You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Blogging Motivation: 5,000+ Words A Week Challenge Is On!

No Tags
UserPost

10:46 pm
January 31, 2013

maria@moneyprinciple

Manchester, UK

posts 679

Yep, very good – taffic has doubled and so has revenue. There is more talk about quality and less about other stuff so the whole development of the blog feels nice.

Sam, I never sent the questions – I'll do tonight, I promise. January has been reallt crazy between day job, blogging and travel (still in the midsts of it).

Maria

10:43 am
February 1, 2013

Pauline

posts 274

Financial Samurai said:

Hi Pauline – don't think I got it? Please resend.

How's everybody's publishing initiatives going for the new year? Good traffic and revenue growth in January hopefully?

I'm definitely going to continue with the 5K published words / week initiative for 2013. Three 1,400-1,500 word posts a week + a shorter post for the weekend sounds like a good balance.

Fight on, and never surrender!

Hi Sam 

I sent it to yakezie at gmail. Where should I resend?

Pauline @ Reach Financial Independence

Yakezie Member Site: 

Reach Financial Independence 

Email:  tdmpauline *at* gmail *dot* com

I am also on Twitter and Facebook

3:01 pm
February 1, 2013

Jake@iHeartBudgets.net

posts 407

Though I didn't hit 5,000 words a week, I did write more than usual, and my traffic has increased by 33%, though I haven't been keeping pace lately because of tax season. April 16th hits, and I'll be back on and shooting for 5,000 words.

Thanks again for the motivation Sam.

10:08 pm
February 1, 2013

Pauline

posts 274

I didn't post my last weeks so here it goes

week 5

13 money resolutions for 2013
#7 make more money 745 
#8 be happy – 582
#9 max it out – 547
#10 stop buying – 1027
friday recap, one less loan and an easy tweet – 872

beef lentils and vegetables soup @if you can read you can cook – 653
reader profile @My personal finance journey – 1612

TOTAL 6038

week 6
13 money resolutions for 2013 
#11 give back – 1073
#12 make a plan – 873
#13 enjoy – 996
friday recap, the city life and a root canal -1141
las mentiras y estafas de Tigo Guatemala – 1399
how to save money on your new house @work save live – 1247

TOTAL 6729

week 7
little house in guatemala week 10/13 -1343
a golden mistake – 355
so the world didn't end. now, what? – 1049
trading currencies as an additional source of income -919
friday recap, two wheels and a swim – 1055

things to know when buying a place and renting out a house @momoneymohouses 759

TOTAL 5477

I haven't focused much on the size of posts lately but see that it becomes easier to write bigger posts. 
My traffic is up about 50% since December with a couple of really great days this past week. 
                                                        Pauline @ Reach Financial Independence

Yakezie Member Site: 

Reach Financial Independence 

Email:  tdmpauline *at* gmail *dot* com

I am also on Twitter and Facebook

1:30 pm
February 4, 2013

Financial Samurai

Admin

posts 1803

The post is up on Yakezie.com! 

"Is The Internet A True Meritocracy?" The topic centers around whether the internet is the best platform that provides a correlation with effort and success.

Have a look, and let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Sam

Financial Samurai - Helping you achieve financial freedom sooner, rather than later.

Yakezie Network Founder 

12:19 pm
April 2, 2013

Brick By Brick Investing

posts 87

Hi all!

Is this challenge still going on? I would like to join if it is.

12:26 pm
April 2, 2013

Financial Samurai

Admin

posts 1803

Hey Marvin,

We aren't doing updates for now, but I've personally continued the 5K a week challenge since the beginning of the year and you are most certainly welcome to participate and report your progress.

We can start again during the summer when vacations and the lazy bug kick in again. The whole point is to work while others are at play and to keep up our motivation!

S

Regards,

Sam

Financial Samurai - Helping you achieve financial freedom sooner, rather than later.

Yakezie Network Founder 

12:40 pm
April 2, 2013

Brick By Brick Investing

posts 87

Financial Samurai said:

Hey Marvin,

We aren't doing updates for now, but I've personally continued the 5K a week challenge since the beginning of the year and you are most certainly welcome to participate and report your progress.

