You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Lifestyle Bloggers Goal For 2012

UserPost

10:47 am
January 2, 2012

jaicatalano

New York

posts 846

I wanted to send out one of my goals to the Yakezie family that I forgot to place on my list 2 days ago (or better said last year).  I want to contribute to strengthening the Lifestyle Bloggers Section.  Everybody has been so helpful and I have learned a lot from several bloggers (mainly in PF) and hope to pay it forward.  

By the way my Alexa ranking dropped from 4.9 million a week ago to 1.03 million.  Thanks to you all.

On a side note.  If you want a good laugh please take a look at my 2 year old son singing Doe A Deer A Female Deer.  It's hysterical. Cool

11:04 am
January 2, 2012

Forest Parks

Cairo, Egypt

Admin

posts 1337

Good luck Jai, we need more lifestyle bloggers so anyone you can coax to join would be awesome. I need to put my running blog into that section for sure.

Vist me at Frugal Zeitgeist…. Frugal and Sustainable Living for the now…

11:53 am
January 2, 2012

AmericanDebtProject

posts 199

Guys, I definitely want to join the lifestyle bloggers section!  Everything I do is non-traditional and I have been all about creating my ideal lifestyle this past year.  And making the Yakezie even more of a destination would be awesome.  

I blog at: American Debt Project

Follow me on Twitter: @IAmDebtProject

3:24 pm
January 2, 2012

John @ Married with Debt

Illinois

posts 239

I was poking around the lifestyle section and thought it needed some more stuff, so count me in (though I'm not a 'member', just a challenger in training).

My site is almost 50/50 PF and lifestyle design. 

I think personal finance is the path you follow to financial freedom…and lifestyle design is what you do when you get there.

These fit together logically.

MarriedWithDebt.com  

Helping married couples pay off debt and build the life they want…together.

Twitter || My writings at HubPages.com || Sorry, I don't do Facebook

4:31 pm
January 2, 2012

jaicatalano

New York

posts 846

Yes I see that.  Although I am not PF I do touch on that.  I think organically my blog is turning that way because of the people I meet.  I am a challenger too but I am in it for the long hall.  It's fun with great people and blogs to blog about.  

8:16 am
January 3, 2012

MoneyIsTheRoot

posts 1456

I would love to see more challengers, as well as members, get into the lifestyle vertical.  We need to get something more official in place, but that won't happen until we have the numbers to back it up.  We have maybe three blogs that actually label themselves as lifestyle at the moment.

Member Blog:

Money Is The Root

Check me out on Facebook

Challenger Blogs:

Smart Wealth

8:20 am
January 3, 2012

LaTisha @YoungFinances

Admin

posts 1715

My new travel blog is in the lifestyle vertical. So I am down for building out this section in Yakezie.

LaTisha 

Young Adult Finances

Most Popular Post: I Have a Confession, I Don't Have a Budget

9:40 am
January 3, 2012

Jeff @ Sustainable Life Blog

posts 964

I feel like im part of the lifestyle vertical as thats where i'm headed, but I have to fix my finances first!

Jeff 

Sustainable Life Blog 

http://www.sustainablelifeblog.com

twitter.com/sustainlifeblog

12:41 pm
January 3, 2012

Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter

posts 2213

MoneyIsTheRoot said:

I would love to see more challengers, as well as members, get into the lifestyle vertical.  We need to get something more official in place, but that won't happen until we have the numbers to back it up.  We have maybe three blogs that actually label themselves as lifestyle at the moment.

I don't even know what I am labelled but I do blog about more than personal finance. I might qualify too, not sure. Either way I am all for helping up the Lifestyle vertical around here.

Miss T

"Helping you save money, go green, and have fun"

http://www.prairieecothrifter.com

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe to updates

Email me at prairieecothrifter[at]gmail[dot]com

5:44 am
January 4, 2012

MoneyIsTheRoot

posts 1456

@LaTisha – I do like the new blog, and logo!  I think we could really work to build up the lifestyle section, not exactly sure how yet, but if you have suggestions Im in. My lifestyle blog will be taking up more and more of my time soon.

@Miss T – Yeah your blog could go either way, but I still see you as more of  PF blogger, but I also could see you branching out on a lifestyle blog too. 

Member Blog:

Money Is The Root

Check me out on Facebook

Challenger Blogs:

Smart Wealth

7:32 am
January 4, 2012

posts 2213

MoneyIsTheRoot said:

@LaTisha – I do like the new blog, and logo!  I think we could really work to build up the lifestyle section, not exactly sure how yet, but if you have suggestions Im in. My lifestyle blog will be taking up more and more of my time soon.

@Miss T – Yeah your blog could go either way, but I still see you as more of  PF blogger, but I also could see you branching out on a lifestyle blog too. 

