You must be logged in to post Login


Lost Your Password?

Search Forums:


 






Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Building Klout & other metrics

No Tags
UserPost

11:38 am
November 12, 2010


justheather

Member

posts 160

Now that the Wisebread table is using a variety of metrics for their list, it makes sense for us to work together to increase our rankings there as well. Klout seems to be the next big thing, and it's based on Twitter/Facebook followers, mentions & comments. I already try to do a fair amount of RTing, but I've moved the Yakezie column to be a little more prominent on my Tweetdeck so I can get better at it.

I'm also adding Yakezie Facebook friends and try to stay active there – if you go to Klout/yourusername, you have the option to link your Facebook profile, which can raise your score.

Any other ideas for building our presence?

Heather Sokol, niche blogger

Founder of Inexpensively

12:31 pm
November 12, 2010


Khaleef @ KNS Financial

Fat Guy, Skinny Wallet

Member

posts 3149

justheather said:

Now that the Wisebread table is using a variety of metrics for their list, it makes sense for us to work together to increase our rankings there as well. Klout seems to be the next big thing, and it's based on Twitter/Facebook followers, mentions & comments. I already try to do a fair amount of RTing, but I've moved the Yakezie column to be a little more prominent on my Tweetdeck so I can get better at it.

I'm also adding Yakezie Facebook friends and try to stay active there – if you go to Klout/yourusername, you have the option to link your Facebook profile, which can raise your score.

Any other ideas for building our presence?

Thanks for the tip about Klout. I see they have very outdated information about me. They have me with 460 Twitter followers and I actually have 601! I connected my Facebook and Linked In, so it should go up in about a week.

The only other thing that I can see is for us to subscribe to each other's RSS Feed (I already do). I have no idea what a Compete score is, so I don't really know what we could do about that one. 


Khaleef "Fat Guy" Crumbley

My Battle to Lose 100lbs and Pay off $100k in Debt:

http://fatguyskinnywallet.com

http://twitter.com/FGSW

http://www.facebook.com/fatguy…..innywallet

Personal Finance From A Biblical Perspective:

http://knsfinancial.com

http://www.facebook.com/knsfinancial

http://twitter.com/knsfinancial

1:46 pm
November 12, 2010


Sandy @ yesiamcheap

New York, NY

Member

posts 802

The RSS thing is powerful too, I think.  I just changed to Feedburner (all from changing blog platforms onto Wordpress) and then made my information public.  Of couse since I changed platforms and the RSS address was different I started with 0 subscribers.  My ranking on both Wisebread and Money Crashers tanked.  Wisebread fell from the new rescored 268 to 311 (ouches) and Money Crashers from 300 to 330.  So yes, having feed subscribers helps.  I'm up to about 57 since I activated Feedburner on Wednesday, so if anyone wants to throw some Feedburner loving in my direction…

I'm digging my way out of some serious debt at

http://www.yesiamcheap.com.

2:06 pm
November 12, 2010


Suba @ Wealth Informatics

Moderator

posts 1876

I don't know how the feedburner thing really works. One day I am up 100-150, the next day I in 20s, do 100 people unsubscribe on the same day? From what I read it looks like they measure how many feeds are requested on a certain day than actual subscribers…

I would love to increase subscriber count too (I have already subscribed to your feed, Sandy. Heather & KNS are also in my reader). 

Visit me @ Wealth Informatics Financial freedom through information

Connect with me via Facebook Wealth Informatics page

Follow me with Twitter

Have a comment or want to say hello – wealth [dot] Informatics [at] gmail [dot] com

Editor @ Broke Professionals

2:41 pm
November 12, 2010


Sandy @ yesiamcheap

New York, NY

Member

posts 802

Suba @ Wealth Informatics said:

I don't know how the feedburner thing really works. One day I am up 100-150, the next day I in 20s, do 100 people unsubscribe on the same day? From what I read it looks like they measure how many feeds are requested on a certain day than actual subscribers…

I would love to increase subscriber count too (I have already subscribed to your feed, Sandy. Heather & KNS are also in my reader). 


I think that there are two number.  One is the number of subscribers that  you have (which shouldn't change too much from day to day) and the other is reach. The reach is the number of people that viewed or requested your feed that day, or so I think.

I'm digging my way out of some serious debt at

http://www.yesiamcheap.com.

2:59 pm
November 12, 2010


Buy Like Buffett

Member

posts 1682

I have seen this happen as well. Some days the subsciber count may go up or down by 100 or more.

 

 

Mark

Learn how to build wealth at Buy Like Buffett.

Learn about making money online at Mark Riddix dot com

Follow me on Twitter

3:39 pm
November 12, 2010


Suba @ Wealth Informatics

Moderator

posts 1876

sandy@yesiamcheap said:

Suba @ Wealth Informatics said:

I don't know how the feedburner thing really works. One day I am up 100-150, the next day I in 20s, do 100 people unsubscribe on the same day? From what I read it looks like they measure how many feeds are requested on a certain day than actual subscribers…

I would love to increase subscriber count too (I have already subscribed to your feed, Sandy. Heather & KNS are also in my reader). 


