You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Yakezie Challengers Forum

UserPost

1:44 pm
January 18, 2014

krantcents

posts 909

Charles@gettingarichlife.com said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm Charles a blogger out of Hawaii.  After consistently blogging again a few months ago I want to expand my network.  I write about investing, real estate, and wealth building ideas often with a contrarian view point.  If anyone has any investment questions please stop by.

My Alexa Ranking is 103,271, and I blog at gettingarichlife.com.   My Twitter feed is Getarichlife.   I will be adding a post this week declaring my challenge, look forward to meeting with some of you.

Welcome aboard

krantcents  – Making Sense of Money

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/krantcents

Follow me onTwitter:  @krantcents

RSS feed: krantcents

5:28 pm
January 18, 2014

Small Business Billionaire

posts 28

MoneyAhoy said:

Small Business Billionaire said:

MoneyAhoy said:

MoneyAhoy.com has made it from ~200,000 to around 173,000 now.  Thanks for everyone's help and support to get this far :-)

Congratulations Money Ahoy…do you see any difference?  Is there a bump in traffic under 200,000?  Do you see affiliate income jump?  I'm curious…

SBB,

I have experienced an increase in traffic, but I think this was the cause of getting under 200,000, not a result.  Ad income has gone from $5 a month to about $30 – $35 a month now.  Also, I got a PR4, so I've got a couple sponsored posts where folks/companies are paying $150 – $200 a post.  Affiliate income from amazon product seems to be extremely variable.

The best part of the whole blogging experience is that it has really forced me to save money, get better about investing, and forced me to achieve my stretch goals.  I hope that it is also helping people to do the same.  The income is just a real small side benefit so far :-)

That's great Money Ahoy, I see that too.  The best part of this for me has been learning both from other blogs, as well as learning about the blogging process.  Thanks for your insight…it'll give me more fuel to get under 200k!  

7:18 pm
January 18, 2014

Charles@gettingarichlife.com

posts 4

Thanks Krant Cents, I really enjoy your blog.  it was one of the first ones I read.   SBB you're almost to 200K so keep it up. 

6:20 pm
January 19, 2014

Broke Millennial

posts 1

Hi Everyone – I'm Erin from the blog Broke Millennial. I'm ashamed it's taken me this long to sign up for the Yakezie Challenge! As of January 19 I have an Alexa rank of 109,954. My goal is to be under 50,000 in six months. My site has a large emphasis on financial literacy and touches on the trials and tribulations of living in NYC when your income is laughably low. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know those PFers I haven't interacted with yet and finding more great material to read. The quickest way to connect with me is on Twitter @BrokeMillennial.

9:09 am
January 20, 2014

Bre @ The Weight Of Debt

posts 16

Post edited 9:26 am – January 20, 2014 by Bre

Hello All! I joined the Yakezie Challenge today, January 20, 2014! As of today my Alexa Traffic Rank is 1,950,443. Traffic for the US is 208,689. I have a long way to go to get to 200,000.

I started a blog on December 16, 2013 about my journey to become debt free from my crippling student loan debt. I went to a for profit university to follow my dreams and am now drowning in student debt. But I just recently dipped below 89K and I am ecstatic for this new journey. I am blogging about ways to save and make extra money. From couponing to making extra income using my art skills. Come visit me at http://theweightofdebt.com/! 

1:27 pm
January 20, 2014

Lauren@TheWriteBudget

posts 11

Hi everyone!

My name is Lauren, and I'm brand new to the challenge.  I blog at writebudget.com.  My current global rank on Alexa is 13,387,022.  It's actually gone down since I wrote my post this morning, which is pretty exciting, haha.

I've been a freelance writer for the last few years and have also blogged in another niche.  I really love reading personal finance blogs, so I decided that it was time to start my own.  I plan to use it to share my experiences with freelancing, as well as to share about my love of budgeting and working towards financial goals.  I'm looking forward to reaching out to other bloggers in the community Smile

Blog: The Write Budget

Twitter

Google +

4:39 pm
January 20, 2014

MoneyAhoy

posts 31

Welcome Broke Millennial, Bre, and Lauren!  Good luck – I'm checking out your blogs now!  You guys should fix up your signatures with link to your site, twitter, etc. :-)

MoneyAhoy.com

Money Saving, Making Money, and Investment Ideas

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

RSS

4:51 pm
January 20, 2014

Brian@Luke1428

posts 69

Welcome to the challenge Broke Millennial, Bre and Lauren! Looking forward to interacting with you in the coming months. I'm checking on your sites and will connect with you on Twitter. Good luck!

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

Connect with me on Twitter

Email: bfourman96@gmail.com

January 20, 2014

krantcents

posts 909

Lauren@TheWriteBudget said:

Hi everyone!

My name is Lauren, and I'm brand new to the challenge.  I blog at writebudget.com.  My current global rank on Alexa is 13,387,022.  It's actually gone down since I wrote my post this morning, which is pretty exciting, haha.

