You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

I'm stuck at 106,000 and change

UserPost

3:58 pm
May 31, 2011

Little House

posts 652

Help! I can't seem to get my Alexa ranking under 100,000. The moment my blog starts to head in that direction, I begin heading back the other way. I've been more active on forums, trying to include links where appropriate, and I'm trying to remember to tweet and share my posts more often.

Anyone have any ideas? I still write for Wise Bread about once a month and know I should probably increase my guest posting (time constraints lately have limited this involvement.) Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

Little House in the Valley

Saving with a Plan

and Bike Lane Living

email me: contact[at]littlehouseinthevalley[dot]com

4:40 pm
May 31, 2011

Glen Craig

posts 1087

Just remember Alexa is measuring mainly on toolbar use.  You can have a ton of traffic but it might not register with Alexa.  Keep doing what you are doing.

I stopped by and commented on your NYC bike lane article.  It's one visit towards your count but it all adds up!

4:44 pm
May 31, 2011

Little House

posts 652

Thanks, Craig!

Saving with a Plan

and Bike Lane Living

6:06 pm
May 31, 2011

Derek@LifeAndMyFinances

posts 1298

Keep participating here at the Yakezie forum for sure, but I was in your shoes about a month ago too! I decided to offer a free eBook for any subscriber. Plus, I just ran a promo for a $100 Amazon Gift Card. My Alexa rank went from 110,000 down to 90,000 in only a month. I'm now in the process of writing another eBook for more income as well as traffic.

Also, if you have a bunch of readers already (but they don't have the Alexa bar), share with them your goals and let them know that they can help by installing the Alexa bar! Generally, people love to help. And if they see you succeed, then that helps them believe that they can succeed. It's a win-win. :)

Derek @ Life And My Finances 

Twitter: http://twitter.com/LAMFinances

Email: derek@lifeandmyfinances.com

6:30 pm
May 31, 2011

Little House

posts 652

Thanks Derek for the idea of a gift card giveaway. That's a great idea. I do offer a free ebook, but maybe I need to promote it a bit more. Thanks for these ideas!

Saving with a Plan

and Bike Lane Living

7:48 pm
May 31, 2011

My Personal Finance Journey

posts 3159

I'm with ya on this one Little House. I've been bouncing around the lower 100k region for quite some time now. I'm thinking of trying some more giveaways soon! That sounds like an effective option.

Jacob @ My Personal Finance Journey

Visit me at My Personal Finance Journey

Email me jacob@mypersonalfinancejourney.com

Be my Facebook Friend, Follow my journey on Twitter

8:31 pm
May 31, 2011

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

I find that Yakezie community involvement works.  Those who have decided to check us out, regularly, and upon reminder that we're out there (via this forum).

We've hit about 85k-88k and no further success.  Becoming Content.

Visit us at Sustainable Personal Finance

Or Earth and Money

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and RSS!

11:01 am
June 1, 2011

Melissa (Mom's Plans)

posts 908

Have you been submitting your posts to carnivals?  That has helped me lower my Alexa (I think :))

My Member Site:  Mom's Plans

My Challenger Site:  Fiscal Phoenix

E-mail:  momsplans@yahoo.com

11:09 am
June 1, 2011

Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter

posts 2213

Everyone has given some great suggestions. I have been making a real effort to comment more on people's posts and that has been helping my rank but that may be because of the toolbar; I'm not sure.

If you like I could sponsor a giveaway to help get your readership up and mine as well. Let me know what you would like to do and we can discuss. 

Miss T

"Helping you save money, go green, and have fun"

http://www.prairieecothrifter.com

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe to updates

Email me at prairieecothrifter[at]gmail[dot]com

3:09 pm
June 1, 2011

Little House

posts 652

Melissa said:

Have you been submitting your posts to carnivals?  That has helped me lower my Alexa (I think :))

I've been trying to get better at that. It seems like when I have more time to submit, it does increase my visitors and ranking. I have a little more time now that I'm out of school to really bump this up! Thanks for the reminder!

Saving with a Plan

and Bike Lane Living

3:11 pm
June 1, 2011

Little House

posts 652

Miss T said:

Everyone has given some great suggestions. I have been making a real effort to comment more on people's posts and that has been helping my rank but that may be because of the toolbar; I'm not sure.

If you like I could sponsor a giveaway to help get your readership up and mine as well. Let me know what you would like to do and we can discuss. 