I think that there are two number.  One is the number of subscribers that  you have (which shouldn't change too much from day to day) and the other is reach. The reach is the number of people that viewed or requested your feed that day, or so I think.


Yeah the reach is different, but I am talking about jsut the subscriber count. That itself changes for me drastically, may be its just me…

Visit me @ Wealth Informatics Financial freedom through information

Connect with me via Facebook Wealth Informatics page

Follow me with Twitter

Have a comment or want to say hello – wealth [dot] Informatics [at] gmail [dot] com

Editor @ Broke Professionals

4:50 pm
November 12, 2010


Khaleef @ KNS Financial

Fat Guy, Skinny Wallet

Member

posts 3149

I think I have every Yakezie member (at least the ones who have introduced themselves in these forums) in my RSS feed reader. I have almost 800 Yakezie articles alone to read!

@ Suba, my subscriber count fluctuates like crazy as well. It goes from around 115 down to 75 depending on the day.

Khaleef "Fat Guy" Crumbley

My Battle to Lose 100lbs and Pay off $100k in Debt:

http://fatguyskinnywallet.com

http://twitter.com/FGSW

http://www.facebook.com/fatguy…..innywallet

Personal Finance From A Biblical Perspective:

http://knsfinancial.com

http://www.facebook.com/knsfinancial

http://twitter.com/knsfinancial

5:56 am
November 13, 2010


Glen Craig

Member

posts 1087

Feedburner get swonky at points.  If they are updating things you can see your count jump drastically every day.

 

Compete scores are similar in a sense to Alexa but not so driven on a toolbar (more legit).  You can sign up with compete and add some code to make it easier to track you (I think, it's been a while).

9:40 am
November 13, 2010


Freddie @ Invest With Passion

Member

posts 204

Thanks for the heads up on Klout, I just just connected and in the game.

 

Don't really mess with or push feedburner although it is on my site. I find that rss and stuff like that is big in the blogging community, but regular people have no clue what that is all about. Most of my visitors are business people that are barely on the web it seems so they have no clue about rss. 

 

With that said, feedburner is just wonkey as someone said. It mad fluctuates, just part of the system i guess.

Newest Blog: How To Save Money & More

Or view my real estate investing community today and join the conversation.

3:03 pm
November 13, 2010


everydaytips

Detroit Area

Member

posts 455

KNS Financial said:

justheather said:

Now that the Wisebread table is using a variety of metrics for their list, it makes sense for us to work together to increase our rankings there as well. Klout seems to be the next big thing, and it's based on Twitter/Facebook followers, mentions & comments. I already try to do a fair amount of RTing, but I've moved the Yakezie column to be a little more prominent on my Tweetdeck so I can get better at it.

I'm also adding Yakezie Facebook friends and try to stay active there – if you go to Klout/yourusername, you have the option to link your Facebook profile, which can raise your score.

Any other ideas for building our presence?

Thanks for the tip about Klout. I see they have very outdated information about me. They have me with 460 Twitter followers and I actually have 601! I connected my Facebook and Linked In, so it should go up in about a week.

The only other thing that I can see is for us to subscribe to each other's RSS Feed (I already do). I have no idea what a Compete score is, so I don't really know what we could do about that one. 



Khaleef – Money Reasons told me about http://www.compete.com.  If you visit that site, you will see the metrics for your site as they see them.  They are way off for me, but that is where your compete score comes from.  They also don't update it very frequently either.

Kris @ Everyday Tips and Thoughts

 

Visit me at Everyday Tips and Thoughts

Follow Me On Twitter: Edaytipsthought

Be My Facebook Friend: Everyday Tips

3:25 am
November 14, 2010


pfincome

Member

posts 76

I personally believe that Twitter and Facebook hold much more value these days than RSS.  I probably would not have admitted to that a year ago, but it seems like that is the way things are heading.

 

That being said, I am trying to really improve my Twitter following.

Come visit me at Passive Family Income!

Follow me on Twitter – @PFIncome

9:08 pm
November 14, 2010


mbhunter

Member

posts 198

My FB count can jump 1,000 from one day to the next.  Don't know if posting every single day makes this happen less.

Mighty Bargain Hunter — blogging on personal finance since 2005

Get money-saving tips with the newsletter!

Also follow me on Twitter and like me on Facebook!

9:43 am
November 15, 2010


justheather

Member

posts 160

Don't forget to make yourself retweetable – I know Twitter's new RT system allows for fully retweets, but I'm a classic girl myself. Keep it short, so we can add our own thoughts to the tweet or at least leave enough characters for RT @YourUsername: to fit in font of it!

Heather Sokol, niche blogger

Founder of Inexpensively

No Tags

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383
Posts: 84794

Membership:

There are 13652 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)