I've been a freelance writer for the last few years and have also blogged in another niche.  I really love reading personal finance blogs, so I decided that it was time to start my own.  I plan to use it to share my experiences with freelancing, as well as to share about my love of budgeting and working towards financial goals.  I'm looking forward to reaching out to other bloggers in the community Smile

Welcome aboard

January 20, 2014

krantcents

posts 909

Broke Millennial said:

Hi Everyone – I'm Erin from the blog Broke Millennial. I'm ashamed it's taken me this long to sign up for the Yakezie Challenge! As of January 19 I have an Alexa rank of 109,954. My goal is to be under 50,000 in six months. My site has a large emphasis on financial literacy and touches on the trials and tribulations of living in NYC when your income is laughably low. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know those PFers I haven't interacted with yet and finding more great material to read. The quickest way to connect with me is on Twitter @BrokeMillennial.

Welcome aboard

January 20, 2014

krantcents

posts 909

Broke Millennial said:

Welcome aboard

6:22 pm
January 20, 2014

krantcents

posts 909

Bre said:

Hello All! I joined the Yakezie Challenge today, January 20, 2014! As of today my Alexa Traffic Rank is 1,950,443. Traffic for the US is 208,689. I have a long way to go to get to 200,000.

I started a blog on December 16, 2013 about my journey to become debt free from my crippling student loan debt. I went to a for profit university to follow my dreams and am now drowning in student debt. But I just recently dipped below 89K and I am ecstatic for this new journey. I am blogging about ways to save and make extra money. From couponing to making extra income using my art skills. Come visit me at http://theweightofdebt.com/! 

Welcome aboard

6:37 pm
January 20, 2014

Small Business Billionaire

posts 28

Lauren@TheWriteBudget said:

Hi everyone!

Welcome Bre, Lauren, and Broke Millenial! 

7:45 pm
January 20, 2014

Money Counselor

posts 233

Wow, it's been a good couple of days for newcomers! Welcome Erin, Bre, and Lauren. Erin, looks like you've already achieved considerable success, congrats! Bre and Lauren, have fun on your run to 200,000. I'll be visiting, and I've followed each of you. Best wishes!

Make Better Money Decisions

Facebook  Twitter  Google+  RSS

kurt@mymoneycounselor.com

7:37 am
January 21, 2014

Save-Invest-Grow

WI

posts 2

Great to see more people joining the challenge!  Thanks to those who have connected with me so far.  Good luck to the new challengers.  I look forward to following your sites! 

Michael at Save-Invest-Grow

http://www.saveinvestgrow.com

Twitter  Facebook   RSS  Email

1:11 pm
January 21, 2014

debtroundup

Raleigh

posts 190

Broke Millennial said:

Welcome to the challenge Erin!

Debt Roundup | Sprout Wealth | Empowered Shopper

Connect with me on Twitter and Facebook

2:44 pm
January 21, 2014

Charles@gettingarichlife.com

posts 4

Hey Erin, Bre and Lauren.  The challenge is definitely a great way to meet others on this blogging journey.  Good luck.

6:25 am
January 25, 2014

MoneyAhoy

posts 31

MoneyAhoy said:

MoneyAhoy said:

MoneyAhoy.com has made it from ~200,000 to around 173,000 now.  Thanks for everyone's help and support to get this far :-)

Congratulations Money Ahoy…do you see any difference?  Is there a bump in traffic under 200,000?  Do you see affiliate income jump?  I'm curious…

SBB,

I have experienced an increase in traffic, but I think this was the cause of getting under 200,000, not a result.  Ad income has gone from $5 a month to about $30 – $35 a month now.  Also, I got a PR4, so I've got a couple sponsored posts where folks/companies are paying $150 – $200 a post.  Affiliate income from amazon product seems to be extremely variable.

The best part of the whole blogging experience is that it has really forced me to save money, get better about investing, and forced me to achieve my stretch goals.  I hope that it is also helping people to do the same.  The income is just a real small side benefit so far :-)

That's great Money Ahoy, I see that too.  The best part of this for me has been learning both from other blogs, as well as learning about the blogging process.  Thanks for your insight…it'll give me more fuel to get under 200k!  

SBB – no problem and good luck!  Let me know if you have any other questions.

MoneyAhoy.com

Money Saving, Making Money, and Investment Ideas

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

RSS

2:45 pm
January 27, 2014

allaboutinterest

posts 15

Welcome Broke Millennial, Bre and Lauren! Just for a reference, I started the challenge on 01/09 and have gone from 432k to 230k currently.  I'm also posting at least 4 times per week so that helps.  

5:44 pm
January 27, 2014

NomadWallet

posts 7

Hi everyone, I'm Deia from Nomad Wallet. I write about travel and money, exploring the ways regular people afford travel. Travel is a big passion for me and I was frustrated by how little travelers reveal about how they finance their trips. Some recurring topics: alternative accommodation & transport options, saving money, location-independent work and working abroad. I also do a lot of interviews with travelers about how they handle their finances.

My blog is four months old, almost to the day. My Alexa rank is 513,651 and I'll get it under 200,000 by the end of July. My unique visitors figure has been growing by 80% every month and I'm hoping for this trend to continue.

I guess my blog is a little different in that it's not all about personal finance; I hope that's okay. You seem like a friendly lot and I can't wait to get to know you! :)

I'm announcing my joining the Yakezie challenge at the end of this post (set to publish tomorrow): http://www.nomadwallet.com/why…..ns-studies

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)