You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

$5,963.41 – My Largest Adsense Check – Google Adsense is Still Alive and Well

UserPost

10:41 am
June 29, 2012

Sunil from The Extra Money Blog

posts 362

hey guys, just wanted to share the single largest payment I've received from Google. with all the recent talk about niche sites, Google algo changes and the deteriorating glamour of profiting from Adsense, I wanted to share my thoughts on where the "industry" is headed in my opinion. you can read more about it here.

questions:

are you seeing an increase or decrease in your Adsense earnings?

what are the results attributed to? is it a higher/lower CPC? CTR? do you have more sites with Adsense ads? is it your ranking? anything else . . . . ?

while the monetization model is certainly healthy (Google's profits are only growing), where do you feel the direction of the search engines' behavior toward small scale/individual operated websites like ours is heading? do we still stand a chance vs the Amazons and CNNs of the web? how do we differentiate and separate our small scale operations?

Adsense is a big chunk of my online earnings, as it is for many others. I'd like to continue to capitalize on it in the most effective way and would love to get your feedback.

I know there are many more questions on many of our minds. I'd be happy to address them to the best of my knowledge and experience. have a read – I am certainly interested in everyone's thoughts.

The Extra Money Blog– Expedited Wealth Building Through Multiple Streams of Active & Passive Income (Entrepreneurship, Internet Marketing, Personal Finance)

10:49 am
June 29, 2012

maria@moneyprinciple

Manchester, UK

posts 679

Well done! Lots to learn from you.

Maria

10:55 am
June 29, 2012

OneCentAtatime

Florida, USA

posts 1778

That's some money! Is it a month's earning Sunil?

SB

One Cent At A Time  (Yakezie Member Site)

http://twitter.com/onlyonecent

onecentatatime@gmail.com

Finance Product Reviews 

https://twitter.com/FPRReviews

12:20 pm
June 29, 2012

LaTisha @YoungFinances

Admin

posts 1715

Nice job! I am still looking for ways to implement adsense on my niche sites. I've taken it off my main site though.

LaTisha 

Young Adult Finances

Most Popular Post: I Have a Confession, I Don't Have a Budget

12:28 pm
June 29, 2012

MoneyIsTheRoot

posts 1456

Awesome job Sunil!

Member Blog:

Money Is The Root

Check me out on Facebook

Challenger Blogs:

Smart Wealth

1:49 pm
June 29, 2012

Eric – PersonalProfitability.com

Portland, OR

posts 2120

I am working with Jeff from Sustainable Life Blog on a niche site about elk hunting and have had little success so far. Not sure what we need to do for a next step to rank higher in the search engines.

3:31 pm
June 29, 2012

Michelle (Making Sense of Cents)

posts 400

Wow you're doing great!

3:32 pm
June 29, 2012

WellKeptWallet

posts 207

That is awesome! My blog is on Wordpress so I have not been able to successfully use Adsense. Do you know a way that would allow me to stay on Wordpress but use Adsense? Any help would be appreciated!

5:57 pm
June 29, 2012

Glen Craig

posts 1087

Nice check!!  Would love to hear more about your keyword research and how you use Market Samurai.

7:31 pm
June 29, 2012

Jeff Rose

posts 574

First, thank you for sharing this.  It's always exciting to hear success stories like this.  Laugh

I hit my record with Adsense a couple years ago, I think it was just below $5k or really close.  I should remember, but it was so long ago!  :) 

At the time I was outranking everyone for "2010 Roth IRA Conversion", a very nice keyword for traffic and Adsense. 

Into 2011 the traffic died when the buzz wore off and so did Adsense.  Then Panda came.  Cry

Now my traffic as finally got back to pre-Panda numbers but my Adsense is only about 30% of what it used to be.  <insert confused icon here>

Luckily, I've dabbled into affiliate marketing, alternate CPC campaigns and CPM ads, so my I've been able to make up for the loss of revenue and then some. 

I used to be REALLY obsessed with my Adsense numbers, like check it 3-4 times a day.  Now I may check it 1-2 times a week.  I do check my affiliate earnings every day now though.  Wink

9:54 am
June 30, 2012

Moneysma

posts 165

WellKeptWallet said:

That is awesome! My blog is on Wordpress so I have not been able to successfully use Adsense. Do you know a way that would allow me to stay on Wordpress but use Adsense? Any help would be appreciated!

I assume you have it hosted by Wordpress? I am on Wordpress but am hosting my site so I have no problems with Adsense. Granted I'm no where near the numbers people are reporting in this thread, but I am making money with it.

9:27 am
July 1, 2012

posts 362

Jeff Rose said:

First, thank you for sharing this.  It's always exciting to hear success stories like this.  Laugh

I hit my record with Adsense a couple years ago, I think it was just below $5k or really close.  I should remember, but it was so long ago!  :) 

At the time I was outranking everyone for "2010 Roth IRA Conversion", a very nice keyword for traffic and Adsense. 

Into 2011 the traffic died when the buzz wore off and so did Adsense.  Then Panda came.  Cry

Now my traffic as finally got back to pre-Panda numbers but my Adsense is only about 30% of what it used to be.  <insert confused icon here>

Luckily, I've dabbled into affiliate marketing, alternate CPC campaigns and CPM ads, so my I've been able to make up for the loss of revenue and then some. 

