You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

How Long Did it Take you to Reach $100 on Google Adsense

No Tags
UserPost

5:22 am
June 11, 2012

Frugal Confessions

Houston, TX

posts 1622

No worries on Adsense. It took me probably 8 months for my first payout. Now, I earn an average of over a dollar a day. I do not do SEO, so perhaps I could have earned more quickly. I just think it takes time. I have been bloghing for over three years now.

Amanda L Grossman

Frugal Confessions

Frugal Confessions @ the Houston Chronicle

email: frugalconfessions@hotmail.com

5:22 am
June 11, 2012

Frugal Confessions

Houston, TX

posts 1622

No worries on Adsense. It took me probably 8 months for my first payout. Now, I earn an average of over a dollar a day. I do not do SEO, so perhaps I could have earned more quickly. I just think it takes time. I have been bloghing for over three years now.

Amanda L Grossman

Frugal Confessions

Frugal Confessions @ the Houston Chronicle

email: frugalconfessions@hotmail.com

5:52 am
June 11, 2012

seedebtrun

posts 327

We are going to hit our 6 month anniversary this summer..

We are nowhere near $100 on ad-sense yet,  but getting pinged by advertisers for sponsored posts and like pretty regularly.

See Debt Run

Follow our journey back to financial sanity

Blog [ http://seedebtrun.com ]

Follow on Twitter [ @seedebtrun ]

Like on Facebook [ seedebtrun ]

7:41 am
June 12, 2012

Lena Gott

United States

posts 252

Post edited 8:36 am – June 12, 2012 by Lena Gott

MoneyIsTheRoot said:

Edward Antrobus said:

MoneyIsTheRoot said:

The monthly traffic from the 3 sites combining to $100 a month are about 9,000 visits.  One of my sites does really well on clicks, and it seems to be that one article I have gets 3,500 of the 4,000 views every month, and most of the clicks come from that.

Would you be willing to share that article so we could see what apparently is a great example of  what to do in terms of content & layout?

If it's a niche site that you don't want to reveal, that's okay, too.

Id rather not say the specific article or site, since there are some haters out there that have tampered with several of the members sites.  But I will say that if you look on Money is the Root, the adsense is setup exactly the same on all of my sites as it is on that one, including the individual articles.  I use awesome ads plugin to plop ads on every post.  I could probably optimize better but I just dont have the time.

I think it's wise that you don't reveal specific posts.  Sometimes it's even bad to be known as someone who is even having success.  I learned all of this the hard way a couple years ago after Suite101 publicized my July 2009 earnings in a big way.  After that announcement, I suddenly had hoards of copycats, Facebook friend requests asking for secrets, etc.  I love helping other people, but I somewhat regretted my agreement to the press release in the months following. I think Pat Flynn had a similar experience by publicizing his earnings and methodology with Security Guard Training HQ.  

The good thing about the publicity was that other writers started listening to my advice. I finally realized that the only way around the copycats and to make the teaching time investment worth my while was to launch an e-book on the subject (about optimization and choosing article topics).  It kept the copycats away from me and compensated me for providing valuable advice to people who truly wanted to learn.  The e-book kinda made it all worth it.  LOL  But I wouldn't wish what I went through on anyone.  It was a tough time, but luckily the dust eventually settled.  

Re: your one post that earns the most money – I've had the same experience.  Only one in every 10 posts will be a real winner with others earning modest amounts and others earning none.  It's a numbers game and search engine results placement makes all the difference.  All of my top earners appear in the top 5 of Google search results for certain keywords.  

~ Lena ~

Please link up your best post each week to Budget-Friendly Mondays! Inaugural edition is accepting submissions through December 12th. After that, each subsequent link up will open on Sundays at 6 p.m. and close Thursdays at 9 p.m. EST.

Challenger Site: WhatMommyDoes

My Other Baby: Taxes and Stuff  

Twitter: @WhatMommyDoes and @Lena Gott 

6:17 pm
June 13, 2012

mbhunter

posts 198

A year and a half.

Mighty Bargain Hunter — blogging on personal finance since 2005

Get money-saving tips with the newsletter!

Also follow me on Twitter and like me on Facebook!

9:45 pm
July 6, 2012

Wayne

posts 125

I received my first payout after two months.  Searches combined with decent ad placement seem to work pretty well.  Although my site is less than three months old, it ranks on page one or two one of many Google searches related to the topics I discuss.  I invested in the Genesis Framework to design the site – perhaps that's paying off.

J Wayne

VisualFin.com | Financial education through the use of visuals

RSS | Twitter | Facebook | Google+

9:57 am
July 7, 2012

Dominique Brown

Washington, DC

posts 510

It took me 4 or 5 months.

9:59 am
July 7, 2012

PK @ DQYDJ

The Intersection of Politics, Economics and Personal Finance.

posts 361

5 or 6 sounds about right – back in 2009, heh.  I've found it pays a bit less now, but since my traffic has increased it's all good.

Don't Quit Your Day Job…

http://dqydj.net or http://yourdayjob.net

Follow us at @dqydj_net on Twitter and connect with us on Facebook.

