You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

I Have Crushed The Alexa Rank Under 100K!!

UserPost

7:11 am
December 29, 2010

The Financial Blogger

posts 429

Back in September 2010, I have officially joined the Yakezie Challenge.

At that time, The Financial Blogger was at 163,498. To be honest, I have never given much attention to the Alexa ranking as I don't believe in it. However, I like challenges and I though it was a great idea to participate in the Yakezie community.

So 3 months later, my Alexa rank is now at 95,272 :-D

I have also worked a lot on DoNotWait.com to bring it back from 5M to 273,305 in the span of 2 months.

What I like about the Alexa challenge is that it brings us back to the basics of blogging:

- commenting on other's blog

- encouraging communication across the blogosphere

- link to others and share good articles.

How I did it:

I didn't do much to improve my Alexa ranking. I think the key was to write articles that would generate more comments (such as my post on how I run multiple blogs and earn money). Besides that, I have linked to several bloggers and tried to get more implicated via comments.

My advice

The Alexa challenge is interesting when you think about collaboration and growing a community. However, don't focus solely on your Alexa rank. There are many websites that has a low Alexa rank and that has way much visitors or making way more money.

So keep working on improving your Alexa rank, but establish other goals at the same time.

7:15 am
December 29, 2010

Freddie @ Invest With Passion

posts 204

CONGRATS!!! And great advice on not focusing solely on the Alexa ranking.

When you are new to the challenge that is all you think about, but that is ok. The reason is because you are drawn in with the Alexa challenge, but in order to do well you it brings you back to the basics of blogging and getting things done on the internet…..and doing it in the realm of teamwork!

Newest Blog: How To Save Money & More

Or view my real estate investing community today and join the conversation.

7:25 am
December 29, 2010

The Financial Blogger

posts 429

Freddie @ Invest With Passion said:

CONGRATS!!! And great advice on not focusing solely on the Alexa ranking.

When you are new to the challenge that is all you think about, but that is ok. The reason is because you are drawn in with the Alexa challenge, but in order to do well you it brings you back to the basics of blogging and getting things done on the internet…..and doing it in the realm of teamwork!

You are right, the Alexa challenge is the ultimate proof of what teamwork can achieve in a short period of time!

7:30 am
December 29, 2010

moneycone

posts 617

Congratulations FB!  Thanks for posting how you got there and can't agree with you more – focus on quality first, promotion next!  Ignore either of them at your own risk! :)

8:13 am
December 29, 2010

Budgeting in the Fun Stuff

posts 3048

Congrats!

Crystal

Yakezie Member Site: 

Budgeting in the Fun Stuff

Ebook:  How I Make Money Blogging:
The Beginner's Guide to Building a Money-Making Site

Email:  budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail *dot* com

You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook

9:49 am
December 29, 2010

Buy Like Buffett

posts 1682

Congratulations Mike! I figured it was only a matter of time. You have an established well run blog as soon as you focused on getting below 100k, you were going to do it.

Mark

Learn how to build wealth at Buy Like Buffett.

Learn about making money online at Mark Riddix dot com

Follow me on Twitter

10:07 am
December 29, 2010

Buck Inspire

posts 1546

Congrats and great advice, will keep this in mind.  For newbies, chasing after the Alexa ranking is a nice first goal because you actually do work on writing, commenting, and networking. Laugh But I totally agree, when the rankings stabilize, new goals need to be made.

12:31 pm
December 29, 2010

Forest Parks

Cairo, Egypt

Admin

posts 1337

Great advice.

Vist me at Frugal Zeitgeist…. Frugal and Sustainable Living for the now…

1:28 pm
December 29, 2010

Sandy @ yesiamcheap

New York, NY

posts 802

Agreed!  Once I passed 200K on Thanksgiving I never paid attention to it again.  Instead, I've been visiting and featuring others, learning from other blogs and making friends.  Now I see that I'm nearing 100K as well.  I like to focus on building the community and of course the basic reasons of why I started my blog in the first place.

I'm digging my way out of some serious debt at

http://www.yesiamcheap.com.

11:04 am
December 30, 2010

Barbara Friedberg

posts 1302

Good advice for all. I am becoming a bit (don't tell anyone :) ) insane as I hover around 100K. Your advice is well put and timely for me. thanks

9:34 am
December 31, 2010

My Personal Finance Journey

posts 3159

sandy@yesiamcheap said:

Agreed!  Once I passed 200K on Thanksgiving I never paid attention to it again.  Instead, I've been visiting and featuring others, learning from other blogs and making friends.  Now I see that I'm nearing 100K as well.  I like to focus on building the community and of course the basic reasons of why I started my blog in the first place.

I completely agree. If you focus on creating a community, the numbers will fall in their place.

Jacob @ My Personal Finance Journey

Visit me at My Personal Finance Journey

Email me jacob@mypersonalfinancejourney.com

Be my Facebook Friend, Follow my journey on Twitter

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)