Ok. I am actually in the works on a second site which would be 100% lifestyle so count me in on the team and I can help out with increasing this side of Yakezie.

Miss T

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe to updates

8:45 am
January 4, 2012

LaTisha @YoungFinances

Admin

posts 1715

Maybe we could start a Yakezie lifestyle team similar to the Facebook team but more active.

LaTisha 

Young Adult Finances

9:12 am
January 4, 2012

John @ Married with Debt

Illinois

posts 239

So for our purposes, is "lifestyle" considered a catch-all for things that aren't PF related? Gardening sites, tennis sites, etc? I wanna make sure I know what we are exactly talking about. Based on what I read on this site, there should probably be a PF relation: "Lifestye is maximized through strong fundamental personal finance."

2) Yakezie Lifestyle: YL is the place where we discuss our dreams.  We will profile those who are living the life they’ve always desired.  Money is only a means to an end, which for most people is a better life.  There is an entire world out there full of entrepreneurs, world travelers, and free spirits who are not living the typical 9-to-5 lifestyle.  We’ll get to learn about what makes them tick, and where they get the courage to go out on their own.  We’ll learn about how some have retired early to pursue their passions as travel writers, while others are thriving with online businesses.  The Yakezie Lifestye is maximized through strong fundamental personal finance.

I consider myself a 50/50 personal finance and lifestyle design blogger. I recently wrote a post about how I define "lifestyle design" and what I think it is ("In its most basic form, lifestyle design is about making conscious choices to better your life.")

I chose this route because I think there is a great tie-in between PF and lifestyle design. By taking charge of your finances, you give yourself the freedom to engineer a life you want (digital nomad, IM, work from home, etc). Not only do I want to show people how to get out of debt, I want to show them what they can do once they get there.

So I guess the bigger question is: is lifestyle design a subcategory of "lifestyle?"

MarriedWithDebt.com  

9:17 am
January 4, 2012

John @ Married with Debt

Illinois

posts 239

(I also want to say this before I forget. I looked at the Lifestyle section and one easy thing we could do right away is each write a guest post for the Lifestyle category. That way it would have almost as many posts as the Personal Finance category. Since I'm new, I still need to learn the Yakezie Guest Posting guidelines (not sure if open to Challengers or just members). If I'm eligible, I'd be happy to write an original post on lifestyle/design.)

(Another suggestion, building on the Team Lifestyle idea above, would be to create a thread in a few categories directing people to one, master thread where you can sign up for Team Lifestyle. That way we'd have everyone in the same place for easy communication)

Sorry for so much info, had to do a mind dump.

MarriedWithDebt.com  

9:33 am
January 4, 2012

jaicatalano

New York

posts 846

Excellent idea.  I just think we need to make sure we follow the guidelines and not overstep our bounds as we are still challengers.  Maybe we can toss out a post to the Admins and see what the group says???

7:21 am
January 5, 2012

posts 2213

Great idea John. I know a few of us members would be glad to get this rolling. I can start a spreadsheet sign up today for lifestyle bloggers similar to the winter teams idea and we can start commenting and supporting the current sites.

Also, guest posts on Yakezie is a great idea. Once we get the group list we can work on each person on the list getting a post up.

Miss T

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe to updates

8:16 am
January 5, 2012

newlywedsbudget

posts 75

When I first joined Yakezie, I thought it was a personal finance only kinda group. I was hoping that my blog qould qualify because I write 50/50 about money but also about being married.

I'm glad to hear that Yakezie is open to other types of blogs as well!

11:12 am
January 5, 2012

John @ Married with Debt

Illinois

posts 239

Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter said:

Great idea John. I know a few of us members would be glad to get this rolling. I can start a spreadsheet sign up today for lifestyle bloggers similar to the winter teams idea and we can start commenting and supporting the current sites.

Also, guest posts on Yakezie is a great idea. Once we get the group list we can work on each person on the list getting a post up.

That would be great. As newbies, we are hesitant to try to start anything so soon. I stand ready to join Team Lifestyle, do a guest post, and craft a way we can support each other.

MarriedWithDebt.com  

11:22 am
January 5, 2012

LaTisha @YoungFinances

Admin

posts 1715

It's always great to start a new initiative that is focused on helping others. I think this will keep us accountable on keeping up our lifestlye blogs.

I would hesitate to start including blogs that are mostly personal finance for the sole fact that we already have a personal finance vertical. Pretty much all of Yakezie is personal finance. So maybe we need to flesh out the description of a lifestlye blog and make sure it is distinguished from that of a PF blog.

Or maybe a better idea would be to completely start categories like debt focused, investment focused, saving etc.

Thoughts?

LaTisha 

Young Adult Finances

11:34 am
January 5, 2012

jaicatalano

New York

posts 846

I like that idea as long as we can still be mix and mingle.  

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)