6:11 pm
July 12, 2012

First Million is the Hardest

Buffalo, NY

posts 119

I think I'm 5 months in to using adsense and I was sitting around $75 last time I checked. I don't think I have as much traffic as most of you probably do so I'm pleased with what I'm making so far. 

8:41 pm
July 12, 2012

Lisa @ Thriftability

Southern California, USA

posts 46

I (finally) hit the $100 mark today — about 10 mos after I created the Thriftability site. I wasn't paying much attention to Adsense at all, and figured that the full-color ads looked better, so I used as many of those as I could. I think this is a very common error!

Then I was laid up for quite a while with a neck injury, and decided I would take that time to learning all I could in order to improve my site. I bought The Adsense Code by social media guru Joel Comm (Got it at the thrift store for $1.50!!! Also, I've provided a link to the book… I am not an Amazon affiliate's just the first link I found.) This book was extremely helpful in understanding things like placement, changing the link colors, using only link/text ads, etc.

About 2 weeks ago I implemented what I had learned and gave Thriftability an overhaul.

Study up on SEO, drive more traffic to your site, and you will likely make more money with Adsense. The key is to use link advertisingblends in with the rest of your site – and make people click the links because they feel like those blocks aren't so much ads, but part of your actual article or post.

Three other books I recommend are The Small Business Owner's Handbook to Search Engine Optimization, Stephen Woessner; The Findability Formula, Heather Lutz; and Google Income, Bruce Brown.

Good luck with your Adsense journey!

Lisa Weber, aka Ms. Thriftability

Thriftability.com

Connect with me: Facebook  Linked In  Google+

Twitter: @Thriftability  |  Thriftability on Pinterest

2:08 pm
July 15, 2012

Freedom 48

Ottawa, Canada

posts 59

We've been at it for about 5 months now and have $57 in our account from Adsense.  I expect it'll be another 3 or 4 months before we reach $100. 

Blog: http://freedom48.net

Twitter: @freedom48dotnet

6:13 am
July 18, 2012

The Single Saver

posts 689

The Wall Street Chalkboard (Jeff) said:

How long did it take all of you to reach $100 on google adsense? Currently, most of my traffic (55%) comes from search engines, so I figure Ill reach $100 soon, but its been roughly 3 months and I'm only at $16.

Had Adsense for over a year and am just now at $96.00.  Slow and steady, right?  :)

The Single (and Small Family) Saver

Offering practical, money-saving advice in a fun and interactive format.

1:20 pm
July 19, 2012

Eric – PersonalProfitability.com

Portland, OR

posts 2120

It used to take ages and ages for me to reach $100. Now, with multiple sites feeding in, I get paid out about every five months.

Ramit made a good point about AdSense. If you get $100 from an affiliate signup, even if you only get one every 5 months it makes you just as much money and takes a lot less space on your site.

9:18 pm
July 25, 2012

Nunzio Bruno

Springfield, MA

posts 40

Adsense booted my like my second week in a few years back. When I was a few months into my blog I decided to sign up for Adsense. I guess I was click attacked by some bot network in Lebanon and because of that Adsense black listed me. Even though I appealed and showed proof of the fraudulent IP Addresses it was still no good. So now I'm sad because it's been like 4 years and I still haven't made that first $100. 

Moral of the story – be careful and don't try to rush your traffic. Adsense is all about protecting their advertisers so don't get hacked and just keep trying to grow your traffic in a natural way to boost that revenue :) 

Nunzio Bruno

Financially Digital

Twitter: @Nunzio_Bruno

Always up for some collaboration and an adventure! 

Email: nunzio (dot) bruno (at) financiallydigital.com

3:49 am
July 26, 2012

MoneyBeagle

posts 1466

Nuzio, that has to be very frustrating! 

Member Site: Money Beagle

Visit Money Beagle    -    Email    -    Twitter    -   Facebook    -  Google+

4:37 am
August 10, 2012

The Financial Blogger

posts 429

I've made a post about how I've reached $100/day with Adsense:

Adsense Optimization for PF blogs

I hope it can help!

enjoy!

9:20 am
August 10, 2012

AmericanDebtProject

posts 199

I am at $90 and it's been 14 months…

I blog at: American Debt Project

Follow me on Twitter: @IAmDebtProject

11:24 am
August 10, 2012

Aaron Hung

posts 254

Post edited 11:31 am – August 10, 2012 by Aaron Hung

I pretty much gave up on adsense and rely mostly on media net. Seeing how my traffic has increase, maybe I'll mess around with it again using your tips :)

Question: Do you guys specifically place ads on posts that gets the most traffic base from what you see in Analytics or maybe Wordpress Site Stats to see?

11:34 am
August 10, 2012

The Financial Blogger

posts 429

Aaron Hung said:

I pretty much gave up on adsense and rely mostly on media net. Seeing how my traffic has increase, maybe I'll mess around with it again using your tips :)

Question: Do you guys specifically place ads on posts that gets the most traffic base from what you see in Analytics or maybe Wordpress Site Stats to see?

you'll get a better return if you do it :-)

12:07 pm
August 10, 2012

Aaron Hung

posts 254

What size do you recommend?

No Tags
Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)