We can start again during the summer when vacations and the lazy bug kick in again. The whole point is to work while others are at play and to keep up our motivation!

S

Perfect! I will definitely try this and report my results, thanks Sam!

8:26 pm
April 2, 2013

OneCentAtatime

Florida, USA

posts 1778

This time, I'll jump in..

SB

One Cent At A Time  (Yakezie Member Site)

http://twitter.com/onlyonecent

onecentatatime@gmail.com

Finance Product Reviews 

https://twitter.com/FPRReviews

6:21 am
April 3, 2013

Brick By Brick Investing

posts 87

OneCentAtatime said:

This time, I'll jump in..

Glad to know someone will be participating along side me. Look forward to seeing your results as well.

8:06 am
May 31, 2013

Financial Samurai

Admin

posts 1803

Post edited 8:30 am – June 1, 2013 by Financial Samurai

How's everybody doing on this Challenge?

With summer upon us, I fear the slacking bug is going to return! I'll be away for roughly five weeks overseas and need some motivation to stay focused. I firmly believe that grit and effort trumps talent any day.

Instead of reporting in weekly, which is kind of a PITA, I'd like for those in the 5K/Week Challenge to report in once on the first of each month and highlight two posts with hyperlinks which you think are your best work w/ Whale Post possibilities. Perhaps your post was highlighted in a major publication, received a huge amount of comments, or said something very unique in the community.

Also part of the Challenge is to work on and successfully launch one project before Labor Day Weekend.

Finally, in the monthly check ins, mention whether you wrote 5K words a week a month or not. If you didn't, please provide your excuses. One last point if you are looking for motivation based on a statistically significant sample set: revenue and viewership are surging higher for those who've committed to this content production challenge since last November, 2012. 

The internet is a meritocracy. Game on!

Regards,

Sam

Yakezie Network Founder 

8:27 am
June 1, 2013

savingadvice

posts 100

Post edited 11:16 am – June 1, 2013 by savingadvice

In definite need of this — I'm in again. It probably makes sense to start a new "Summer 2013" edition thread to this challenge for new people that want to start out. I would also suggest to make it for a specific time period like June 1 through August 31 for those who want to try it out, but don't want to commit doing ti forever. 

While the weekly updates may be a bit much for some, I found them extremely useful — it forced me to constantly review what I was doing throughout the week — and when I failed one week, I was motivated to up the production the next. I have a feeling that if reporting is only once a month, a lot more people won't be as active as last time — just my two cents. 

Challenge Blog 1

12:03 pm
June 1, 2013

maria@moneyprinciple

Manchester, UK

posts 679

I never stopped – my posts are rather legthy; in fact have been doing guest posts and with them am following the same rule.

Maria

2:05 pm
June 1, 2013

Edward Antrobus

Fort Collins, CO

posts 1008

I stopped at the end of the year, but it has certainly been a big help to me. Before the challenge, I was averaging 500 words per post. Now, I'm averaging 700.

I'm looking for editors, beta-readers, and some demographic research for my upcoming novel, Once Upon a Saturn Moon. If you like reading soft sci-fi thrillers, maybe with a touch of romance thrown in, you can find more information at http://seampublishing.com/once…..aturn-moon

If You Can Read, You Can Cookhttp://www.ifyoucanread.com | Think you can't cook? If you can read this sentence, then you can.

SEAM Publishinghttp://www.seampublishing.com | eBook formatting and publishing service

4:59 am
June 2, 2013

Hank Coleman

North Carolina

posts 363

I have to admit that I started this challenge and then absolutely just fell apart. I was awful. 

But, I'm in it again….for real this time. Count me in for the summer. Now I need to come up with a project before Labor Day too! Yikes!

1:47 pm
June 2, 2013

TightFistedMiser

posts 361

I'm doing the challenge for the month of June.  I plan on hiking for a month or two starting in July so I need to get ahead on my posts. 

10:23 pm
July 1, 2013

savingadvice

posts 100

Post edited 10:25 pm – July 1, 2013 by savingadvice

I started a new thread Here to track this months writing word count and already posted my totals there for the month, plus the project that I started. I'm not sure anyone is still doing this besides me, but thought I'd check in here to see.

Challenge Blog 1

No Tags

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)