You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Yakezie Challengers Forum

UserPost

5:57 am
March 14, 2014

MoneyAhoy

posts 31

Quick question – does anyone have any experience with Hellobar and using it to get people to opt into their email list?

I'm having a devil of a time getting anyone to join my newsletter.  I'm probably the world's worst at marketing, so it's hard for me to see what I'm doing wrong.  Can anyone give me any advice or tips?  I'm not trying to build a list to spam anyone, I just have WYSIJA setup to auto-email out a weekly post update every Monday to increase retention…

-Thanks!

MoneyAhoy.com

Money Saving, Making Money, and Investment Ideas

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

RSS

6:01 am
March 14, 2014

TrendyCheapo

posts 8

moneystepper said:

Welcome to the forums Taylor and good luck with the challenge.

I've just checked out your site and really like the style – very on trend! True to name!! :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Lots of sleepless nights went into that design LOL glad you like! Laugh

6:05 am
March 14, 2014

TrendyCheapo

posts 8

Big Guy Money said:

Haha, sorry about that!!!  The site is http://www.bigguymoney.com!  Thanks for stopping by and let me know what you think!

Great site! Love your family photo on top!

4:51 pm
March 14, 2014

krantcents

posts 909

TrendyCheapo said:

Hi everyone!

My names Taylor and I'm joining challenge! Woop woop! Laugh My website is http://www.trendycheapo.com.

My mission with Trendy Cheapo is to take the boring and scary away from personal finance for Millenials. The future for us is bleak, but with a little ambition, elbow grease, and determination we can build ourselves a comfortable existence.

So excited to join this challenge and network with such a cool niche. I've interacted through social media with some members and I can't wait to create bonds with those I don't yet know.

My Alexa score is 3,433,027. Surprised Yup! Got some work to do.

Happy to be here!

Taylor

Welcome aboard

krantcents  – Making Sense of Money

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/krantcents

Follow me onTwitter:  @krantcents

RSS feed: krantcents

4:08 am
March 16, 2014

Brian@Luke1428

posts 69

TrendyCheapo said:

Hi everyone!

My names Taylor and I'm joining challenge! Woop woop! Laugh My website is http://www.trendycheapo.com.

My mission with Trendy Cheapo is to take the boring and scary away from personal finance for Millenials. The future for us is bleak, but with a little ambition, elbow grease, and determination we can build ourselves a comfortable existence.

So excited to join this challenge and network with such a cool niche. I've interacted through social media with some members and I can't wait to create bonds with those I don't yet know.

Happy to be here!

Taylor

Welcome to the challenge Taylor! Love the mission you've set for Trendy Cheapo. Best of luck and I'll connect with you on Twitter. 

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

Connect with me on Twitter

Email: bfourman96@gmail.com

9:25 am
March 16, 2014

TrendyCheapo

posts 8

Brian@Luke1428 said:

TrendyCheapo said:

Hi everyone!

Happy to be here!

Taylor

Welcome to the challenge Taylor! Love the mission you've set for Trendy Cheapo. Best of luck and I'll connect with you on Twitter. 

Thanks Brian!!! 

10:16 am
March 18, 2014

Money Counselor

posts 233

TrendyCheapo said:

Hi everyone!

Happy to be here!

Taylor

Welcome Taylor, and best of luck. I'm not getting your site to open just now, but when I do I'll subscribe, follow, and all that jazz. Looking forward to reading and commenting on your stuff.

Make Better Money Decisions

Facebook  Twitter  Google+  RSS

kurt@mymoneycounselor.com

1:28 pm
March 18, 2014

TrendyCheapo

posts 8

Money Counselor said:

TrendyCheapo said:

Hi everyone!

Happy to be here!

Taylor

Welcome Taylor, and best of luck. I'm not getting your site to open just now, but when I do I'll subscribe, follow, and all that jazz. Looking forward to reading and commenting on your stuff.

Thanks Kurt! If you have problems with the site let me know. I just re-launched last week and there may be a few kinks to work out. I'll check out yours as well!

11:15 pm
March 18, 2014

Untemplater

posts 400

Welcome Taylor!

