You must be logged in to post Login


Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results
Search Forums:


 






Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

How to join in a Carnival?

UserPost

6:01 am
January 18, 2013


financeinspired

Member

posts 5

I've been reading lots of Finance blogs recently, partly for inspiration, partly to make some new friends on here and put my opinion out there. 

 

Whilst looking around I came across a few 'Carnivals' where everyone puts a link to their latest post and tell everyone a little bit about it. Now i've seen these carnivals, just not too sure on how to join in one? I asked a couple of people using the contact form but I seem to be getting ignored as that was over a week ago now.

 

Any tips? Can I just put my article in the comment box or something? is that what you guys do?

 

Thanks in advance.Laugh

9:45 am
January 18, 2013


Khaleef @ KNS Financial

Fat Guy, Skinny Wallet

Member

posts 3149

You can use the Blogger Carnivals website to submit to up to 11 carnivals at the moment. When you click on a specific carnival, you will be prompted to enter the necessary information (blog name, url, etc).

 

I hope that helps!

Khaleef "Fat Guy" Crumbley

My Battle to Lose 100lbs and Pay off $100k in Debt:

http://fatguyskinnywallet.com

http://twitter.com/FGSW

http://www.facebook.com/fatguy…..innywallet

Personal Finance From A Biblical Perspective:

http://knsfinancial.com

http://www.facebook.com/knsfinancial

http://twitter.com/knsfinancial

12:41 pm
January 18, 2013


This That And The MBA

Member

posts 240

make sure you read the instructions as some will say you must post a unique article…and they will generally tell you within the last week or so the article must be from…and most do not allow you to submit more than one…and if you do they will likely remove both…just an fyi

-Christopher-

Email: thisthatandthemba@gmail.com

Website: http://thisthatandthemba.com

Come check me out and let me know what you think of my site!!!

5:52 am
January 21, 2013


financeinspired

Member

posts 5

Thanks guys, i'm going to try that site now and get myself involved in some serious carnival action! woop woop!

5:23 am
February 8, 2013


CashRebel

Chicago

Member

posts 23

So that's how it works! I've always wondered about carnivals!  Thanks

8:48 am
March 23, 2013


cheapstudents

Member

posts 44

financeinspired said:

Thanks guys, i'm going to try that site now and get myself involved in some serious carnival action! woop woop!

Thanks for starting this post! I checked out the website and will definitely be getting in on some carnival action myself.

Lauren Bernardo

Cheap Students

Blog Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+

12:51 pm
April 11, 2013


OneCentAtatime

Florida, USA

Member

posts 1778

New entrants, do ask questions like these. very trivial for seasoned Yakezies but, might be big deal for new bloggers. 

SB

One Cent At A Time  (Yakezie Member Site)

 

http://twitter.com/onlyonecent

onecentatatime@gmail.com

Finance Product Reviews 

 

https://twitter.com/FPRReviews

8:57 am
April 24, 2013


Brick By Brick Investing

Member

posts 87

I would also like to add this is a great way to network and a great method for SEO.

11:05 pm
May 27, 2013


Martin

Colorado

Member

posts 45

OneCentAtatime said:

New entrants, do ask questions like these. very trivial for seasoned Yakezies but, might be big deal for new bloggers. 

OCA, it is. I am also wondering how to participate in a carnival and so far it's been something mysterious to me. So some help and advice from you "old wolves" is appreciated.

 

Martin

"It isn't as important to buy as cheap as possible as it is to buy at the right time."

Jesse Livermore

Hellosuckers.net – a journey from a money losing sucker to a successful dividend investor

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

9:14 pm
June 4, 2013


Money Reasons

Admin

posts 697

Martin said:

OneCentAtatime said:

New entrants, do ask questions like these. very trivial for seasoned Yakezies but, might be big deal for new bloggers. 

OCA, it is. I am also wondering how to participate in a carnival and so far it's been something mysterious to me. So some help and advice from you "old wolves" is appreciated.

 

Martin

Hi Martin,

 

Sorry I didn't see this, I've been a little off health wise for months now…

 

That said, all you need to do is click this link http://www.bloggercarnivals.com/, then select "Yakezie Carnival" and fill out the prompts to the right.  The last step is to click the submit button at the bottom.

 

Then if you carnival is selected, just link back to the site that presented the carnival.  Sometime Wordpress will present this in your dashboard naturally.  On the other hand, it's probably best just to do a back link in a future post.

12:16 am
June 14, 2013


David @my2centopinion

Member

posts 12

This That And The MBA said:

make sure you read the instructions as some will say you must post a unique article…and they will generally tell you within the last week or so the article must be from…and most do not allow you to submit more than one…and if you do they will likely remove both…just an fyi

So does that mean I need to only submit articles I've written in the last week and they be unique? Or can I submit my most recent post to each of the carnivals?


//

My2CentOpinion.weebly.com

 

Try Dropbox, it's the best DropBox and I get free space if you sign up.

11:24 pm
July 21, 2013


Tortoise Banker

Member

posts 35

Hi David,

 

I host one of the carnivals on the previously referenced link, and I'll feature any post written in the last month.  Hope that helps, always eager to share great posts!  Laugh

Charles at The Tortoise Banker

Blog: http://www.tortoisebanker.com/

Twitter: @TortoiseBanker

Email: slowandsteadytortoise@hotmail.com

Personal finance advice from your neighborhood tortoise.

