You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Blogging Motivation: 5,000+ Words A Week Challenge Is On!

No Tags
UserPost

2:16 pm
November 8, 2012

Financial Samurai

Admin

posts 1803

Post edited 9:58 am – November 17, 2012 by Financial Samurai

Howdy Folks,

We've only got 7 more weeks left in the year, and I want to finish strong! It's really easy to slack off as the holidays near and I would like to see if anybody wants to join in on the challenge of writing 5,000+ words a week in posts until year end starting Sunday, Nov 11 or starting tomorrow, Nov 9 as I'm doing. 

You can write in any combination you want a week e.g. one 5,000 word post, five 1,000 word posts, three 1,500 word posts with a 500 word post etc. Anything that gets you to 5,000+ words a week is fine. The idea is, more content is better than less and it's always good to work while others are at play! It's always helped during the work environment, and it definitely helps in blogging.

I've been told so many times by bloggers that I'm just lucky for the traffic I get on Financial Samurai. No attribution goes to hard work, creativity, or unique insights, just luck. I love it! And when I ask them to just join me in writing beefier posts more frequently, none of them respond. I don't know why!

So to everybody who wants to generate more traffic to their site, earn more income online, and kick back in the future from all their hard work, let's go! If you can make it, I'll highlight your achievements in an upcoming post on FS or Yakezie.com. Thanks for helping me keep motivated as well!

Best,

Sam

Note: Guest posts on your site by another writer doesn't count, but guest posting on another site does! The main goal is to write more, but to also focus more of your content on your main sight. At the end of each week we'll have a check-in to keep track.

Regards,

Sam

Financial Samurai - Helping you achieve financial freedom sooner, rather than later.

Yakezie Network Founder 

3:57 pm
November 8, 2012

Elle

Raleigh, NC

posts 199

Sam, I'm going to join in! I've been talking it over with my husband and I do want to write some meatier posts on Couple Money. I think this challenge is perfectly timed. I'll start Sunday, so I can spend the next couple of days planning posts :) 

It'll be great to encourage one another in this big challenge. 

Elle Martinez

Couple Money- Live on one income; have fun with the second.

Couple Money Podcast – Building Up Your Marriage and Your Net Worth

Please chat with me - Couple Money on Twitter

5:52 pm
November 8, 2012

Financial Samurai

Admin

posts 1803

Post edited 9:50 pm – November 8, 2012 by Financial Samurai

Awesome Elle! I look forward to us reaching the promised land! :)

I've got a 1,500 worder coming out on 11/9, and a 1,200 worder out on 11/11. Gotta keep motivated!

Regards,

Sam

Financial Samurai - Helping you achieve financial freedom sooner, rather than later.

Yakezie Network Founder 

9:37 pm
November 8, 2012

Edward Antrobus

Fort Collins, CO

posts 1008

Wow, you don't do anything by halves, do you? I thought about joining this challenge. If it was just for a week put two I'd give it a shot. But 5000 words it's double my average output. I don't think I could sustain that for 6 weeks.

But good luck to you!

I'm looking for editors, beta-readers, and some demographic research for my upcoming novel, Once Upon a Saturn Moon. If you like reading soft sci-fi thrillers, maybe with a touch of romance thrown in, you can find more information at http://seampublishing.com/once…..aturn-moon

If You Can Read, You Can Cookhttp://www.ifyoucanread.com | Think you can't cook? If you can read this sentence, then you can.

SEAM Publishinghttp://www.seampublishing.com | eBook formatting and publishing service

1:06 am
November 9, 2012

savingadvice

posts 100

I'm in — I have so many blogs going at the moment that I probably already do this, but it will be fun to keep track and see exactly what I have been writing. I agree that far too many people don't realize the amount of work that goes into creating a successful blog and traffic. I look forward to the challenge :)

Challenge Blog 1

6:48 am
November 9, 2012

Financial Samurai

Admin

posts 1803

Post edited 12:28 pm – November 9, 2012 by Financial Samurai

SavingAdvice – Welcome to the challenge! It'll be good to monitor for sure. Are you one person, or a company as this is a one person challenge. The best rewards happen about 3-6 months later as the search engines take a hold of your meaty content and start driving more traffic your way!

