You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

If you are below 200,000 Alexa rank, what has changed?

No Tags
UserPost

6:53 pm
January 6, 2011

Melissa (Mom's Plans)

posts 908

I am on the verge of dropping below 200,000 on Alexa.  I know this is the target for Yakezie members, so I just was wondering, those of you who have dropped below 200,000 (or even further), what has changed?  I ask this as an open question.  More comments, more financial opportunities, more followers, etc?  Just curious what it has been like for each of you.  Thanks!

My Member Site:  Mom's Plans

My Challenger Site:  Fiscal Phoenix

E-mail:  momsplans@yahoo.com

7:32 pm
January 6, 2011

Suba @ Wealth Informatics

posts 1876

I have asked the same question before and I was told it is more financial opportunities. I can't answer from personal experience because nothing changed for me. But that might be partly due to my own fault (I don't have an advertising page which I am in the process of adding). Hopefully more members will pitch in. I would be interested to hear too.

Visit me @ Wealth Informatics Financial freedom through information

Connect with me via Facebook Wealth Informatics page

Follow me with Twitter

Have a comment or want to say hello – wealth [dot] Informatics [at] gmail [dot] com

Editor @ Broke Professionals

7:39 pm
January 6, 2011

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

Post edited 7:40 pm – January 6, 2011 by Sustainable PF

We're getting close too (260k). We too would love to hear how the sub 200k helps us benefit.

We have no page rank having launched the blog in late November.

Our mozrank is icky (like 1.1 – the best I can determine).

Not many subscribers, still low number of unique visitors per day.

Other ranking systems are either slow to find us, slow to crawl to find us, or don't acknowledge us.

Hoping the Alexa rank, and inclusion on the Yakezie member list helps! (hoping to break 200k by whatever the deadline is in Feb to be approved).

Please tell us how the ranking helps folks who are doing well!

Cheers

edit: from what I gather, gaining access to the members forum provides opportunities and access to advertisors as well?

Visit us at Sustainable Personal Finance

Or Earth and Money

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and RSS!

7:52 pm
January 6, 2011

Buy Like Buffett

posts 1682

Not a whole lot changed for me at 200,000. I started getting more ad offers the closer that I get to 100,000.

Mark

Learn how to build wealth at Buy Like Buffett.

Learn about making money online at Mark Riddix dot com

Follow me on Twitter

7:53 pm
January 6, 2011

Suba @ Wealth Informatics

posts 1876

Post edited 7:54 pm – January 6, 2011 by Suba @ Wealth Informatics

SPF, Yes that is definitely true. There are ongoing advertising campaigns (where people who had the opportunity to work with an advertisor pitches the ad for other yakezie members too). People are awesome, negotiate a great rate for everyone and do a lot of the leg work. That is a great opportunity. I was just talking about my personal efforts and people contacting me personally.

Visit me @ Wealth Informatics Financial freedom through information

Connect with me via Facebook Wealth Informatics page

Follow me with Twitter

Have a comment or want to say hello – wealth [dot] Informatics [at] gmail [dot] com

Editor @ Broke Professionals

8:22 pm
January 6, 2011

Buy Like Buffett

posts 1682

Good point Suba. Private forum access opened doors to more ad income!

Mark

Learn how to build wealth at Buy Like Buffett.

Learn about making money online at Mark Riddix dot com

Follow me on Twitter

10:31 pm
January 6, 2011

retireby40

USA

posts 1381

Sustainable PF said:

We're getting close too (260k). We too would love to hear how the sub 200k helps us benefit.

We have no page rank having launched the blog in late November.

Our mozrank is icky (like 1.1 – the best I can determine).

Not many subscribers, still low number of unique visitors per day.

Other ranking systems are either slow to find us, slow to crawl to find us, or don't acknowledge us.

Hoping the Alexa rank, and inclusion on the Yakezie member list helps! (hoping to break 200k by whatever the deadline is in Feb to be approved).

Please tell us how the ranking helps folks who are doing well!

Cheers

edit: from what I gather, gaining access to the members forum provides opportunities and access to advertisors as well?

Keep working at it and don't get discouraged.

My MozRank was stuck at 0 or 1 for a long time too, but once it moved it moved pretty quick. It went up to 2 and then 4 in about 6 weeks.

retire by 40

Twitter: @retirebyforty

Facebook: Retire By 40 

6:57 am
January 7, 2011

Invest It Wisely

posts 2019

Not too many benefits for getting under 200,000 other than a feeling of accomplishment, but there are more direct benefits for becoming an official member of the Yakezie. ;)

mozRank / PR are more important for ad deals and things like that.

8:21 am
January 7, 2011

Khaleef @ KNS Financial

Fat Guy, Skinny Wallet

posts 3149

I'm currently under 50,000 and I still haven't seen any direct benefits. Like everyone said, the only benefit is access to the private forums here. It can be seen as a bargaining chip with advertisers, but my PR is 0, and Alexa doesn't really offset that in their minds.

Khaleef "Fat Guy" Crumbley

My Battle to Lose 100lbs and Pay off $100k in Debt:

http://fatguyskinnywallet.com

http://twitter.com/FGSW

http://www.facebook.com/fatguy…..innywallet

Personal Finance From A Biblical Perspective:

http://knsfinancial.com

http://www.facebook.com/knsfinancial

http://twitter.com/knsfinancial

8:33 am
January 7, 2011

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

retireby40 said:

Keep working at it and don't get discouraged.

