You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Dreams Cash True reached 200,000 Alexa rank!

UserPost

11:21 am
August 14, 2013

Anton Ivanov

San Diego, CA

posts 129

Just a little over 2 months ago, I joined the Yakezie Challenge with my Dreams Cash True website. I'm super excited to announce that we have just crossed the 200,000 Alexa rank threshold, completing the ranking requirement of the challenge! You can read the full announcement here. I'm looking forward to joining the Yakezie Network as a member next January!

I want to thank everyone in the Yakezie community for their invaluable support, encouragement and guidance. I couldn't have done it without you!

1:03 pm
August 14, 2013

femmefrugality

posts 105

Congrats, Anton!

Femme Frugality

Follow on Twitter

Follow on G+

1:08 pm
August 14, 2013

The College Investor

San Diego, CA

Admin

posts 1935

Way to go!

Please check out The College Investor at http://thecollegeinvestor.com!  This is the home of my Investing 101 Class.

Ready to Take Your Blog To The Next Level: http://beatthe9to5.com

You can also follow on Twitter @CollegeInvestin or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/thecol…..geinvestor!

2:02 pm
August 14, 2013

maria@moneyprinciple

Manchester, UK

posts 679

Well done, Anton.

Maria

2:11 pm
August 14, 2013

Cubicle Sherpa

posts 26

Congratulations!

What would you say has had the biggest impact on your traffic numbers?

-Bob

2:20 pm
August 14, 2013

Anton Ivanov

San Diego, CA

posts 129

Thanks everyone!

@Bob As far as traffic generation, I've had the most success with organic Google search and Reddit. Google can be very tricky as it often makes adjustments to their algorithm, but I do my best to optimize every article/page I write for a particular keyword(s) (I use the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin for this extensively). I currently have several articles/pages within top 5 results for their respective keywords.

Reddit can be a great traffic source if you don't abuse it. I treat it pretty much as a forum – I regularly post on about 10 subreddits and occasionally include links to my articles/pages in the comments or in the main threads.

Hope this helps!

2:49 pm
August 14, 2013

ayoungpro

Lehi, UT

posts 184

Congrats Anton!

4:02 pm
August 14, 2013

FrugalRules

posts 161

Congrats Anton!

3:05 am
August 15, 2013

financialindependenc

Congratulations – this is a great achievement in just two months. Do you mind if I ask which keywords you are ranking highly for, I would be interested to know as a new user of Yoast if you are targeting short keywords (such as 'credit card rewards') or longer ones ('which credit card has the best rewards').

8:50 am
August 15, 2013

Anton Ivanov

San Diego, CA

posts 129

Thank you for more congrats!

@financialindependence When using Yoast for pages and posts, I target mostly short keywords (2-4 word phrases) because I find it difficult to optimize a page/post for something really long (repeating "which credit card has the best rewards" 10 times in a post to get a good keyword density isn't going to work). In the process, my pages/posts may get ranked for long tail keywords as well, which I treat as a bonus. There are some who may disagree with this SEO approach and suggest to just target long tail keywords to begin with, but this is something that has worked for me so far.

Just to give you an idea, I'm currently ranked in Google:

#3 – Jemstep

#3 – Living Debt Free

#3 – Mint.com Review

#3 – TradeKing Review

#4 – Best Finance Books

#5 – Pay Yourself First

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)