You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

I'm stuck at 106,000 and change

UserPost

10:00 am
June 5, 2011

Little House

posts 652

Thanks for all your comments. I've tried in the past not to worry about the Alexa ranking, but now that it's back up in the low 100's I'm getting excited that I might be able to break it this time.

As for guest posting, I know I really need to ramp this up. This month I will be guest posting at the Yakezie and hopefully Wise Bread again. And I'm participating in the blog swap this month. These actions should help. I just need to find time to do a little more. Smile

As for Sustainable PF and Miss T, I'll email you what I'm thinking about a "going green" give away in a day or so. I'm thinking we could launch it July 1st (that would give us time to gain supporters this month). I'll touch base with you soon.

Little House in the Valley

Saving with a Plan

and Bike Lane Living

email me: contact[at]littlehouseinthevalley[dot]com

7:40 pm
June 9, 2011

Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter

posts 2213

Sustainable PF said:

everydaytips said:

I don't know if this is the right attitude or not, but I have stopped worrying about Alexa.  I was at 50k, dropped to 70k after having to take a little time off, and have not broken 70k in quite awhile. 

What is ironic is my traffic is much higher than it was back when I was at 50k, and my adsense is doing much better too.  So maybe the other positives help me not worry about Alexa.

Agreed.  The more you hang out here, the more people with the toolbar check you out (aside from your core readers).

@Littehouse and @MissT

We might be interested in this giveaway and I suggest we ask Jeff @ sustainablelifeblog too.

I don't have any "goods" to give away right now … but could do a paypal thing.

Sure. A joint giveaway would be really cool. We could all go on the sustainability theme. Has anyone contacted Jeff yet? We could also invite Happy Simple Living, Frugal Confessions, and Mandi Minding Money since they were part of our lifestyle challenge.

Miss T

"Helping you save money, go green, and have fun"

http://www.prairieecothrifter.com

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe to updates

Email me at prairieecothrifter[at]gmail[dot]com

8:27 pm
June 9, 2011

Buy Like Buffett

posts 1682

Promo's are great for helping to boost traffic temporarily.

Mark

Learn how to build wealth at Buy Like Buffett.

Learn about making money online at Mark Riddix dot com

Follow me on Twitter

4:35 pm
June 12, 2011

Little House

posts 652

I think I want to do the give away thing next. I'll be contacting some of you this week (I keep saying this, but really I will!) I like the idea of a "green" promotion or something along these lines. I'll touch base by Tuesday at the latest!

Saving with a Plan

and Bike Lane Living

11:11 am
August 29, 2011

20s Finances

Admin

posts 1147

I visited your site, commented on and tweeted your most recent article. Best of luck.

Corey

20's Finances Passive Income to Retire

Follow Me on Twitter Like 20's Finances at Facebook

Subscribe to Email Updates

20sfinances *at* gmail *dot* com

11:18 am
August 29, 2011

Little House

posts 652

20sfinances said:

I visited your site, commented on and tweeted your most recent article. Best of luck.

Thanks, 20sFinances! I've finally broken my 100K mark thanks to the Yakezie support!

Saving with a Plan

and Bike Lane Living

8:47 am
August 30, 2011

posts 2213

Congrats LH. Time to celebrate.

Miss T

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe to updates

9:06 am
August 30, 2011

Barbara Friedberg

posts 1302

I had to chime in on the traffic thing. Was down in the 80's before my epic move. Now hovering around the 100's. My attitude; like life, weight, luck, the stock market, etc. ups and downs are normal. Keep doing what you do and it will all work out in the long run!!!!

11:24 am
August 30, 2011

Little House

posts 652

Barb Friedberg said:

I had to chime in on the traffic thing. Was down in the 80's before my epic move. Now hovering around the 100's. My attitude; like life, weight, luck, the stock market, etc. ups and downs are normal. Keep doing what you do and it will all work out in the long run!!!!

That's a great way to look at it. I'm starting my final semester at school this week and I'm sure that over the next 4 months I won't be able to give my blog as much love as I have over this summer. Like you said, ups and downs are normal and I shouldn't fret too much. Wink

Thanks again, Barb!

Saving with a Plan

and Bike Lane Living

11:26 am
August 30, 2011

posts 2213

Little House said:

Barb Friedberg said:

That's a great way to look at it. I'm starting my final semester at school this week and I'm sure that over the next 4 months I won't be able to give my blog as much love as I have over this summer. Like you said, ups and downs are normal and I shouldn't fret too much. Wink

Thanks again, Barb!

Yes thanks Barb. I too have a bunch of things taking off this fall and will not be able to be as diligent with my blog either. Thanks for reminding me that is ok.

Miss T

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe to updates

2:19 pm
August 30, 2011

Jeff @ Sustainable Life Blog

posts 964

I may be interested in the giveaway – I'll have to see what I can offer up (though if I won a TJ gift cert, I couldnt use it.  I think the nearest one to me is 3 states away!  

As for your rank, Try advertising it to readers and suggest they download the toolbar if they have not already. 

Jeff 

Sustainable Life Blog 

http://www.sustainablelifeblog.com

twitter.com/sustainlifeblog

2:20 pm
August 30, 2011

Little House

posts 652

Jeff @ Sustainable Life Blog said:

I may be interested in the giveaway – I'll have to see what I can offer up (though if I won a TJ gift cert, I couldnt use it.  I think the nearest one to me is 3 states away!  

As for your rank, Try advertising it to readers and suggest they download the toolbar if they have not already. 

Hi Jeff,

I actually ended up hosting the give away last month. However, it was really successful, so I might decide in late October/early Nov. to host another one before the holidays. I'll keep you in mind!

Saving with a Plan

and Bike Lane Living

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)