You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

1 Minute to Read Guide in Order to Improve Your Ranking With the Big G

UserPost

1:18 pm
January 11, 2011

The Financial Blogger

posts 429

Hey Guys

I hope you had a
great Holiday season and I want to wish you Happy New Year! Health and Wealth for
2011!

I am currently working on 2 great projects
lately: 2 niche websites. As I previously mentioned in my 5
blogging goals of 2011
, I want to create 10 niche websites this year.

The main goal is
to create 10 small static websites (e.g. you write about 20-25 articles and you
leave the content as is) that generate about $100/month each (so my online
income would grow by $1000). I want to give you specific insight information on
those niche websites throughout both my newsletter and my main blog; The Financial Blogger. If I can
succeed in building those websites, you
can do the same thing
and create yourself some serious passive income, don’t
you think?

So if I want to
create 10 niche websites this year, I better organize my time in order to be
very efficient. One key point while creating niche websites is your keyword
optimization. You want to make sure to write key rich content in order to get
search engine traffic. What I want to discuss today is some easy and fast SEO tips to apply on any
articles.

I know we are all
pretty busy and this is why I thought of building a 1 minute to read guide in order to improve your ranking with the big G:

I won't discuss
how to select your keyword today, but here's what you need to do when you have
your keyword in mind:

#1 Mention the keyword selected in your title (edit your permalink to
reflect the main keyword and cut unnecessary words)

#2 Include your keyword the first
paragraph of your post
(if you can include it in a bold phrase, it would be
even better, google bots love it!)

#3 Include your keyword in most of your
subtitles
(example: if your keyword is first
mortgage
, your subtitles could be

"the first step toward your first mortgage"

"what
to do before applying for your first mortgage"

"what
to be careful with your first mortgage"

"final
thoughts on getting your first mortgage"

#4 Your subtitles must be in <h2> or
<h1>tags
(just go in html version of your
post and write <h2>your subtitle </h2> (this shows google
bots what is important in your site (e.g. keyword you want to rank for))

#5 When adding a picture, add the keyword
or keyphrase in the "alt text" section
(right below the name of
the picture when you load it in Wordpress). This allows you to plug one more
time your keyword. It may brings you some additional picture search traffic as
well.

#6 Link back to the other posts of your archive using previous keyword as
anchor text
(word including the link). So instead of writing "you will find more info here"  with
the word "here" as anchor text, you write something like "I've previously written about getting your first mortgage" with the words "first
mortgage" as anchor text.

If you want a
practical example of those rules, I suggest you read the following article and
find which keywords I wanted to rank for. Then, type those keywords in Google.ca
to see if I have succeeded ;-):

http://www.thedividendguyblog……survivors/

I hope this was
helpful! If you have specific questions
on my business on how to create a passive source of income, please send me an
email and I’ll answer your question!

I'm also offering those kind of tips and more in my newsletter (on http://www.thefinancialblogger.com)

Cheers,

Mike

2:12 pm
January 11, 2011

growrichsimply

posts 16

Interesting idea. Can you link to a "niche" site like you're discussing, I'd love to see exactly what you're talking about. And how do you come up with the $100/month figure — just adsense and affiliate links, right? I'd imagine that it would be difficult to find marketers otherwise since you're not going to be updating the site consistently.

Blogging at: http://www.growrichsimply.com

Twittering at: http://www.twitter.com/growrichsimply (and yes, I follow back!)

Email me at: growrichsimply@gmail.com

2:51 pm
January 11, 2011

Buy Like Buffett

posts 1682

Good tips. i have spent the last 6 months reading up on SEO. I had no clue as to any of these things before last summer

Mark

Learn how to build wealth at Buy Like Buffett.

Learn about making money online at Mark Riddix dot com

Follow me on Twitter

4:16 pm
January 11, 2011

Derek@LifeAndMyFinances

posts 1298

Good tips! I only have one website now, but I was thinking about setting up some niche sites this year. I will have to remember these tips for when I do! Thanks!

