You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Alexa under 200k after 4 months!

UserPost

5:35 am
September 3, 2012

jaicatalano

New York

posts 846

Congrats. That is amazing. 

5:04 pm
September 4, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

Post edited 5:05 pm – September 4, 2012 by Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

@ WorkSaveLive: Thank you so much for the encouragement. You have definitely been a big part of this success.

@ Lance: Thanks Lance!

@ Club Thrifty: Thanks you guys. I love your blog as well. i fell like we're on similar wavelengths :)

@ Frugal Toad: Thanks!

@ SeeDebtRun: Awww, thanks. Thank you both for helping me succeed.

@ DebtKiller: Thanks! Just stick around here, you'll get there in no time.

@ Shilpan: Thank you!

@ Jai: Thanks Jai!

You guys are so encouraging, I really appreciate it. I definitely needed the motivation today, and logging in to see this response has definitely helped.

you are all gentlemen/women and scholars, and I look forward to joining many of you in the depths of the sub-100k club soon :)

10:00 am
September 6, 2012

Compound Capitalist

posts 46

Congrats man! Just subscribed!

11:58 am
September 6, 2012

Jason Clayton @ frugal habits

posts 8

Jake, that's pretty inspiring. Any advice on what made you successful so quickly? 4 months seems pretty fast in my mind.

Jason Clayton | frugal habits

Visit me @ http://frugalhabits.net

Live Prudent… Give Abundant

Twitter: @frugalhabits

1:55 pm
September 6, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

@ CC: Thanks for subscribing. Much appreciated!

@ Jason: To get your Alexa ranking to drop quickly, you need other bloggers to visit your site. They method I used was to first write articles worth reading and then go comment on as many blogs as I could after reading the articles I enjoyed. You kind of develop online relationships through comments, and people you click with are naturally interested in visiting your blog. Also, try joining a Yakezie team. Look for the fall teams to be forming soon. It's a group of people who help each other out by commenting and sharing each other's articles, and giving each other feedbakc to improve their blogs. I would also suggest working on guest posting on more established blogs with the best articles you can muster up to help get people familiar with who you are and give them a reason to visit you.

As far as blogging well, it really comes down to passion. If you don't really give a rip about what you are writing, it shows. There's no way to really hide that. On the contrary, if you are passionate about something, that shows as well, and will compel others to tune in. Also, just keep at it. There will be times where it feels like you're making no progress, and times where your blog gets huge jumps, but the key is to keep steady. Today, for example, my Alexa went up about 1,000 points and my traffic is down, but I'm still going to hammer out a great article for tomorrow to keep others interested and broadcast my thoughts/feeling/advice on a certain subject. Even if I only got 10 hits today, I will write like I'm going to get 1,000 tomorrow.

And……that's all I got for now. Give me another year, and I'll probably have WAY better advice :)

3:59 pm
September 6, 2012

The College Investor

San Diego, CA

Admin

posts 1935

I just saw this thread!  Congrats on the great progress!  Your articles are getting better all the time!  I really enjoy reading them!

Please check out The College Investor at http://thecollegeinvestor.com!  This is the home of my Investing 101 Class.

Ready to Take Your Blog To The Next Level: http://beatthe9to5.com

You can also follow on Twitter @CollegeInvestin or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/thecol…..geinvestor!

4:28 pm
September 6, 2012

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

The College Investor said:

I just saw this thread!  Congrats on the great progress!  Your articles are getting better all the time!  I really enjoy reading them!

Robert, thanks so much for the compliment. It means a lot coming from you. My writing is definitely going through a growing phase, and I am glad you enjoy it :)

6:15 am
September 7, 2012

bogofdebt

posts 116

Just saw this thread! Congrats Jake! I love your blog even if I've been a bad blogging friend and been away for a week.  Keep up the amazing work :)

Bogofdebt

Come visit my blog at: bogofdebt.wordpress.com

Twitter: bogofdebt

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)