You must be logged in to post Login


Lost Your Password?

Search Forums:


 






Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Yakezie Challengers Forum

UserPost

2:01 pm
August 13, 2014


Tre

Member

posts 10

Post edited 2:05 pm – August 13, 2014 by Tre


Melissa @ Sunburnt Saver said:

Hey everyone! My name is Melissa, and I just started blogging about a month ago at Sunburnt Saver (sunburntsaver.com).

 

I'm so excited to be a part of the Yakezie Challenge! I've followed a lot of personal finance blogs for some time now, and it was always my goal to join the Yakezie Challenge once I got the hang of blogging regularly down. :)

 

My stats as of right now are: 398,747 Alexa ranking, with a US ranking of 32,398. I blog about personal finance with an emphasis on saving and living frugally. I've got crazy (to me) student loan debt, so part of the reason I started blogging was to become part of a community that a) understands the limitations of living within their means and b) enjoys personal finance, frugality, and saving. And, of course, likes enjoying life and traveling when possible! :)

 

I look forward to getting to know you all more, and any tips or recommendations you have for me (new blogger) would be much appreciated!

 

Welcome to the challenge Melissa! I look forward to reading your blog. 

2:07 pm
August 13, 2014


Tre

Member

posts 10

Ricky @ The Skint Dad Blog said:

Hi Guys,

 

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm a personal finance blogger from the UK and today I have joined the Yakezie Challenge. I been a blogger for a year this month and have had reasonable success. I wanted a new challenge and I believe Yakezie is it. 

 

My current Alexa rank is 147,151 and my goal is to get below 100,00 within the 6 months. I've published a post today which announces that I have joined the Yakezie Challenge which you can read here

 

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while but I now look forward to becoming part of the Yakezie community.

 

- Ricky (aka Skint Dad)

 

Welcome to the challenge! Can't wait to read your blog!

1:05 pm
August 17, 2014


Melissa @ Sunburnt Saver

New Member

posts 2

Thank you so much, Tre!

 

Tre said:

Melissa @ Sunburnt Saver said:

Hey everyone! My name is Melissa, and I just started blogging about a month ago at Sunburnt Saver (sunburntsaver.com).

 

I'm so excited to be a part of the Yakezie Challenge! I've followed a lot of personal finance blogs for some time now, and it was always my goal to join the Yakezie Challenge once I got the hang of blogging regularly down. :)

 

My stats as of right now are: 398,747 Alexa ranking, with a US ranking of 32,398. I blog about personal finance with an emphasis on saving and living frugally. I've got crazy (to me) student loan debt, so part of the reason I started blogging was to become part of a community that a) understands the limitations of living within their means and b) enjoys personal finance, frugality, and saving. And, of course, likes enjoying life and traveling when possible! :)

 

I look forward to getting to know you all more, and any tips or recommendations you have for me (new blogger) would be much appreciated!

 

Welcome to the challenge Melissa! I look forward to reading your blog. 

2:14 am
August 18, 2014


Ricky @ The Skint Dad Blog

Kent, England

Member

posts 7

Mom Cents said:

Ricky @ The Skint Dad Blog said:

Hi Guys,

 

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm a personal finance blogger from the UK and today I have joined the Yakezie Challenge. I been a blogger for a year this month and have had reasonable success. I wanted a new challenge and I believe Yakezie is it. 

 

My current Alexa rank is 147,151 and my goal is to get below 100,00 within the 6 months. I've published a post today which announces that I have joined the Yakezie Challenge which you can read here

 

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while but I now look forward to becoming part of the Yakezie community.

 

- Ricky (aka Skint Dad)

Welcome!  I like the look\layout of your site!

Thanks Mom Cents! Likewise with your site. Laugh

9:58 am
August 23, 2014


Ben Luthi

Member

posts 49

I started the challenge originally a year ago, but had to take a hiatus after just a few months. I probably should have re-joined when I started back up again in April with a 600,000+ rank, but oh well! I'm currently at 180,548 and am ready to get below 100,000!

10:59 pm
August 23, 2014


ChristenWypy

Member

posts 17

Post edited 11:02 pm – August 23, 2014 by ChristenWypy


Hi.  A few minutes ago I wrote a very long post here giving you all my blogger life story.  Somehow it disappeared, it seems. Isn't that always the way?  So, I will now post a shorter version, which is probably better for everyone :)

 

I actually undertook my own personal Alexa Challenge back in March.  I blogged about this. However, I am not sure if I should post the link because I suspect that might be why my post disappeared before.  Suffice to say that in March my rank was 2.3 million globally and over 300K in the US.  Today my rank is 144K globally and 30K for the US.

 

I have been blogging for a very long time (over ten years) but really only committed to it 100% (I dropped all my other work at home jobs) for a little over a year. 

