You must be logged in to post Login


Lost Your Password?

Search Forums:


 






Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

How Do You Get RSS Subscribers?

No Tags
UserPost

9:05 pm
November 30, 2010


Aloysa

Member

posts 910

I am just curious how do you get RSS (feedburner) and email subscribers. My subscribers number just froze at some point. The traffic is going up, but not subscribers. Is it normal? I am really interested to hear about your experience…

Creator of:

4:49 am
December 1, 2010


Buy Like Buffett

Member

posts 1682

I have found that promoting it helps. You want to make it as easy as possible for people to subscribe to your RSS feed. You can write a post about it or let your readers know how they can subscribe to your RSS feed.

 

 

Mark

Learn how to build wealth at Buy Like Buffett.

Learn about making money online at Mark Riddix dot com

Follow me on Twitter

5:09 am
December 1, 2010


Kay Lynn Akers

San Diego

Member

posts 904

I'm bribing them with money!  I was 25-40 people away from 200 subscribers (depending on feedburner's mood each day) and am running a $25 cash giveaway when the number hits 200 for a few consecutive days or 12/15 whichever comes first. 

Today for the first time, it's over 200 so I might be giving away the money this weekend!

Visit me at Weight Chronicles

Follow me on twitter: @Kaylynnakers

Like me on Facebook

Email: admin@weightchronicles.com

5:48 am
December 1, 2010


Glen Craig

Member

posts 1087

Have a button that's obvious.  At times my subs seem to stay the same then they'll jump.  They wil move up.  Work on good content and the readers will follow.

7:33 am
December 1, 2010


Aloysa

Member

posts 910

Kay Lynn Akers said:

I'm bribing them with money!  I was 25-40 people away from 200 subscribers (depending on feedburner's mood each day) and am running a $25 cash giveaway when the number hits 200 for a few consecutive days or 12/15 whichever comes first. 

Today for the first time, it's over 200 so I might be giving away the money this weekend!


Bribing… do they stay after they get money, though? Are they doing it just for the money and because they are really interested in what you have to say? Just my thoughts…

Creator of:

7:34 am
December 1, 2010


Aloysa

Member

posts 910

Craig – Free From Broke said:

Have a button that's obvious.  At times my subs seem to stay the same then they'll jump.  They wil move up.  Work on good content and the readers will follow.


A good content is importanrt. In fact it is more important than anything… I agree.

Creator of:

7:03 pm
December 1, 2010


Kay Lynn Akers

San Diego

Member

posts 904

Aloysa said:

Kay Lynn Akers said:

I'm bribing them with money!  I was 25-40 people away from 200 subscribers (depending on feedburner's mood each day) and am running a $25 cash giveaway when the number hits 200 for a few consecutive days or 12/15 whichever comes first. 

Today for the first time, it's over 200 so I might be giving away the money this weekend!


Bribing… do they stay after they get money, though? Are they doing it just for the money and because they are really interested in what you have to say? Just my thoughts…
 


I'll let you know the results after it ends.  I hope to attract them with money and keep them with the content.

Visit me at Weight Chronicles

Follow me on twitter: @Kaylynnakers

Like me on Facebook

Email: admin@weightchronicles.com

7:29 pm
December 1, 2010


Aloysa

Member

posts 910

Kay Lynn Akers said:

 


I'll let you know the results after it ends.  I hope to attract them with money and keep them with the content.


Yes, please let me know. I am really curious to find out…Laugh

Creator of:

7:17 am
December 2, 2010


Invest It Wisely

Member

posts 2019

Run a giveaway ;) During my first and last giveaway, my subscribers went from around 90 to 250-270. It's unfortunately been flat since then…

7:02 pm
December 3, 2010


Melissa (Mom's Plans)

Member

posts 908

Kay Lynn Akers said:

Aloysa said:

Kay Lynn Akers said:

I'm bribing them with money!  I was 25-40 people away from 200 subscribers (depending on feedburner's mood each day) and am running a $25 cash giveaway when the number hits 200 for a few consecutive days or 12/15 whichever comes first. 

Today for the first time, it's over 200 so I might be giving away the money this weekend!


Bribing… do they stay after they get money, though? Are they doing it just for the money and because they are really interested in what you have to say? Just my thoughts…
 


I'll let you know the results after it ends.  I hope to attract them with money and keep them with the content.


I started running giveaways this summer and saw my numbers for RSS feed subscribers jump from 90 to 900 now.  When I run the giveaway, unless I am the one paying for it, I make it optional to subscribe to feed as a way to enter.  I find that they do stay.  That may be because I continue to offer a giveaway or two a week in addition to my other content.  I am not sure.

