You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

I broke through 200K in 2.5 months!!!! People it is doable!

No Tags
UserPost

6:23 pm
December 18, 2010

Suba @ Wealth Informatics

posts 1876

retireby40 said:

I'm going to chime in here a bit. Alexa rank is all based on people who has the Alexa toolbar installed.

I'll guess stable 200k = about 20 visitors with toolbar / day.

Basically, if you can get people with Alexa toolbar installed to visit your site everyday, you'll improve very quickly. Hence it is good to make friends with readers who has the toolbar installed OR get your friends to install the toolbar. IMHO

If 99% of your readers do not have the toolbar installed, your Alexa ranking won't improve very quickly.

Is this true? I think so.

Case in point – look at the Yakezie Alexa Rank – #16,885. I'm pretty sure everyone here has the Alexa toolbar installed and that pushes the ranking tremendously. 

I agree. The correlation is more people with Alexa tool bar, the lower your alexa. So if your blog is a popular one among the bloggers (like the Yakezie) or the web masters the ranking will go down very quickly. As far as other visitors, Alexa guesstimates and it does a horrible job. Even if they don't have the toolbar but they get redicted by Alexa url (that is change all your backlinks to some goofy alexa.com/redirect?www.yoururl.com) it gets registered, but then you will loose the battle with google.

To give another example, on the opposite spectrum of Yakezie's alexa rank, I get >300 visitors everyday, but my alexa is  ~160000. Most of my visitors are from google and email subscription.

Visit me @ Wealth Informatics Financial freedom through information

Connect with me via Facebook Wealth Informatics page

Follow me with Twitter

Have a comment or want to say hello – wealth [dot] Informatics [at] gmail [dot] com

Editor @ Broke Professionals

7:05 pm
December 19, 2010

Derek@LifeAndMyFinances

posts 1298

I thought I congratulated you, but I can't find it! So, CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't wait to get there, but I know you deserved it. You've done some great work on that site! :)

Derek @ Life And My Finances 

Twitter: http://twitter.com/LAMFinances

Email: derek@lifeandmyfinances.com

8:52 pm
December 19, 2010

Sustainable PF

posts 2759

Suba @ Wealth Informatics said:

retireby40 said:

I'm going to chime in here a bit. Alexa rank is all based on people who has the Alexa toolbar installed.

I'll guess stable 200k = about 20 visitors with toolbar / day.

Basically, if you can get people with Alexa toolbar installed to visit your site everyday, you'll improve very quickly. Hence it is good to make friends with readers who has the toolbar installed OR get your friends to install the toolbar. IMHO

If 99% of your readers do not have the toolbar installed, your Alexa ranking won't improve very quickly.

Is this true? I think so.

Case in point – look at the Yakezie Alexa Rank – #16,885. I'm pretty sure everyone here has the Alexa toolbar installed and that pushes the ranking tremendously. 

I agree. The correlation is more people with Alexa tool bar, the lower your alexa. So if your blog is a popular one among the bloggers (like the Yakezie) or the web masters the ranking will go down very quickly. As far as other visitors, Alexa guesstimates and it does a horrible job. Even if they don't have the toolbar but they get redicted by Alexa url (that is change all your backlinks to some goofy alexa.com/redirect?www.yoururl.com) it gets registered, but then you will loose the battle with google.

To give another example, on the opposite spectrum of Yakezie's alexa rank, I get >300 visitors everyday, but my alexa is  ~160000. Most of my visitors are from google and email subscription.

Big difference between where your visitors come from and things like Alexa rank or Google Rank.  It is well documented that Google rank has been abandoned so new metrics are required.

Visit us at Sustainable Personal Finance

Or Earth and Money

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and RSS!

2:28 am
December 20, 2010

uhnw

Australia

posts 101

Thats fantastic news. I have always loved your posts. Must come from being a fellow accountant.

RSS Feed – Please subscribe

http://www.uhnw.com.au

Twitter http://www.twitter.com/ultahnw

Facebook Profile

Being rich is better than being poor – if only for financial reasons. – Woody Allen.

7:53 am
December 20, 2010

Aloysa

posts 910

uhnw said:

Thats fantastic news. I have always loved your posts. Must come from being a fellow accountant.

Haha! Thank you!

Creator of:

No Tags

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)