You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

100,000 Alexa Rank and $1,200+ Monthly Income in Under 6 Months

UserPost

1:28 pm
September 30, 2013

Anton Ivanov

San Diego, CA

posts 129

Hi Guy and Gals,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've reached the 100,000 Alexa rank threshold this weekend, less than 6 months after starting my first website ever. In September, I've also had over 7,000 unique monthly visitors and made over $1,200.

I wouldn't consider myself a pro-blogger or an online marketing expert by any means, but I shared some of the things that helped me get to where I am today in this article. Perhaps you will find it useful, especially if you are just starting out.

I would also be happy to answer any questions any of you may have.

Hope everyone has a great week and don't forget to sign up for my Financial Literacy Giveaway!

2:55 pm
September 30, 2013

retireby40

USA

posts 1381

Great job! Congratulation and keep it up. 

retire by 40

Twitter: @retirebyforty

Facebook: Retire By 40 

3:04 pm
September 30, 2013

ayoungpro

Lehi, UT

posts 184

Congrats, very impressive.

3:30 pm
September 30, 2013

RootofGood

North Carolina

posts 47

That's pretty awesome!  Maybe I'll be where you are in another 5 months!  

Justin @ Root of Good

Join me in my journey through early retirement at age 33!

Rootofgood.com

Facebook: RootofGood

Twitter: @RootofGoodBlog

5:08 pm
September 30, 2013

brian_debtdiscipline

NY

posts 113

Congrats!

5:49 pm
September 30, 2013

Anton Ivanov

San Diego, CA

posts 129

Thanks, all! Couldn't have done it without Yakezie!

10:20 pm
September 30, 2013

maria@moneyprinciple

Manchester, UK

posts 679

Well done, Anton. And there is me who took two years to go below 100,000 Alexa! Read the article as well and there are some great ideas there – many of the things perfectly describe what I did/do (like the imbalance between writing and publicity).

Well done again.

Maria

9:39 am
October 1, 2013

Squirrelers

posts 986

Nice job with your success, congrats!

Ray

Member Site: Squirrelers

Challenger Site: Tie the Money Knot

Email: admin@squirrelers.com

1:41 pm
October 1, 2013

Moneysma

posts 165

Way to go Anton!! Congrats!

1:53 pm
October 1, 2013

SavvyWithSaving

posts 14

Congrats! Very impressive!

Savvy With Saving

Living Life…On A Budget

12:15 pm
October 2, 2013

frugaling

posts 139

Anton,

Wow! Congratulations on your tremendous success. Just of curiosity, would you elaborate on your regular funding. Where does it come from? Any recommendations?

All the best,

Sam

2:42 pm
October 2, 2013

Anton Ivanov

San Diego, CA

posts 129

Thanks guys!

@Sam – I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "regular funding". If you mean my revenue, then it comes from 3 primary sources – Google AdSense, direct placement ads and affiliate programs. AdSense is pretty self-explanatory, I probably get around $100-120 a month. I have 1 direct placement ad in the sidebar, but I only get $50 a month, so I may drop it in the future. The rest comes from about 20 different affiliate programs (I'm signed up for close to 50 total, but not all have made me money yet). I've made some money with the mentoring services I offer in the past, but not that much (I'm in the process of revamping my services anyway).

If I had to give advice on making money from a content-based website, such as blog, I would recommend diversifying your income. Use AdSense, other PPC programs, direct placement ads (if you can get them) and many different affiliate programs. But I wouldn't stop there – offer your own services and develop your own products (like I'm currently doing). Direct sales have a potential to bring in a lot more than advertising commissions.

6:01 am
October 4, 2013

MonicaOnMoney

posts 67

Wow! Great job, that's very impressive! Thanks for sharing what you did. I haven't set up Google AdSense yet but I'm planning on signing up soon. How did you get the direct advertisement? Did they reach out to you or vice versa?

Again, congrats!!

8:38 am
October 4, 2013

Anton Ivanov

San Diego, CA

posts 129

@Monica  – This particular company reached out to me.

2:30 pm
October 7, 2013

Pauline

posts 274

Congrats Anton! It's great you are able to increase the affiliate income, that is the surest way to go.

Pauline @ Reach Financial Independence

Yakezie Member Site: 

Reach Financial Independence 

Email:  tdmpauline *at* gmail *dot* com

I am also on Twitter and Facebook

3:36 pm
October 8, 2013

Tortoise Banker

posts 35

That's great!  Thanks for sharing your tips for us beginners…. you pro!  Cool

Charles at The Tortoise Banker

Blog: http://www.tortoisebanker.com/

Twitter: @TortoiseBanker

Email: slowandsteadytortoise@hotmail.com

Personal finance advice from your neighborhood tortoise.

7:24 am
October 9, 2013

ConsumerFu

posts 48

Excellent Anton! Haven't had a chance to read your post, but headed over there now. Keep up the great work!

Please visit us at http://consumerfu.com

Twitter @ConsumerFu

9:27 am
October 9, 2013

Anton Ivanov

San Diego, CA

posts 129

@Pauline, Tortoise Banker, ConsumerFu – Thanks guys!

7:54 pm
October 10, 2013

Eve of Reduction

Buffalo, NY

posts 46

Great article, Anton. I highly recommend it!

Cristin Frank
Founder of Eve of Reduction - Where Reducers are Producers - Reduction Rebels, let's save money by being clever, resourceful and creative. Before we open our wallets, we open our minds.
Author of Living Simple, Free & Happy: How to Simplify, Declutter Your Home, and Reduce Stress, Debt & Waste
Like us on Facebook and Pinterest
Twitter: @cristinfrank

11:35 pm
October 10, 2013

wealthnote

posts 28

Wow Anton very nice! I loved the article too. Some great tips for some of us newbies trying to break out in the personal finance blogosphere. I'm trying to develop some of my own products to sell on my own site. Of course it's a lot of work but usually the things that are the biggest reward take a little elbow grease to see results.

Nice job on the site too btw. It looks great, and you have some really spot on content. Glad to see your success and it really motivates me to work hard to see my own site prosper. 

Levi Blackman

wealthnote.com

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)