You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2015 Savings Challenge

No Tags
UserPost

5:22 am
December 4, 2014

moneystepper

posts 182

Hi everyone,

I hope you've all seen this in the past few days, but this week we have launched the Moneystepper 2015 Savings Challenge. If you haven't already, head on over and get involved. I really think it'll be beneficial for all PF bloggers not only from a personal perspective (in increasing your net wealth and savings rate), but also in the traffic/audience that it could drive your way through regular interviews/podcasts/foucs on results, etc.

Speaking of which, I'm also releasing the first "intro" episode later today, and I need help with episode 1. This is where you guys come in…!

I am planning to record a podcast next week, which would discuss the benefits of the challenge with 2 PF experts (from any country) and to briefly discuss their financial goals in the challenge and their current situation. However, the majority of the podcast will be on the setting of goals and how it helps you achieve them.

I have one guest lined up, but if anyone would like to get involved and be the second guest, that would be awesome. Either respond on here or fire me an email if you might be interested.

Alternatively, if you have any ideas of other people who might be interested, feel free to pass on their details and I'll be in touch.

Otherwise, any other feedback or advice on how I can further spread the word of the challenge (beyond commenting, emails to PF bloggers, adverts, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Graham.

6:24 am
December 8, 2014

moneystepper

posts 182

Slight change of plan – instead of having a guest, I'm just going to ask as many PF bloggers/experts as I can to record a 30 second to 3 minute slot talking about the importance and relevance of goal setting in personal finance.

If you want to join in, I will be "top and tailing" each clip by saying "here's XXX from YYYY who's awesome because ZZZZ", and then speaking a little about each clip.

If you want to appear (a bit of free publicity), just send me a sound clip within the next week.

Thanks everyone!

12:12 am
December 10, 2014

maria@moneyprinciple

Manchester, UK

posts 679

Graham,

I'd like to help but have very little experience of all this (and putting is like this, I'm being very British).

Maria

7:18 am
December 15, 2014

Elle

Raleigh, NC

posts 199

Just saw this, what a great idea! When's the deadline? And what email do we need to send the clip to? 

Elle Martinez

Couple Money- Live on one income; have fun with the second.

Couple Money Podcast – Building Up Your Marriage and Your Net Worth

Please chat with me - Couple Money on Twitter

9:54 am
December 18, 2014

moneystepper

posts 182

Elle said:

Just saw this, what a great idea! When's the deadline? And what email do we need to send the clip to? 

Thanks Elle. Pleased that you like it and good to see that you've signed up to the challenge!

For the audio clip, we are going to release the goals podcast on Monday (22nd December), so if you can get the audio clip over to me tomorrow (Friday), then I will certainly add it into the episode. Send your clip over to moneystepper@gmail.com.

4:56 am
December 19, 2014

moneystepper

posts 182

Elle (and others),

Due to a change in our launch program, the goals episode release date is changing to today (contrary to my previous post) and hence it will be too late to contribute.

However, I'll be in touch very shortly if you wish to contribute to an episode of the podcast in early 2015 talking about progress in the challenge.

Graham. 

No Tags

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)