your contents?

12:59 pm
August 24, 2011

MyJourneytoMillions

posts 1012

If you are doing it for money, quit now.  Blog because you love putting content out there and building something. 

There is another forum thread that talks about google monetization and time (took me 18 months to get my first check, but have received 300 – $600/month checks since)…seems most people are around the 6 month mark.

As far as other forms of monetization you need your PR to go up to sell text links.  Google could bump you up tomorrow or it could bump you up in 2.5 years from now. 

Blog because you love it – join the yakezie group because you want to help others grow

1:43 pm
August 24, 2011

Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter

posts 2213

Yes your blog is still really new and ranking takes a lot of time. Just do what the others have suggested: good content, lot of commenting, guest posting etc. It will come in time with that kind of effort. Then you just need to maintain it.

Miss T

"Helping you save money, go green, and have fun"

http://www.prairieecothrifter.com

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe to updates

Email me at prairieecothrifter[at]gmail[dot]com

7:57 am
August 25, 2011

Aaron Hung

posts 254

Thanks for the help and support guys Laugh I'll just keep chugging out quality articles…

8:29 am
August 25, 2011

MoneyIsTheRoot

posts 1456

MyJourneytoMillions said:

If you are doing it for money, quit now.  Blog because you love putting content out there and building something. 

There is another forum thread that talks about google monetization and time (took me 18 months to get my first check, but have received 300 – $600/month checks since)…seems most people are around the 6 month mark.

As far as other forms of monetization you need your PR to go up to sell text links.  Google could bump you up tomorrow or it could bump you up in 2.5 years from now. 

Blog because you love it – join the yakezie group because you want to help others grow

MJTM really does say it best.  Monetization came at the 6 month mark from me… and compared to my real world salary, blogging comes out to be pennies on the dollar so far…considering the 100 posts Ive written, and countless hours researching SEO amongst other things, and just participating in the forums.  If you dont love it, then the money certainly wont be rewarding enough anytime soon.  That being said, money will come eventually, but patience and hard work is key.  I LOVE that fact that I know 3000 people are going to read articles on my blog this month, and I love the recognition from my friends when they read it, and im proud everytime I get a glowing comment from a total stranger… they are many rewarding factors.

Member Blog:

Money Is The Root

Check me out on Facebook

Challenger Blogs:

Smart Wealth

12:31 pm
August 25, 2011

Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter

posts 2213

Well said MITR. We need to have an internal desire to blog that doesn't involve money. Like you said, it is pennies compared to our day jobs. Our passion has to come from somewhere else. Sure it might take a while to find that passion, but once you do, you will enjoy blogging so much more.

MoneyIsTheRoot said:

MyJourneytoMillions said:

MJTM really does say it best.  Monetization came at the 6 month mark from me… and compared to my real world salary, blogging comes out to be pennies on the dollar so far…considering the 100 posts Ive written, and countless hours researching SEO amongst other things, and just participating in the forums.  If you dont love it, then the money certainly wont be rewarding enough anytime soon.  That being said, money will come eventually, but patience and hard work is key.  I LOVE that fact that I know 3000 people are going to read articles on my blog this month, and I love the recognition from my friends when they read it, and im proud everytime I get a glowing comment from a total stranger… they are many rewarding factors.

Miss T

"Helping you save money, go green, and have fun"

http://www.prairieecothrifter.com

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe to updates

Email me at prairieecothrifter[at]gmail[dot]com

1:57 pm
August 25, 2011

Charles @ MoneyGreenLife

posts 318

One thing you can do is write a super good article. An article you're the proudest of. But also make sure the topic has relevent keywords you want to be optimized for. Then write more articles that's related to the same topic as your super article and create an internal link to it from your new articles. Keep doing it forever and ever. That's what I did for a few of my posts and they're the most trafficked posts now.

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)