Sydney at Untemplater

Blog: http://untemplater.com

Twitter: @untemplater  @syduntemplater

Facebook: Like Untemplater's Page  Friend Sydney

Work where you want…Live how you want…Be who you want to be

1:01 pm
March 20, 2014

thebrokeprofessional

posts 4

Hello all.  Been having a great time trying to improve my site since I started the challenge a few months ago.  But have also been having a heck of a time progressing in rank lately.  I've been posting 2-3 times a week for the most part and trying to connect more on twitter.  I can't seem to get beyond  230k-250k (today I even went down to 260k! I'm not sure why though since my visits are going up gradually.)

In any case, any suggestions?  Thanks!

-Syed

12:24 am
March 24, 2014

Untemplater

posts 400

thebrokeprofessional said:

Hello all.  Been having a great time trying to improve my site since I started the challenge a few months ago.  But have also been having a heck of a time progressing in rank lately.  I've been posting 2-3 times a week for the most part and trying to connect more on twitter.  I can't seem to get beyond  230k-250k (today I even went down to 260k! I'm not sure why though since my visits are going up gradually.)

-Syed

Don't be so hard on yourself. These things just take time sometimes and there's no magic solution or number. That's good you're posting 2-3 times a week. What's your average post length? Are you taking any time getting to know other challengers and members and making comment rounds?

Sydney at Untemplater

Blog: http://untemplater.com

Twitter: @untemplater  @syduntemplater

Facebook: Like Untemplater's Page  Friend Sydney

Work where you want…Live how you want…Be who you want to be

11:55 am
March 24, 2014

Money Counselor

posts 233

-Syed

In my limited experience (not to mention success Confused) Alexa rank is strongly affected by commenting. Do an experiment: make an extraordinary number of comments for a couple of weeks, then make no comments for a couple of weeks and observe how your ranking reacts.

Make Better Money Decisions

Facebook  Twitter  Google+  RSS

kurt@mymoneycounselor.com

7:15 pm
March 24, 2014

thebrokeprofessional

posts 4

Thanks for the advice and encouragement.  You're right I could do some more commenting I will try to increase that and see what happens.  Much appreciated.

7:54 pm
March 24, 2014

BudgetingforMore

posts 22

I agree with Money Counselor, commenting can make a huge difference. Just keep on writing! You will get there!

Budgeting for More

Building our nest one dollar at a time

Twitter: @BudgetForMore

budgetformore[at]gmail.com

5:23 am
March 25, 2014

Brian@Luke1428

posts 69

-Syed

I don't think what you are experiencing is that uncommon. My ranking stalled several times along the way. Even now it fluctuates depending on how active I am. Also I believe the Alexa ranking is based on a three month average. So what happened several months ago could still be impacting your ranking today.

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

Connect with me on Twitter

Email: bfourman96@gmail.com

6:54 am
March 25, 2014

moneystepper

posts 182

Agreed. The one biggest difference I noted in my alexa ranking came from commenting (upto 50 comments per day) on fellow blogs/sites.

11:20 am
March 25, 2014

thefrugalweds

posts 32

moneystepper said:

I've just checked out your site and really like the style – very on trend! True to name!! :)

Welcome to the Challenge, Taylor!! We'll be sure to visit your blog and keep tabs on your progress :-) 

Laugh

anneli&carlos of thefrugalweds
blogging at: http://www.thefrugalweds.com
tweeting as: @thefrugalweds
liking as: http://www.facebook.com/thefrugalweds
living in: Sunny fLOSs Angeles

5:54 am
March 26, 2014

MoneyAhoy

posts 31

moneystepper said:

Agreed. The one biggest difference I noted in my alexa ranking came from commenting (upto 50 comments per day) on fellow blogs/sites.

Holy cow!! 50 comments per day?!?  I guess I need to pick up the slack :-)

MoneyAhoy.com

Money Saving, Making Money, and Investment Ideas

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

RSS

6:00 am
March 26, 2014

TrendyCheapo

posts 8

MoneyAhoy said:

moneystepper said:

Holy cow!! 50 comments per day?!?  I guess I need to pick up the slack :-)

I know I feel the same way! Maybe 25 in the morning and 25 at night. Mmmm something to think about.

6:01 am
March 26, 2014

TrendyCheapo

posts 8

thefrugalweds said:

moneystepper said:

Welcome to the Challenge, Taylor!! We'll be sure to visit your blog and keep tabs on your progress :-) 

Laugh

Thanks for the warm well! Glad to be here!

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)