Derek @ Life And My Finances 

Twitter: http://twitter.com/LAMFinances

Email: derek@lifeandmyfinances.com

6:08 pm
January 11, 2011

The Financial Blogger

posts 429

growrichsimply said:

Interesting idea. Can you link to a "niche" site like you're discussing, I'd love to see exactly what you're talking about. And how do you come up with the $100/month figure — just adsense and affiliate links, right? I'd imagine that it would be difficult to find marketers otherwise since you're not going to be updating the site consistently.

I'm still working on my site but I surely do it through one of my newsletter ;-)

6:28 pm
January 11, 2011

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

Responded to the newsletter as per instructions to reply via email.  When can I expect to hear back on my 4 Qs?

Cheers

Visit us at Sustainable Personal Finance

Or Earth and Money

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and RSS!

6:45 pm
January 11, 2011

The Financial Blogger

posts 429

Sustainable PF said:

Responded to the newsletter as per instructions to reply via email.  When can I expect to hear back on my 4 Qs?

Cheers

how about now? ;-)

7:42 pm
January 11, 2011

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

The Financial Blogger said:

Sustainable PF said:

Cheers

how about now? ;-)

Thanks!

Visit us at Sustainable Personal Finance

Or Earth and Money

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and RSS!

9:44 am
January 13, 2011

My Personal Finance Journey

posts 3159

Great tips! I wasn't aware of the importance of the <h2> html tags! Thanks again!

Jacob @ My Personal Finance Journey

Visit me at My Personal Finance Journey

Email me jacob@mypersonalfinancejourney.com

Be my Facebook Friend, Follow my journey on Twitter

12:40 pm
January 13, 2011

Sandy @ yesiamcheap

New York, NY

posts 802

Post edited 12:45 pm – January 13, 2011 by sandy@yesiamcheap

Great points. I am working on two niche sites at the moment.  The suggestions regarding alt text on images is a huge one since much of my Google traffic is from people searching images that then pop into the site.  Also, the hot linking with key words everyone should do.  My niche sites are not complete but have earned me $5 since registering the domains in December. I don't mind sharing.  One is howtokillbedbugsnow.com and the other is mytenantfromhell.com.  :) 

Another decent tip is getting your key word in your URL if possible. I chose one of my niche sites based on a really popular series of posts on my current site.  Right now a post that I have on my tenant from hell ranks on the first page of Google for that search term, so I took advantage of people searching for that phrase to build the niche site.  As I said, I'm still working on them. 

I'm digging my way out of some serious debt at

http://www.yesiamcheap.com.

12:56 pm
January 13, 2011

ShoeboxedAffiliates

posts 5

These are fantastic tips! Thanks. 

Atif Mahmood

Marketing Manager

Office: 888-369-4269

http://www.shoeboxed.com/affiliates

2:14 pm
January 14, 2011

debtfreedivas

posts 121

Wow. There was a lot of information that I hadn't even considered. So much to learn!!! Thanks for the insight.

3:19 pm
March 2, 2011

Eliza Cross

posts 164

I just read this article and discovered several mistakes I've been making – like using the phrase "click here" instead of linking to key words or phrases. Thanks so much for sharing your insights!

Visit my site at Happy Simple Living

Let's connect on Facebook, Twitter and Google+

Also at BENSA, my fun site for bacon lovers!

5:29 pm
March 2, 2011

The Single Saver

posts 689

The Financial Blogger, I love you… will you marry me!!!  LOL!

Seriously, thank you for a great post that is written in easy to understand terms.  I can't wait to read more of these posts from you. 

The Single (and Small Family) Saver

Offering practical, money-saving advice in a fun and interactive format.

5:43 pm
March 2, 2011

Kevin McKee

posts 151

I just want to add myself to the list of people who have been doing it wrong since I really didn't know what I was doing. Thanks for the tips; this should help drive search traffic to Yakezie members!

I wanna be a Thousandaire so freaking bad!

