You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

If you are below 200,000 Alexa rank, what has changed?

No Tags
UserPost

7:31 pm
January 14, 2011

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

A few actually Crystal.

The biggest mention was Million Dollar Journey by a landslide.  It was a silly article TBH – just 3 tips to air seal your home, but we got over 100 hits from being included.  Frugal Trader has been a good mentor for me when I approach him w/ questions.  I sent a nice appreciation thank you to him for including us.  He has over 12,000 RSS subscribers so some of them checked us out.

After that Free Money Finance mentioned my including them in the Carnival of PF (flexo asked for help early in Jan and I took up the gauntlet).  Free From Broke sent some our way as well.

Lastly, there was a post exchange organized by Eric @ Narrow Bridge where we all post about the best financial advice we ever got.  I got paired with Mom's Plans and a some of her readers came to our site to read her article: Treat the Family Budget Like a Business.

Our article: Mom Knows Best was featured on her site.  It's a personal tale which exposes my upbringing quite a bit … but I thought it fit her site well.

It was our most successful day in terms of visitors and views.  0 ad clicks hehe, and not sure we got any subscribers, and virtually no comments, but nonetheless it was very exciting to see our previous highs surpassed by noon EST!

Visit us at Sustainable Personal Finance

Or Earth and Money

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and RSS!

7:37 pm
January 14, 2011

Budgeting in the Fun Stuff

posts 3048

It's a cool feeling, isn't it?  My biggest days ever have been 400-500 and were because of mention at Frugal Dad, lol.  Thanks Frugal Dad!

Crystal

Yakezie Member Site: 

Ebook:  How I Make Money Blogging:
The Beginner's Guide to Building a Money-Making Site

Email:  budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail *dot* com

You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook

7:39 pm
January 14, 2011

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

Yea, it is a cool feeling!

The thing i'm interested in now is whether or not we get under 200k by the end of Saturday!  That's our 8 week mark …

We're at 205,989 right now … and the lower you get the smaller the gains.  Here's hoping we meet our goal, but if not, by next week we will.  But it sure would be nice to get there! (so feel free to check us out tonight or Saturday! ;) )

Or Earth and Money

7:42 pm
January 14, 2011

posts 3048

Sustainable PF said:

Yea, it is a cool feeling!

The thing i'm interested in now is whether or not we get under 200k by the end of Saturday!  That's our 8 week mark …

We're at 205,989 right now … and the lower you get the smaller the gains.  Here's hoping we meet our goal, but if not, by next week we will.  But it sure would be nice to get there! (so feel free to check us out tonight or Saturday! ;) )

Already checked in my time for today.  :-)

Crystal

Yakezie Member Site: 

Ebook:  How I Make Money Blogging:
The Beginner's Guide to Building a Money-Making Site

Email:  budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail *dot* com

You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook

9:25 pm
January 14, 2011

Khaleef @ KNS Financial

Fat Guy, Skinny Wallet

posts 3149

Sustainable PF said:

A few actually Crystal.

The biggest mention was Million Dollar Journey by a landslide.  It was a silly article TBH – just 3 tips to air seal your home, but we got over 100 hits from being included.  Frugal Trader has been a good mentor for me when I approach him w/ questions.  I sent a nice appreciation thank you to him for including us.  He has over 12,000 RSS subscribers so some of them checked us out.

After that Free Money Finance mentioned my including them in the Carnival of PF (flexo asked for help early in Jan and I took up the gauntlet).  Free From Broke sent some our way as well.

Lastly, there was a post exchange organized by Eric @ Narrow Bridge where we all post about the best financial advice we ever got.  I got paired with Mom's Plans and a some of her readers came to our site to read her article: Treat the Family Budget Like a Business.

Our article: Mom Knows Best was featured on her site.  It's a personal tale which exposes my upbringing quite a bit … but I thought it fit her site well.

It was our most successful day in terms of visitors and views.  0 ad clicks hehe, and not sure we got any subscribers, and virtually no comments, but nonetheless it was very exciting to see our previous highs surpassed by noon EST!

That's really cool. I really appreciate when other writers are able to convince their readers to come check out my site. I love the fact that even though we are doing the same basic thing, everyone is willing to help out – rather than seeing each other as competition!

Khaleef "Fat Guy" Crumbley

My Battle to Lose 100lbs and Pay off $100k in Debt:

http://fatguyskinnywallet.com

http://twitter.com/FGSW

http://www.facebook.com/fatguy…..innywallet

Personal Finance From A Biblical Perspective:

http://knsfinancial.com

http://www.facebook.com/knsfinancial

http://twitter.com/knsfinancial

7:19 pm
January 15, 2011

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

Not sure when Alexa updates, but we're considering whatever results we end up with AFTER today to be our 8 week mark.

Alexa is 201,750 right now.  Had another great day in terms of visitors.

Hopefully i'll wake up tmrw and be able to let you all know we met our own version of the Yakezie challenge – 8 weeks to 200k.

Or Earth and Money

No Tags

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)