You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

New Blog Goals

UserPost

3:30 pm
February 11, 2013

ayoungpro

Lehi, UT

posts 184

I am trying to come up with some goals for my new blog and I'm not quite sure what is realistic. So far the only goal I have for sure is to post 2 or more times each week. I would like to make a goal that I will spend an hour each day networking with other bloggers (commenting here, reading and commenting on other blogs) as well. Can anyone help me with a realistic goal for page views on a new blog or suggest any other good goals for a new blog? Thanks!

3:50 pm
February 11, 2013

Pauline

posts 274

goals for what you put in are reasonable, but expecting much traffic from the start really depends on how much your work on the blog. I would do the writing/networking goals for a month, then look at traffic and try to set a traffic goal for the next month. From the first month I started networking seriously to the second, I had page views x5 and unique visitors x7.

Now January compared to December:

Pageviews x1.72

Unique visitors x1.57.

Pauline @ Reach Financial Independence

Yakezie Member Site: 

Reach Financial Independence 

Email:  tdmpauline *at* gmail *dot* com

I am also on Twitter and Facebook

3:56 pm
February 11, 2013

ayoungpro

Lehi, UT

posts 184

Thanks Pauline! It is good to see that networking pays off. Best of luck to you and thanks for the suggestions.

3:54 am
February 12, 2013

MoneyBeagle

posts 1466

Those are good goals.  Continue to use the Yakezie as part of your networking platform. It will certainly help.

Member Site: Money Beagle

Visit Money Beagle    -    Email    -    Twitter    -   Facebook    -  Google+

5:14 pm
February 14, 2013

CashRebel

Chicago

posts 23

What's the best way to get involved with Yakezie users?  Just post questions and poke around the forum?

8:12 am
February 16, 2013

20s Finances

Admin

posts 1147

@ayoungro, there are a number of goals that you could set as a new blogger, here are a few examples:

-Reach 200,000 or less with alexa (it doesn't mean that much, but it's a concrete number that will force you to interact with other bloggers) 

-Reach 5k pageviews in one month by the 6 month mark. I know it's possible to get more by this point, but this is a great target (IMHO)

You can also set goals for twitter/facebook/etc as they will be great sources of traffic.

@cashrebel, yes, that's exactly it. You can also comment on their blogs, engage in twitter conversations. The options are endless. The best approach is to build genuine friendships over time, like you would in any other situation. 

Corey

20's Finances Passive Income to Retire

Follow Me on Twitter Like 20's Finances at Facebook

Subscribe to Email Updates

20sfinances *at* gmail *dot* com

9:55 am
February 16, 2013

ayoungpro

Lehi, UT

posts 184

Thanks Corey, I will definitely add those to my list of goals!

5:52 am
February 20, 2013

finetunefinances

posts 33

Yeah that's awesome, keep up with the goals and they will come true!! 

Fine Tune Your Finances

From Zimbabwe to the UK, anyone can Fine Tune their finances

finetunefinances@gmail.com

@finetunefinance

4:21 pm
May 14, 2013

Martin

Colorado

posts 45

Corey,

Good tips. Thanks for the advice. My pageviews are at 3,542 (surprised, I thought it was around 1700).

As far as commenting and interacting with other bloggers how do you do it? Do you use any readers or via facebook or how you keep up with your little network? I was thinking to use Netvibes to have all RSS together, but I didn't like it much or also thru Facebook, but it is not satisfactory for me either and browsing thru x-amount of websites everyday to comment and interact is becoming a tedious work and my wife is getting mad at me that I sit behind the computer the every evening and even night. Visiting other websites, commenting, posting 2 – 3 posts a week, visiting other networks interact via social networks – I feel burned out sometimes.

What am I doing wrong?

Martin

"It isn't as important to buy as cheap as possible as it is to buy at the right time."

Jesse Livermore

Hellosuckers.net – a journey from a money losing sucker to a successful dividend investor

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)