@kevin_is_money

1:43 am
March 4, 2011

fptguy

Colorado

posts 21

Nice stuff about keyword optimization, internal linking and onpage optimization.

However site age also plays into stuff too, bigtime.  From what I understand for Big G to trust a site it needs to be 1 year or older, though I'm sure that depends on the kinds of links that you get too.

So I think that if sites are in the same niche, better to have one more comprehensive site in that niche with more posts, and pick another niche to start another.  As your sites age, you just keep targeting new keywords and optimizing posts on that site in your niche, because the authority gets better and better for you.

Key of course is great content in combo with great SEO to maximize value to readers and your profits.  Can everybody say win-win? :)

FPT Guy

Financial Planning Tips

Twitter: @fptguy

9:57 am
March 6, 2011

The Single Saver

posts 689

I started utilizing some of the tips from this post and I am already seeing an improvement in my search engine traffic.  Simply amazing!  Specifically, there is one set of search terms that I thought were key to getting quality traffic to my site – "money saving tips for singles."  Prior to these tips, my site didn't even show up in the first 15 pages of that search (and after that I got tired of looking).  Now I am on page 1 and above the fold.  I can not thank you enough.

The Single (and Small Family) Saver

Offering practical, money-saving advice in a fun and interactive format.

10:22 am
March 6, 2011

Sunil from The Extra Money Blog

posts 362

the idea of generating niche websites is  a good one and one that i have been doing for a few years now. i  currently have multiple websites, and have sold many in the past.  many of you have asked for specific links to niche websites. here are a few that you can look and evaluate:

http://www.dubai-information-site.com/ - 7 streams

http://rotator-cuff-therapy-ex…..cises.com/ - 4 streams, 2 in the works

http://bamboo-plant-care.com/ - 1 stream, 4 in the works

http://www.sue-the-airline.com/ - 2 streams, none in the works

i would have disclosed the others but those are highly profitable niches that don't have much competition.  i am sure you can understand my reasons to protect the word from spreading like wildfire.

you will notice that each website makes revenues in different ways, up to 7 streams of income from one website alone.  these can be extremely profitable if optimized and marketed well. traffic only increases with time, and revenus are directly proportional to traffic when it comes to an online business.

here are some of the ways my websites generate income for me:

1 – public ads, i.e. google adsense , chitika and the likes

2 – private ads, either i solicit them or they reach out to me

3 – affiliate products and services

4 – referral/lead generation

5 – ebooks, both affiliate and self created (through third parties)

6 – DVDs, both affiliate and self created (through third parties)

7 – audio products, both affiliate and self created (through third parties)

8 – sale of websites.

if you can establish a profitable website on relative auto piliot, you can sell it for a healthy earnings multiple. it's like selling any income producing asset. i recently sold a niche content website that was earning $800 per month for just under $30,000. 800 per mo is 9,600 per year, thus an annual earnings multiple of 3 (28,800 divided by 9,600)

in addition, i make a good chunk consulting serious individuals as well as small companies on SEO / building and establishing e-commerce websites 

over 75% of traffic on average on each one of these comes from free organic search results, hence the SEO. as a result, many doors are automatically opened for you.

this has been one of the best ways i have been able to develop multiple streams of passive income. it is one of my most favorite topics and one that i talk about frequently on my blog. i have also written a comprehensive free report that walks through the entire process.  i am contemplating releasing a video on the topic soon to upload to youtube. i will make sure i come back to update the group on its progress as it develops.

The Extra Money Blog– Expedited Wealth Building Through Multiple Streams of Active & Passive Income (Entrepreneurship, Internet Marketing, Personal Finance)

4:00 pm
March 6, 2011

Invest It Wisely

posts 2019

Very interesting, especially Sunil's points!

6:53 pm
March 6, 2011

Sunil from The Extra Money Blog

posts 362

Kevin thank you.

Loved your recent post on Korea just a week or so ago.

The Extra Money Blog– Expedited Wealth Building Through Multiple Streams of Active & Passive Income (Entrepreneurship, Internet Marketing, Personal Finance)

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)