I used to be REALLY obsessed with my Adsense numbers, like check it 3-4 times a day.  Now I may check it 1-2 times a week.  I do check my affiliate earnings every day now though.  Wink

hey Jeff – was that $5k for the year or monthly?

non adsense avenues in my experience are definitely a lot more lucrative. i am moving in this direction as well with my authority sites

The Extra Money Blog– Expedited Wealth Building Through Multiple Streams of Active & Passive Income (Entrepreneurship, Internet Marketing, Personal Finance)

9:34 am
July 1, 2012

posts 362

thanks a lot guys.

these sites are all on wordpress, though i have several profitable websites (adsense) on traditional HTML platforms. you can install the code manually or by using adsense plugins. there are also themes developed for this sole purpose though i cannot speak from experience (i just insert code manually in the HTML window)

i have written quite a bit about keyword research on my blog and you can read more within the archives. i plan on releasing a video soon demonstrating how i use it and what i look for.

there have been several interesting questions posted on my blog to which i have responded the best i could. if you haven't read the post yet, you may find answers to several questions that just naturally come to mind when discussing niche sites and google adsense.

2:18 pm
July 1, 2012

Shilpan

posts 126

Awesome job Sunil! Are you still using SBI's platform for your niche sites?

Follow Street Smart Finance

Blog [ http://www.streetsmartfinance.org/]

Follow on Twitter [ @ssmartfinance ]

6:37 pm
July 1, 2012

Jeff Rose

posts 574

Sunil from The Extra Money Blog said:

hey Jeff – was that $5k for the year or monthly?

non adsense avenues in my experience are definitely a lot more lucrative. i am moving in this direction as well with my authority sites

That was for the month (I think December '10 and January '11 if I remember correct).  There was a stretch when getting $100-$150 a day from Adsense seemed like any ordinary day.  Oh…the good ol' days! 

Now I can count on April (tax stuff) and that's about it for those type of days; although I have some surprises here and there. 

5:34 am
July 2, 2012

Frugal Confessions

Houston, TX

posts 1622

Wow, wow, wow! Way to go. Very inspiring.

I thought I was "moving up in the world" now that I get an adsense check every other month for around $115! hahahahaha.

Amanda L Grossman

Frugal Confessions

Frugal Confessions @ the Houston Chronicle

email: frugalconfessions@hotmail.com

1:09 pm
July 2, 2012

Money and Risk

posts 73

I was wondering.  Has anyone tried to get feedback from your readers about Adsense? What is your real feelings about Adsense if you were a reader.

I know that I hate sites with Adsense tremendously and immediately leave any that I land on.  I did a survey when I first started out and the result was 100% hatred of Adsense especially in the middle of a blog post.  Note:  The respondents were all regular people, non bloggers, and non social media. 

I hate the Adsense on this site too but I understand that Sam needs money to run the site.

I currently don't accept any advertising on my sites but are looking at monetization without annoying my readers.

Kim @ Money and Risk

Site:  Money and Risk

Twitter: @moneyandrisk

1:36 pm
July 2, 2012

moolamind

Meridian, ID

posts 50

Very inspiring!

Thanks Jeff for the info as well. I've been following your blog for some time, and I'm trying to steal your secrets!

Jake

5:34 pm
July 2, 2012

Wayne

posts 125

Fantastic job Sunil. I love to see numbers like that to get me motivated. My Adsense numbers are only a fraction of yours, but my site is very new so that's to be expected. I can only hope you reach your numbers someday.

J Wayne

VisualFin.com | Financial education through the use of visuals

RSS | Twitter | Facebook | Google+

8:31 pm
July 2, 2012

Jeff Rose

posts 574

Post edited 8:31 pm – July 2, 2012 by Jeff Rose

Money and Risk said:

I was wondering.  Has anyone tried to get feedback from your readers about Adsense? What is your real feelings about Adsense if you were a reader.

I know that I hate sites with Adsense tremendously and immediately leave any that I land on.  I did a survey when I first started out and the result was 100% hatred of Adsense especially in the middle of a blog post.  Note:  The respondents were all regular people, non bloggers, and non social media. 

I hate the Adsense on this site too but I understand that Sam needs money to run the site.

I currently don't accept any advertising on my sites but are looking at monetization without annoying my readers.

I think we a'll have our opinions of advertising.  When I first created my blog, the intent was to get new clients.  Someone asked me one time, why would I want to have an ad for Fidelity on my site (via Adsense) if that was my goal.  I thought long and hard about it and my take away was, "Everybody that comes to my site is not going to become my client.  Why not get some financial consideration for my time?".

People may hate ads on your site, my site, anybody's site, but as long as they are not too intrusive (subject to debate), I don't care what a few people think.  Why?  Because those people don't realize the time and effort that go into blogging.  TV shows had ads.  Newspapers have ads.  Pandora has ads.   Gmail has ads.   Ads are everywhere. 

I've can only think of one or two people that made a comment about some of my advertising and didn't like it. 

I could then show you the hand written Thank You card that a recent reader just sent me in the mail for taking the time to answer his question even though I didn't benefit from it financially.   He "loves my blog" (his words).  I don't think he cares if I have Adsense on it. 

At the end of the day, you have to respect your readers, but your readers also have to respect you. Wink

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)