You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Google $100 Adsense Offer — anyone have experience?

UserPost

11:30 am
August 28, 2012

TB at BlueCollarWorkman

USA

posts 81

Google has bothered me twice now to try out an adsense offer. The offer is for me to set up an ad for my website, and they'll give me $100 in free advertising. They say my ad will appear on google search pages for when people are searching for services or information similar to mine. I'm interested to know if anyone else has gotten this Google adsense offer, and if so, how did it go? Did you get more traffic or see no change? Was the $100 in free advertising, really free? Even though they say no obligation or committment — is that actually true? Curious if anyone has tried this offer out and what it did for their traffic!

11:49 am
August 28, 2012

KyleAAA

Atlanta, GA

posts 75

Well it's for adwords, so you are guaranteed traffic. You pay per click until your credit runs out. Running adwords campaigns is as much an art as it is a science. You aren't going to see sustained traffic increases: just until your money runs out.

Yes, it's no obligation and no commitment. There is no reason not to use it. It's $100 worth of free traffic, at worst.

Blog: Amateur Asset Allocator

Twitter: KyleAAA

Facebook: AAA@Facebook

3:48 pm
August 28, 2012

Edward Antrobus

Fort Collins, CO

posts 1008

I've gotten that offer twice actually, the second time for an account that wasn't mine per-se but that I was given carte-blanche to operate.

Google has a vested interest in getting new users hooked on AdWords so they will buy more advertising. This interest is so strong that if you sign up for AdWords and then don't use it within a week or two, they will offer you the $100 credit to get you started.

If you have no interest in paying for advertising after the credit is used, simply set it up billing so that you have to pay before advertising and then don't enter any payment information besides the code for your credit.

You will get traffic, how much and how good it is depends on how good your ad is and how well it matches the keywords you want to advertise for. A word of warning, $100 goes by REALLY fast. I set up a budget both times, but I could easily imagine blowing the whole thing in a day.

I'm looking for editors, beta-readers, and some demographic research for my upcoming novel, Once Upon a Saturn Moon. If you like reading soft sci-fi thrillers, maybe with a touch of romance thrown in, you can find more information at http://seampublishing.com/once…..aturn-moon

If You Can Read, You Can Cookhttp://www.ifyoucanread.com | Think you can't cook? If you can read this sentence, then you can.

SEAM Publishinghttp://www.seampublishing.com | eBook formatting and publishing service

5:37 am
August 29, 2012

TB at BlueCollarWorkman

USA

posts 81

KyleAAA said:

You aren't going to see sustained traffic increases: just until your money runs out.

THanks for this — it's a good point. I had a big bump in traffic once from a post that got a lot of Reddit hits; but after a day or two, its was over and my traffic was back to normal. Sounds like the same deal here!

5:38 am
August 29, 2012

TB at BlueCollarWorkman

USA

posts 81

Edward Antrobus said:

"A word of warning, $100 goes by REALLY fast. I set up a budget both times, but I could easily imagine blowing the whole thing in a day."

Warning noted, thanks Edward! I think I'll give it a try and just be sure that when the $100 is up, it's up!

6:28 am
August 29, 2012

TightFistedMiser

posts 361

They sent me this offer a couple of times.  The first time I used it with no problems.  The second time they decided my site was a bridge site and froze my ads.  My site doesn't come close to fitting the definition of a bridge site, but even after I appealed they insisted it was a bridge site.  Most of that credit expired unused.  Google made sure I won't be an adwords customer.

7:27 am
August 29, 2012

Jennifer Lynn

posts 100

Yikes, and here I always threw these offers out. They were actually good for something? Oops..

Broke-Ass Mommy

…first-time Mommy with a passion for saving, personal finance and investing

Twitter: [ @JennaL ]

9:20 am
August 29, 2012

WorkSaveLive

posts 187

I threw out the first offer I got a few months ago because I thought there would be a catch, but the 2nd time they sent it I used it without a problem! I set my budget at $10/day (because it will go over that a little) and I still have $40 credit remaining.

When I first entered the code the credit didn't initially show up but after a day it did. Give it a try TB! You've got nothing to lose.

Follow me on Twitter @WorkSaveLive
Facebook: WorkSaveLive

11:11 am
August 29, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

Gah! I threw this offer out too. I'll use the next one (if it ever comes!). Thanks for the info.

1:49 pm
August 29, 2012

TB at BlueCollarWorkman

USA

posts 81

I definitely will now, it sounds like I have almost nothing to lose! Thanks for the suggested $/day too, that helps.

WorkSaveLive said:

I threw out the first offer I got a few months ago because I thought there would be a catch, but the 2nd time they sent it I used it without a problem! I set my budget at $10/day (because it will go over that a little) and I still have $40 credit remaining.

When I first entered the code the credit didn't initially show up but after a day it did. Give it a try TB! You've got nothing to lose.

1:53 pm
August 29, 2012

Club Thrifty

posts 251

Wow, I actually just got this offer again today.  Maybe I should go fish it out of the recycling bin!

12:22 pm
September 18, 2012

TB at BlueCollarWorkman

USA

posts 81

I went ahead and tried it. I set the payments to "manual" so that they wouldn't start charging my credit card or bank account money after the free trial was over, and I set it to $3/day maximum becuase I thought 1 month of a traffic spike sounded good (at $3/day set limit, it should take a month to blow through the free $100 trial offer). And it's been working great. Setting up the ad using their program was pretty easy and I"ve been getting some traffic every day from it (but with only $3/day set up it hasn't been a huge spike, just moderately more visitors a day). When the free trial money ends I won't continue though, only because I don't want to pay. But I"m glad I tried it, free site traffic for a month, can't lose on that. 

12:55 pm
September 18, 2012

michael @ financial ramblings

posts 196

If you could create a sufficiently compelling landing page you might be able to use this to pick up a few extra subscribers.

Financial Ramblings :: Follow on Twitter :: Like on Facebook :: Subscribe via RSS

I've got money on my mind…

4:00 am
September 19, 2012

Cash Flow Your College

posts 12

All good info to know. I have an offer for $100 Google AdWords. I'll probably use it once I get the rest of my pages up and running to increase traffic. Thanks for asking the question so the rest of us can learn along with you.

Cash Flow Your College

Knowledge in Your Head without Being in the Red

Facebook * Twitter

1:59 pm
September 20, 2012

Club Thrifty

posts 251

Thanks for reminding me to set this up! The offer expires soon:)

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)