My MozRank was stuck at 0 or 1 for a long time too, but once it moved it moved pretty quick. It went up to 2 and then 4 in about 6 weeks.

according to websitegrader.com our mozRank is now 4.  Dang – good news!

Or Earth and Money

8:50 am
January 7, 2011

Budgeting in the Fun Stuff

posts 3048

#1 Benefit:  Yakezie Private Forums

#2 Benefit:  Great stat for advertisers.

That's it.  I cannot think of any other way Alexa helps much.  I started getting more advertiser emails on my decline from 175,000 to 50,000, but I think that was because I was rated so well on Top 100 Personal Finance Blog List…once they changed it away from Alexa, I lost most of those quick references.  Alexa is a stat for ranking lists and the way in to the inner Yakezie – that's why it matters in my book.  :-)

Crystal

Yakezie Member Site: 

Ebook:  How I Make Money Blogging:
The Beginner's Guide to Building a Money-Making Site

Email:  budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail *dot* com

You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook

7:04 pm
January 8, 2011

everydaytips

Detroit Area

posts 455

I am with BFS – I think that being in the Wisebread top 100 opened up advertising doors for me.  Now that they use Compete.com as a part of the equation (which is incredibly inaccurate), my rating dropped, as did my offers for advertising.

I have pushed MozRank, as have many others.  However, advertisers are generally clueless, and they laugh at me when I won't advertise for peanuts because my page rank is 0. 

Just like everyone else said, having access to the private forums is great.

Kris @ Everyday Tips and Thoughts

Visit me at Everyday Tips and Thoughts

Follow Me On Twitter: Edaytipsthought

Be My Facebook Friend: Everyday Tips

7:12 pm
January 8, 2011

Melissa (Mom's Plans)

posts 908

How exactly is the Page Rank work?  Mine was 2, but right before I switched from Blogger to Word Press in October, it dropped to 0 and has never rebounded.

My Member Site:  Mom's Plans

My Challenger Site:  Fiscal Phoenix

E-mail:  momsplans@yahoo.com

8:43 pm
January 8, 2011

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

Melissa said:

How exactly is the Page Rank work?  Mine was 2, but right before I switched from Blogger to Word Press in October, it dropped to 0 and has never rebounded.

Yakezie has been working to open the discussion on why PR is, ahem, USELESS.

Google last updated their PR in March of 2010!  There is no planned time for them to update it again.

That being said, those of us who had a low (or no! — US) PR, we're penalized by advertisers who thing the PR is the be all end all of how to determine our advertising "worth".

mozRank is the new king.  But companies haven't quite figured this out as Google is the dominant … well, everything.

Since you changed your platform, you lost the PR, which sucks. 

We have a mozRank of 4 and PR of 0 – we starting Nov 20th.

Or Earth and Money

10:11 pm
January 8, 2011

posts 3048

For anybody who wants to know what MozRank is and why PR is dead, check out http://www.budgetinginthefunst…..ng-system/.  At the bottom is the link to the other bloggers (Yakezie and non-Yakezie) that posted their Moz vs PR articles too.  :-)

Crystal

Yakezie Member Site: 

Ebook:  How I Make Money Blogging:
The Beginner's Guide to Building a Money-Making Site

Email:  budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail *dot* com

You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook

7:17 am
January 9, 2011

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

thanks Crystal – given I just babbled about it I should like do a post!

Or Earth and Money

6:35 pm
January 9, 2011

Khaleef @ KNS Financial

Fat Guy, Skinny Wallet

posts 3149

Sustainable PF said:

thanks Crystal – given I just babbled about it I should like do a post!

Please do, we need the help to get the word out. When/if you do, post the link in the forums so I can link to it.

Khaleef "Fat Guy" Crumbley

My Battle to Lose 100lbs and Pay off $100k in Debt:

http://fatguyskinnywallet.com

http://twitter.com/FGSW

http://www.facebook.com/fatguy…..innywallet

Personal Finance From A Biblical Perspective:

http://knsfinancial.com

http://www.facebook.com/knsfinancial

http://twitter.com/knsfinancial

7:21 am
January 10, 2011

Charles @ MoneyGreenLife

posts 318

i've been under 200k for a few weeks now and really haven't seen much different. 200k i believe is just a personal milestone. it doesn't mean you will automatically receive more ad offers or more unique visitors by simply reaching the milestone. But i'm sure if you keep working at it, you will naturally see the fruits of your labor in time…just not immediately.

10:03 am
January 10, 2011

Squirrelers

posts 986

The best benefit is a chance to be a part of Yakezie and the private forums here. Other than that, I can't say that there was any big benefit to dropping under 200k that was highly noticeable at the moment or soon after.

However, it is a nice accomplishment that indicates your blog is gaining popularity, and is certainly a nice milestone to be happy about for that reason. My blog is now in the 110,000 Alexa range, and I'm getting a few more guest post inquiries. If nothing else, it's one more measure that can give leverage with potential advertisers.

Ray

Member Site: Squirrelers

Challenger Site: Tie the Money Knot

Email: admin@squirrelers.com

7:02 am
January 11, 2011

Barbara Friedberg

posts 1302

Yakezie has given me the most financial, traffic, and networking opportunities. My ALEX is now under 100,000K. Since my goal is a long term one, I'm less concerned with the short term results and more focused on growing my blog into an important personal finance resource that will endure. The better my ranking is, the more others value what I have to say and want to engage with me. These are all very valuable in building a brand.

No Tags

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)