I'd love to do a sponsorship/giveaway. Maybe we can do a "going green" edition and give some items away on each other's site, like reusable bags, cups, or a gift card to Trader Joes? What do you think?

Saving with a Plan

and Bike Lane Living

12:13 pm
June 2, 2011

Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter

posts 2213

Sure. That sounds like a cool idea. Let's do it. Email me your thoughts on when, how much, items for giveaway etc. and we can discuss. 

Miss T

"Helping you save money, go green, and have fun"

http://www.prairieecothrifter.com

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe to updates

Email me at prairieecothrifter[at]gmail[dot]com

8:17 pm
June 2, 2011

everydaytips

Detroit Area

posts 455

I don't know if this is the right attitude or not, but I have stopped worrying about Alexa.  I was at 50k, dropped to 70k after having to take a little time off, and have not broken 70k in quite awhile. 

What is ironic is my traffic is much higher than it was back when I was at 50k, and my adsense is doing much better too.  So maybe the other positives help me not worry about Alexa.

Kris @ Everyday Tips and Thoughts

Visit me at Everyday Tips and Thoughts

Follow Me On Twitter: Edaytipsthought

Be My Facebook Friend: Everyday Tips

8:48 pm
June 2, 2011

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

everydaytips said:

I don't know if this is the right attitude or not, but I have stopped worrying about Alexa.  I was at 50k, dropped to 70k after having to take a little time off, and have not broken 70k in quite awhile. 

What is ironic is my traffic is much higher than it was back when I was at 50k, and my adsense is doing much better too.  So maybe the other positives help me not worry about Alexa.

Agreed.  The more you hang out here, the more people with the toolbar check you out (aside from your core readers).

@Littehouse and @MissT

We might be interested in this giveaway and I suggest we ask Jeff @ sustainablelifeblog too.

I don't have any "goods" to give away right now … but could do a paypal thing.

Visit us at Sustainable Personal Finance

Or Earth and Money

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and RSS!

12:07 am
June 3, 2011

Untemplater

posts 400

Hang in there!  We can do it!  I've been hovering around 127k the last several times I've checked.  I was doing good at not checking that often for a while which made the drops a surprise when I did happen to look, but have been checking too often lately.  I'm hoping things will go from crazy busy to just normal busy this summer so I can do a better job in the forums and across the network.  :)

Sydney at Untemplater

Blog: http://untemplater.com

Twitter: @untemplater  @syduntemplater

Facebook: Like Untemplater's Page  Friend Sydney

Work where you want…Live how you want…Be who you want to be

4:19 am
June 3, 2011

Barbara Friedberg

posts 1302

I try not to worry about Alexa too much (with varying success). My best advice is GUEST POSTING. Guest post at Yakezie, great for getting lots of publicity. I'll be over for another boost to your site. Remember, marathon, not sprint. If you're in it for the long haul, time on the blogosphere will do it's thing.

Little House said:

Help! I can't seem to get my Alexa ranking under 100,000. The moment my blog starts to head in that direction, I begin heading back the other way. I've been more active on forums, trying to include links where appropriate, and I'm trying to remember to tweet and share my posts more often.

Anyone have any ideas? I still write for Wise Bread about once a month and know I should probably increase my guest posting (time constraints lately have limited this involvement.) Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

June 3, 2011

Barbara Friedberg

posts 1302

I try not to worry about Alexa too much (with varying success). My best advice is GUEST POSTING. Guest post at Yakezie, great for getting lots of publicity. I'll be over for another boost to your site. Remember, marathon, not sprint. If you're in it for the long haul, time on the blogosphere will do it's thing.

Little House said:

June 3, 2011

Barbara Friedberg

posts 1302

Try guest posting at BFS, the uber blogger too :)

4:56 am
June 3, 2011

My Personal Finance Journey

posts 3159

Guest posting at Yakezie I think would be very beneficial as well for Alexa ranking, since most of the readers are bloggers, who also have the alexa toolbar installed.

Jacob @ My Personal Finance Journey

Visit me at My Personal Finance Journey

Email me jacob@mypersonalfinancejourney.com

Be my Facebook Friend, Follow my journey on Twitter

8:15 am
June 4, 2011

retireby40

USA

posts 1381

I quit worrying about Alexa. Smile

You should host more Carnival. That will bring in a lot of traffic with the Alexa toolbar. Hopefully some of that sticks.

retire by 40

Twitter: @retirebyforty

Facebook: Retire By 40 

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)