You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Yakezie Challengers Forum

UserPost

8:55 pm
January 27, 2015

misfitmoney

Dallas, TX

posts 11

Here we go!

My name is Ben Hubbard, and I recently returned from the Middle East after spending more than 5 years as an expat Engineer in the remote deserts of Saudi Arabia and Mongolia. I started Misfit Money with a close friend and am excited to join the Yakezie Challenge. We offer a unique perspective on working overseas to get ahead financially and what it can do for you.

I hope you enjoy the site, and any feedback is welcomed!

Sad to say I don't even have a Alex Ranking, but I will be sure to post it once we do (confirming). 

http://www.misfitmoney.com

Connect with us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

5:54 am
January 28, 2015

Brian@Luke1428

posts 69

emma_healey said:

Hi everyone,

My name is Emma. I'm from New Zealand and I have been blogging for over a year. I recently rebranded my blog to focus more on personal finance and money around the world. I have been travelling with my family since my son was four months old. My big focus for 2015 is to build a location independent income from investments so we can keep travelling. We are currently in Spain.

I'm looking forward to taking part in the challenge. My Alexa rank is over 15 million so I'm hopeful that'll go down soon.

Cheers,

Emma

Welcome Emma! That sounds like a fun lifestyle and a great concept for a blog. Best of luck with the challenge and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. I'll connect up with you on Twitter.

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

Connect with me on Twitter

Email: bfourman96@gmail.com

5:58 am
January 28, 2015

Brian@Luke1428

posts 69

misfitmoney said:

Here we go!

My name is Ben Hubbard, and I recently returned from the Middle East after spending more than 5 years as an expat Engineer in the remote deserts of Saudi Arabia and Mongolia. I started Misfit Money with a close friend and am excited to join the Yakezie Challenge. We offer a unique perspective on working overseas to get ahead financially and what it can do for you.

Sad to say I don't even have a Alex Ranking, but I will be sure to post it once we do (confirming). 

Welcome to the challenge Ben! The challenge is definitely worth it. Feel free to ask any questions along the way. Where can we connect with you on social media?

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

7:16 am
January 28, 2015

krantcents

posts 909

Welcome aboard.

krantcents  – Making Sense of Money

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/krantcents

Follow me onTwitter:  @krantcents

RSS feed: krantcents

7:25 am
January 28, 2015

misfitmoney

Dallas, TX

posts 11

Brian@Luke1428 said:

misfitmoney said:

Here we go!

Welcome to the challenge Ben! The challenge is definitely worth it. Feel free to ask any questions along the way. Where can we connect with you on social media?

Thanks! I just updated my signature to include the social media pages. I attempted to load a profile image, but it appears there is an issue with doing so at this point. I will let Sam know. Look forward to the journey!

http://www.misfitmoney.com

Connect with us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

3:22 pm
February 24, 2015

Moneysma

posts 165

misfitmoney said:

Here we go!

Welcome to the challenge!! You'll find all of the members to be helpful in answering questions and even allowing for guest posting opportunities. Don't be too shy to ask anything!

1:06 am
February 25, 2015

Just Plain Marie

posts 3

I somehow managed to miss this thread when I wondered if the Challenge was still active.

I'm Marie. We're off-grid homesteaders, blogging about preparedness and sometimes very hard-core frugality. I've been working at figuring out what exactly I offer my readers. I finally figured it out while talking to someone today. I help my readers learn how to be rich, no matter what their income is, through good money management, frugality, increasing skills, etc.

At the moment, my global Alexa is 629,988. I will soon be adding the Alexa button to my site. I recall years ago (this is my second attempt!) that there was a list of things that we should be doing. Is that still around?

1:06 am
February 25, 2015

Just Plain Marie

posts 3

I somehow managed to miss this thread when I wondered if the Challenge was still active.

I'm Marie. We're off-grid homesteaders, blogging about preparedness and sometimes very hard-core frugality. I've been working at figuring out what exactly I offer my readers. I finally figured it out while talking to someone today. I help my readers learn how to be rich, no matter what their income is, through good money management, frugality, increasing skills, etc.

At the moment, my global Alexa is 629,988. I will soon be adding the Alexa button to my site. I recall years ago (this is my second attempt!) that there was a list of things that we should be doing. Is that still around?

7:58 pm
April 15, 2015

Walletengineers

posts 1

Post edited 7:59 pm – April 15, 2015 by Walletengineers

Joining the challenge!

Almost two years blogging, time for Yakezie in my life.

I'm Chad, I'm one of the Wallet Engineers. We used to be two, but Wallet Engineer #2 had a kid and got a rental property so he is busy.

I write about stocks, budgets, personal finances, taxes, frugality, and best of all early retirement.