8:18 am
July 29, 2013


MonicaOnMoney

Member

posts 67

Tortoise Banker said:

Hi David,

 

I host one of the carnivals on the previously referenced link, and I'll feature any post written in the last month.  Hope that helps, always eager to share great posts!  Laugh

Hi! I'm interested in having my articles features and certainly featuring others at http://www.MonicaOnMoney.com

How can I get on a list for upcoming carnivals and how do I know if I'm featured? Thanks, I'm just starting to figure this out!

MonicaOnMoney.com

Saving, Bugeting, and Frugal Living

http://www.facebook.com/MonicaOnMoney

http://www.twitter.com/monicaonmoney

8:20 am
July 29, 2013


MonicaOnMoney

Member

posts 67

Money Reasons said:

Martin said:

OneCentAtatime said:

New entrants, do ask questions like these. very trivial for seasoned Yakezies but, might be big deal for new bloggers. 

OCA, it is. I am also wondering how to participate in a carnival and so far it's been something mysterious to me. So some help and advice from you "old wolves" is appreciated.

 

Martin

Hi Martin,

 

Sorry I didn't see this, I've been a little off health wise for months now…

 

That said, all you need to do is click this link http://www.bloggercarnivals.com/, then select "Yakezie Carnival" and fill out the prompts to the right.  The last step is to click the submit button at the bottom.

 

Then if you carnival is selected, just link back to the site that presented the carnival.  Sometime Wordpress will present this in your dashboard naturally.  On the other hand, it's probably best just to do a back link in a future post.

 

Thank you! I've been trying to figure this out lately! Would like to get my articles out there and to post other on my site.

 

MonicaOnMoney.com

Saving, Bugeting, and Frugal Living

http://www.facebook.com/MonicaOnMoney

http://www.twitter.com/monicaonmoney

 

3:55 pm
August 4, 2013


Brian@Luke1428

Member

posts 69

Thanks for this thread. It's been very helpful. When sending a submission, can I submit the same post to multiple carnivals? Or does it have to be a different post per carnival?

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

Connect with me on Twitter

Email: bfourman96@gmail.com

12:23 pm
August 12, 2013


ritap

Member

posts 9

Thanks for the information

Today for the first time I participated in Carnival at below link :

http://reachfinancialindepende…..nance-426/

In this case Pauline from RF Independence has announced about the carnival in her previous blog post with a link to submit at http://carnivalofpersonalfinance.com/ . I just went and filled necessary details to submit.

With this thread I found out that one can also apply to http://bloggercarnivals.com/

With regards to carnivalofpersonalfinance.com, can anyone suggest how to find the upcoming carnivals or schedule ?

I couldn't find it on their website, In case of bloggercarnivals.com there is list on left side so it is pretty straight forward, Can someone please suggest me similar for carnivalofpersonalfinance.com ?

 

Thanks and Regards,

Rita P

 

ritap  – DigitalSpikes

Website:   http://www.digitalspikes.com

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/digitalspikes

Follow me onTwitter:  @digital_spikes

RSS feed: digitalspikes

3:19 pm
January 14, 2014


annielogue

Member

posts 60

This is wonderful! I'm trying to figure this out, and so are others. The main reason for the reply, then, is to bump this up!

 

Annie

Low Finance. High Finance: Spend less than you earn, get a return that beats inflation

The Root of All: http://www.therootofall.com @annielogue

Chicago on the Cheap: http:www.chicagoonthecheap.com @chicagocheap

9:33 am
January 15, 2014


Eric – PersonalProfitability.com

Portland, OR

Member

posts 2120

Joining in the carnivals can be great, but can also be a mixed bag. It is a great way to get backlinks and exposure. The networking with hosts and meeting other bloggers as a host is great.

But beware that super strong inter-linking between a group of blogs can get you a Google penalty for unnatural linking. I usually do 1-2 carnivals per week. Some people do way more and never have a problem. Just know the risks and benefits.

12:43 am
April 11, 2014


professorsavings

Member

posts 7

This That And The MBA said:

make sure you read the instructions as some will say you must post a unique article…and they will generally tell you within the last week or so the article must be from…and most do not allow you to submit more than one…and if you do they will likely remove both…just an fyi

thanks so much!

Rayfil Wong

CEO Professorsavings.com

7:55 pm
June 9, 2014


debt debs

Member

posts 32

I submitted to my first carnival 1 – 2 weeks ago but I haven't seen anything posted recently.  I forgot to write the Carnival name down (DUH! Embarassed ) but I'm pretty sure it was ASPIRING BLOGGER carnival.  Does anyone know how to get in touch with that carnival owner?  There doesn't seem to be any other carnivals posted since #41 and that was in mid May.

My Blog:  http://debtdebs.com  Twitter:  @debtdebs  Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/DEBt.DEBs

email: debt.debs@gmail.com

Started my blog:  March 12    Joined Yakezie Challenge: May 25  Reached Alexa Score < 200000:  June 4  199,338

Total Debt
 

$393,500 $0 (33.9% towards goal) 

Return to Search Results

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383
Posts: 84794

Membership:

There are 13652 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)