You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

I Make $100,000 And Live Paycheck To Paycheck…

No Tags
UserPost

7:02 am
August 2, 2012

Ted Jenkin @ YourSmartMoneyMoves

Gen X & Y Finance

posts 212

Wrote this article the other day and wanted to share it with all of you and get your feedback and comments…

I Make $100,000 And Live Paycheck To Paycheck

About Me – Ted Jenkin

Wall Street Journal Expert – View My Articles

Breathe Easier® About Your Financial Future – Your Smart Money Moves (Read the blog)

Follow on Twitter – @oXYGenFinancial

Like Us on Facebook

7:18 am
August 2, 2012

MoneyIsTheRoot

posts 1456

Good article… I would also like to add that there is a large disparity between a married wage earner with two kids making 100K and living in Manhattan versus a single wage earner living in Tulsa making 100K as well.  Just looking at income alone doesn't give us the entire picture…regardless I really liked your take!

Member Blog:

Money Is The Root

Check me out on Facebook

Challenger Blogs:

Smart Wealth

8:25 am
August 2, 2012

Gen X & Y Finance

posts 212

@MoneyIsTheRoot

So true—what a great point.    This point will also give people cause to think about location of job and lifestyle as they think about how they build (and keep) their wealth.  

About Me – Ted Jenkin

Breathe Easier® About Your Financial Future – Your Smart Money Moves (Read the blog)

Like Us on Facebook

8:32 am
August 3, 2012

MoneyIsTheRoot

posts 1456

Ted Jenkin @ YourSmartMoneyMoves said:

@MoneyIsTheRoot

So true—what a great point.    This point will also give people cause to think about location of job and lifestyle as they think about how they build (and keep) their wealth.  

Very true… i was quite lucky to be born in Michigan rather than California due to the decent incomes here, as well as the cheap cost of living…then again, i dont have the ocean, beach, sun, and hollywood to look forward to everyday…lol

Member Blog:

Money Is The Root

Check me out on Facebook

Challenger Blogs:

Smart Wealth

9:23 pm
August 3, 2012

FI Fighter

posts 53

Yes, sadly 100k salary will not take you very far in California, especially in Silicon Valley. You can probably live comfortably if you are single, but it will be difficult to support a family.

FI Fighter (Path to Early Financial Independence)

http://www.fifighter.com

Follow on twitter

https://twitter.com/FI_Fighter

10:35 am
August 6, 2012

WellKeptWallet

posts 207

It is amazing how prevalent living paycheck to paycheck is for those making 6 figures. I think you hit the nail on the head with the fact that most people don't develop a spending plan. It seems that if you don't set limits on how much money to spend then the sky is the limit. I have heard of people making over $300k per year and still living paycheck to paycheck. The good news is that us "Personal Finance Bloggers" will always be needed :)

9:18 am
August 10, 2012

AmericanDebtProject

posts 199

Great insights in this article. I feel like I was definitely on this path just a year ago…no matter how much I made I always spent it all and lived paycheck to paycheck. Since I'm paying as much debt off as possible each month I am still living paycheck to paycheck, but my attitude is completely different from what it was before- I want to save, pay myself first and look at the big picture before each purchase.

I blog at: American Debt Project

Follow me on Twitter: @IAmDebtProject

6:15 am
August 11, 2012

Gen X & Y Finance

posts 212

Thanks everyone for the great feed back!!!!

@AmericanDebtProject – Good Job and keep on with this new attitude and you will be where you want to be in no time!

About Me – Ted Jenkin

Like Us on Facebook

No Tags

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)