Anybody who says, “A blog is not a business” most certainly does not have a very lucrative blog. I firmly believe that having a blog is one of the greatest businesses in the world for a variety of reasons.
But before I get into why a blog is a terrific business, I want to first highlight what people think about when people refer to businesses. Here are some examples:
* A clothing store. Super low margin business due to rent, manpower, and cost of good sold.
* A barber shop. An unscalable business that is also low margin due to rent and manpower.
* An auto body shop. For the amount they charge to fix a dent, this should be a massively profitable business. But due to PP&E, rent, and labor costs, the business isn’t as lucrative as you might think. There are also health hazards to deal with due to the paint.
* A roofing company. A very low margin business that’s dangerous and labor intensive. Not scaleable and not sustainable on your own.
* A software business. A fantastic, high margin business that can produce recurring revenue through new releases.
* A drop shipping business online. A nice business that doesn’t hold inventory. Read More