Thanks,

WE

9:31 am
April 16, 2015

Barbara Friedberg

posts 1302

Very cool! Looking forward to getting to know your site:)

4:39 pm
April 16, 2015

krantcents

posts 909

Walletengineers said:

Joining the challenge!

I'm Chad, I'm one of the Wallet Engineers. We used to be two, but Wallet Engineer #2 had a kid and got a rental property so he is busy.

I write about stocks, budgets, personal finances, taxes, frugality, and best of all early retirement.

Thanks,

WE

Welcome aboard

krantcents  – Making Sense of Money

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/krantcents

Follow me onTwitter:  @krantcents

RSS feed: krantcents

9:13 pm
April 19, 2015

Brian@Luke1428

posts 69

Walletengineers said:

Joining the challenge!

Thanks,

WE

Welcome to the challenge Chad! I'll check out your site and connect with you on Twitter. Best of luck!

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

1:43 pm
April 27, 2015

Moneysma

posts 165

Walletengineers said:

Joining the challenge!

Thanks,

WE

Glad to have you on board…I'll be sure to check out your site and connect with you socially.

6:31 am
May 7, 2015

Money Peach

Phoenix

posts 1

Post edited 6:34 am – May 7, 2015 by Money Peach

Hi everyone!

My name is Chris and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I just started my blog 5 weeks ago on May 24th, 2015. My Alexa ranking is 9,219,950 (I didn't know it could go that high!). Looking forward to networking and building a better presence in the blogging world.

Thanks for reading!

Chris Peach

http://www.moneypeach.com

http://www.facebook.com/themoneypeach

http://www.twitter.com/themoneypeach

6:54 am
June 1, 2015

Gary@SuperSavingTips

New Jersey

posts 4

Hey all,

I'm Gary Weiner and I've been blogging at Super Saving Tips for a year now. What started out as a place to share my money saving tips and ideas has expanded into a broader personal finance blog where I can share the things I've learned in my life. My Alexa rank has bounced around from 2.5 million to over 10 million and now has settled in at 3,274,258 today. I have a ways to go to get under 200k, but I'm looking forward to the challenge!

A bit about me…I spent my working years in retail (department stores and supermarkets) and banking with a bit of financial planning. I am "retired" now and live in NJ with my wife. While I never had a mountain of debt, both my wife and I have health issues that both limit our income and increase our expenses. In a situation where many would be on the verge of bankruptcy, I'm proud to say we've managed to make our finances work.

I've enjoyed many of your blogs and I'm really looking forward to connecting with you all.

Regards,
Gary

Super Saving Tips

Connect with me on
Facebook, Google+, Twitter, RSS

4:55 pm
June 3, 2015

Barbara Friedberg

posts 1302

Hi Gary and all of the new challengers,

Welcome to each and every one of you. We're excited to have you participating in this helpful and engaging forum.

Warm regards to all,

Barbara

8:48 am
July 1, 2015

Simple. Thrifty. Living.

posts 3

Post edited 8:51 am – July 1, 2015 by Simple. Thrifty. Living.

Hi everyone!

My name is Jeff Hunter and I run a blog called Simple. Thrifty. Living. (simplethriftyliving.com). We are excited to join the Challenge! Our current Alexa ranking is 206,915, but we're hoping to break 200,000 soon. We've seen many of your blogs in passing but are really excited to actually get the chance to work with all of you. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help our fellow Challengers out and we will be happy to help!

Jeff

4:49 am
July 4, 2015

colormefrugal

posts 99

Welcome Jeff! I tried to check out your blog but for some reason that link kept pointing me back to the Yakezie home page. Could you fill out your signature info in settings so that we can all come visit? Looks like you're doing awesome on Alexa so far!!

Dee @ Color Me Frugal

8:04 am
July 4, 2015

Simple. Thrifty. Living.

posts 3

Thanks for the info, Dee! I wasn't completely sure how to get the signature set up. :)

2:21 pm
July 6, 2015

ActiveWits

San Jose, CA

posts 2

Hi Everyone, My name is Nelson Hsu and I just joined the Yakezie challenge.  The first post on my blog was 6/24/15.  Alexa ranking is 10.5M …lol

• email: activewits [at] activewits
  • Twitter: @activewits
  • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ActiveWitsCom/419373774912115
  • My blog is like a newsfeed where I post about stuff that interests me but I commit to writing 2 to 4 money related articles per week.
  • Hoping to meet people with similar interests and maybe make new friends.
  • I posted my first financial post yesterday where I discuss what money means to me.  I have an economic mindset.  If people are interested in posting my article on their own websites you can contact me: activewits [at] activewits
  • You can read article here –  http://www.activewits.com/what-is-money-how-do-you-think-about-it/
Best!Cool

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)