 

I look forward to being a part of this community and connecting with others.  I'd love to read and comment on other blogs and share them, too!  Is there a specific forum I should be heading to so that I can do this?  I am literally brand new and still feeling my way around.

5:35 am
August 24, 2014


OneCentAtatime

Florida, USA

Member

posts 1778

Welcome, to stat with i have a very basic question, you seem to have started in 2007 with this blog but your PR is 0. Are you under a Google penalty? Asking because we could help you recover that.

You'll love it here in Yakezie, although the forums are not as active as it once were. But you'll get wealth of knowledge in the archive forum threads.

SB

One Cent At A Time  (Yakezie Member Site)

 

http://twitter.com/onlyonecent

onecentatatime@gmail.com

Finance Product Reviews 

 

https://twitter.com/FPRReviews

10:41 am
August 24, 2014


ChristenWypy

Member

posts 17

I wish I knew. I have been trying so hard to get ranked by Google. 

 

Most of my traffic comes from Google.  I come up in searches and some of my blog posts are in the top 5. Would that happen is I was penalized?

 

However, I am banned from Adwords.  Last year I tried to run an ad and was told I could not.  I called and emailed a lot, but they would never tell me why.  I actually just contacted them again about this. I don't want to run an ad I just really want to know what is wrong with my site.  They gave me a list of generic reasons why it might be banned.  None of them apply to me though.  It sort of seemed as if they think I am promoting a get rick quick scheme but I really only post legitimate jobs and give the links to apply to them.  I even post all the time about how to avoid scams. It seems Google has a lot of red flags with the words "work at home."  Mail Chimp actually dropped me because they said they get penalized if they send out any mail with those words in it. 

 

I am hoping that I am not ranked because I just have not worked on getting ranked for very long.  I changed the name of my site a little over a year ago so I was hoping that also might be why.

 

As you can see I do not know very much when it comes to Google.  I try to learn but I find it very confusing.  I have been trying to submit articles to .edu and .gov sites as a way to gain authority with them and I try all the tips and tricks from the so-called internet gurus.

4:41 pm
August 24, 2014


CashvilleSkyline

New Member

posts 2

Greetings, fellow Yakezie challengers!

 

I'm pleased to share that today marks six months since I began the challenge in February! You can find my announcement post here: http://cashvilleskyline.com/20…..challenge/

 

I started with a ranking of 807,821 and I am currently at 176,508! Being a part of this challenge has been an incredible learning experience, and I can definitely say that I've grown significantly as a blogger. I'll be attending FinCon next month and I hope to meet some of you there.

 

Best of luck to the newer challengers, and please don't hesitate to reach out to me if there's anything that I can help you out on this journey.

 

Cheers,

 

Addison Cash

http://www.cashvilleskyline.com

4:57 pm
August 24, 2014


ChristenWypy

Member

posts 17

Congrats!!  I love blogging.  I love writing and I love the challenge of getting the numbers up (or down whichever the case may be).  I followed you on Twitter and checked out your blog.  Love your skyline logo!

6:34 pm
August 24, 2014


Kapitalust

Vancouver

Member

posts 5

Hi everyone,

 

My name is Steve and I've been blogging over at Kapitalust (formerly The Silver Maple Leaf) for 1 year and 1 month. I think I heard about Yakezie when I started back in July 2013 but didn't look much into it. I went through a bit of a blogging crisis, almost quit, and now back with a refocused sense of what I am doing and writing about!

 

My Alexa ranking is 940,061 and I hope to have it below 200,000 by the time the 6 month challenge is up!

 

I'll be announcing my Yakezie challenge in tomorrow's weekly roundup post!

Thanks for having me everyone! 

6:41 pm
August 24, 2014


ChristenWypy

Member

posts 17

You'll get there even before the 6 months is up!  Mine came down a lot in just 30 days.  I wrote about it here-

http://www.workathomewisdom.co…..-less.html.  

I totally relate to the crisis.  I have almost quit so many times, too.  Some days can be bad, frustrating even.  Other times things happen beyond our control and we wonder why we are even bothering.  I firmly believe if we stick to it we'll find success though. 

 I will go check out your blog now!

7:12 pm
August 24, 2014


ChristenWypy

Member

posts 17

I followed you on Twitter and checked out your blog!  I wish I lived on a farm!!

 

chestnutsfarm said:

So no-one said no, so I have joined the challenge.

chestnutsfarm.com

Global 1,007,895

Alexa Traffic Rank

United Kingdom Flag 27,189

Traffic Rank in

7

Sites Linking In

 

Mine is a lifestyle blog, where we hope to focus more in future on the financial aspects as well as the practical of living the dream, and also open up to some new income streams.

 

Looking forward to reading other challengers' blogs and doing some commenting.