My Member Site:  Mom's Plans

My Challenger Site:  Fiscal Phoenix

E-mail:  momsplans@yahoo.com

6:34 am
December 4, 2010


Kay Lynn Akers

San Diego

Member

posts 904

Melissa, I dream of that number (well, I really dream of Get Rich Slowly's 58,000 subscribers).  I do run giveaways every Tuesday so hopefully this will keep the attention of those that sign up for the $25.

 

This money is from my pocket so the reason for the requirement!

Visit me at Weight Chronicles

Follow me on twitter: @Kaylynnakers

Like me on Facebook

Email: admin@weightchronicles.com

9:44 am
December 4, 2010


retireby40

USA

Member

posts 1381

The giveaway sounds good. I'll have to do that when I'm a bit more established.

retire by 40

Twitter: @retirebyforty

Facebook: Retire By 40 

12:39 pm
December 4, 2010


uhnw

Australia

Member

posts 101

I might give that a go as well. However, if we all subscribed to each others feeds that would also help. I make a point of subscribing to other members sites when I come across them.

RSS Feed – Please subscribe

http://www.uhnw.com.au

Twitter http://www.twitter.com/ultahnw

Facebook Profile

 

Being rich is better than being poor – if only for financial reasons. – Woody Allen.

11:36 am
December 8, 2010


Sustainable PF

Member

posts 2759

We were stuck @ 9 for a week, up to 10 as of yesterday.  Thanks to those from this forum who have checked out our site and subscribed!

Visit us at Sustainable Personal Finance

Or Earth and Money

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and RSS!

2:56 pm
December 8, 2010


Aloysa

Member

posts 910

Sustainable PF said:

We were stuck @ 9 for a week, up to 10 as of yesterday.  Thanks to those from this forum who have checked out our site and subscribed!


Mine fluctuates a lot. Feedburner is never stable. Does anyone know why is it?

Creator of:

5:59 pm
December 8, 2010


Eric – PersonalProfitability.com

Portland, OR

Member

posts 2120

The mechanism for reporting RSS subscribers is not very accurate.  Other than e-mail subscribers, Feedburner is making an educated guess more than it is reporting the exact number.  It will fluctuate a lot.

8:25 pm
December 16, 2010


eemusings

Member

posts 45

I don't really take much notice to be honest, although recently I noticed a jump up to about 24 (had been stuck at like 5 and then 10 for ages). I love my Google Reader but I know a lot of people don't use RSS. And I think those peeps are also less likely to comment and engage. For me a big indicator is the number of comments!

Musings of an Abstract Aucklander

Living for today, saving for tomorrow

Also @ Facebook | Twitter

7:12 am
December 17, 2010


Aloysa

Member

posts 910

eemusings said:

I don't really take much notice to be honest, although recently I noticed a jump up to about 24 (had been stuck at like 5 and then 10 for ages). I love my Google Reader but I know a lot of people don't use RSS. And I think those peeps are also less likely to comment and engage. For me a big indicator is the number of comments!


The number of comments is VERY important. I think it is more difficult to get comments than RSS subscribers.

Creator of:

8:53 am
December 17, 2010


Suba @ Wealth Informatics

Moderator

posts 1876

Aloysa said:

eemusings said:

I don't really take much notice to be honest, although recently I noticed a jump up to about 24 (had been stuck at like 5 and then 10 for ages). I love my Google Reader but I know a lot of people don't use RSS. And I think those peeps are also less likely to comment and engage. For me a big indicator is the number of comments!


The number of comments is VERY important. I think it is more difficult to get comments than RSS subscribers.
 


I totally agree. Somehow the comments give so much satisfaction than any other numbers, otherwise I feel like I am talking to myself lol

Visit me @ Wealth Informatics Financial freedom through information

Connect with me via Facebook Wealth Informatics page

Follow me with Twitter

Have a comment or want to say hello – wealth [dot] Informatics [at] gmail [dot] com

Editor @ Broke Professionals

10:33 am
December 18, 2010


Sunil from The Extra Money Blog

Member

posts 362

a simple gesture such as asking your readers to do so helps a lot! offering free products (such as an ebook or report) also helps.  when i release my free report, the word spread like fire and my subscriber count shot up significantly.

The Extra Money Blog– Expedited Wealth Building Through Multiple Streams of Active & Passive Income (Entrepreneurship, Internet Marketing, Personal Finance)

No Tags

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383
Posts: 84794

Membership:

There are 13652 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)