7:02 am
August 25, 2014


krantcents

Member

posts 909

kapitalust said:

Hi everyone,

 

My name is Steve and I've been blogging over at Kapitalust (formerly The Silver Maple Leaf) for 1 year and 1 month. I think I heard about Yakezie when I started back in July 2013 but didn't look much into it. I went through a bit of a blogging crisis, almost quit, and now back with a refocused sense of what I am doing and writing about!

 

My Alexa ranking is 940,061 and I hope to have it below 200,000 by the time the 6 month challenge is up!

 

I'll be announcing my Yakezie challenge in tomorrow's weekly roundup post!

Thanks for having me everyone! 

Welcome aboard

krantcents  – Making Sense of Money

Website:   http://www.krantcents.com

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/krantcents

Follow me onTwitter:  @krantcents

RSS feed: krantcents

7:03 am
August 25, 2014


krantcents

Member

posts 909

Ben @ The Wealth Gospel said:

I started the challenge originally a year ago, but had to take a hiatus after just a few months. I probably should have re-joined when I started back up again in April with a 600,000+ rank, but oh well! I'm currently at 180,548 and am ready to get below 100,000!

Welcome aboard

krantcents  – Making Sense of Money

Website:   http://www.krantcents.com

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/krantcents

Follow me onTwitter:  @krantcents

RSS feed: krantcents

11:50 pm
August 25, 2014


ChristenWypy

Member

posts 17

Do any seasoned Alexa Veterans have any advice for me?  I have been working on my Alexa since March.  I went from 2.3 million to 145K globally and I am at 30K in the US.  I feel like I have plateaued. My score has not really budged since them.  My links in seem to go up by a few each week but the score stays the same. 

 

Any tips for pushing through to the next level?

5:59 pm
August 27, 2014


Tre

Member

posts 10

CashvilleSkyline said:

Greetings, fellow Yakezie challengers!

 

I'm pleased to share that today marks six months since I began the challenge in February! You can find my announcement post here: http://cashvilleskyline.com/20…..challenge/

 

I started with a ranking of 807,821 and I am currently at 176,508! Being a part of this challenge has been an incredible learning experience, and I can definitely say that I've grown significantly as a blogger. I'll be attending FinCon next month and I hope to meet some of you there.

 

Best of luck to the newer challengers, and please don't hesitate to reach out to me if there's anything that I can help you out on this journey.

 

Cheers,

 

Addison Cash

http://www.cashvilleskyline.com

 

Congratulations Addison!

6:01 pm
August 27, 2014


Tre

Member

posts 10

kapitalust said:

Hi everyone,

 

My name is Steve and I've been blogging over at Kapitalust (formerly The Silver Maple Leaf) for 1 year and 1 month. I think I heard about Yakezie when I started back in July 2013 but didn't look much into it. I went through a bit of a blogging crisis, almost quit, and now back with a refocused sense of what I am doing and writing about!

 

My Alexa ranking is 940,061 and I hope to have it below 200,000 by the time the 6 month challenge is up!

 

I'll be announcing my Yakezie challenge in tomorrow's weekly roundup post!

Thanks for having me everyone! 

 

Welcome to the challenge Steve. I look forward to reading your blog!

8:33 pm
August 28, 2014


OneCentAtatime

Florida, USA

Member

posts 1778

ChristenWypy said:

Do any seasoned Alexa Veterans have any advice for me?  I have been working on my Alexa since March.  I went from 2.3 million to 145K globally and I am at 30K in the US.  I feel like I have plateaued. My score has not really budged since them.  My links in seem to go up by a few each week but the score stays the same. 

 

Any tips for pushing through to the next level?

I know Yakezie challenge is all about Alexa. But, lately I haven't seen an interest in market for Alexa rank. It's all about PA and DA lately. Advertises have easy access to your SE visitor numbers, then don't go by Alexa rank. 

 

So, just concentrate on webmaster tool, DA and PA. And stop worrying about Alexa or any other rank. Even when some look at it, the moment they find Yakezie logo on the site, it doesn't matter any more.

SB

One Cent At A Time  (Yakezie Member Site)

 

http://twitter.com/onlyonecent

onecentatatime@gmail.com

Finance Product Reviews 

 

https://twitter.com/FPRReviews

6:49 pm
August 30, 2014


renaudgagne

Member

posts 14

I'm in! This is going to be fun. :-)

 

Short intro, my name is Renaud. Living in British-Columbia, BC. Started digging personal finance after reading The Richest Man in Babylon and taking on the challenge to pay of a debt of $32000. 

 

Looking forward to meet you all at FinCon one day. Alexa ranking is: No Data but will keep you updated.

My goal: top 100,000 Alexa Rank within a year.


About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383
Posts: 84794

Membership:

There are 13652 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)