Ed – All good man! Thx

Regards,

Sam

Yakezie Network Founder 

8:42 am
November 9, 2012

Frugal Portland

Portland, OR

posts 126

I'm in! It's like NaNo something or other, isn't it?

frugalportland

follow me on twitter

be a fan on facebook

send me an email

9:16 am
November 9, 2012

Financial Samurai

Admin

posts 1803

Frugal Portland said:

I'm in! It's like NaNo something or other, isn't it?

Indeed! But, it's Yakezie Challenge style.

Let's report in how much we've written every Sunday or thereabouts:

11/18

11/25

12/2

12/9

12/16

12/23

12/30

And when anybody calls us lucky six months from now, we can say, "Yes we are!" Laugh

Regards,

Sam

Yakezie Network Founder 

9:26 am
November 9, 2012

maria@moneyprinciple

Manchester, UK

posts 679

I am going to join this one – though my problem is writing too many words not too little. I need to write guest posts – this is something that has been taking the back seat and has to be done.

As to luck…yeah. It is a bit like inspiration – 'I write only when I am inspired and am inspired every morning at 8 am; I see to that'. I get lucky everytime I work hard and smart :).

Maria

9:47 am
November 9, 2012

martin

posts 199

I like this challenge Sam. I already do something similar. I don't allow myself to go to sleep until I've typed 1,000 words every single night. Trust me, I've had to do this wasted many times lol.

I'm in for sure. I want to ramp this up to 2,000 words a day. Anyone else feeling crazy????

9:49 am
November 9, 2012

Gen Y Finance Journey

posts 69

I probably won't succeed, but I'll join the challenge. I like having measurable goals. Smile

9:49 am
November 9, 2012

Financial Samurai

Admin

posts 1803

Post edited 10:05 am – November 9, 2012 by Financial Samurai

Maria – Excellent! Welcome to the Challenge!

MD – Sounds good man. This is a writing 5,000+/week and PUBLISHING 5,000+/week as well. Akin to executing ideas.

Regards,

Sam

Yakezie Network Founder 

9:57 am
November 9, 2012

MoneyBeagle

posts 1466

I'd be interested but I already have a couple of weeks worth of posts in the hopper, so I would start tracking it now but the publishing benchmark likely wouldn't hit until I caught up. 

Member Site: Money Beagle

Visit Money Beagle    -    Email    -    Twitter    -   Facebook    -  Google+

12:18 pm
November 9, 2012

martin

posts 199

Financial Samurai said:

Maria – Excellent! Welcome to the Challenge!

MD – Sounds good man. This is a writing 5,000+/week and PUBLISHING 5,000+/week as well. Akin to executing ideas.

You're right Sam. Publishing 5k a week is a strong challenge. I'm thinking of doing half on Studenomics and half on my mailing list.

What about a challenge to see who can publish a 5k word post?

12:25 pm
November 9, 2012

Financial Samurai

Admin

posts 1803

Post edited 12:29 pm – November 9, 2012 by Financial Samurai

MD – I think it's really important to focus, so I'm sticking with 5,000+ words a week. Got to walk before you can run. But as I said in my first post, you are welcome to write one 5,000 word post a week! Goodluck!

SavingAdvice – Are you one person or a conglomerate of writers? I can't tell as this is going to be a one person challenge. thx!

Regards,

Sam

Yakezie Network Founder 

12:38 pm
November 9, 2012

savingadvice

posts 100

Financial Samurai said:

SavingAdvice – Are you one person or a conglomerate of writers? I can't tell as this is going to be a one person challenge. thx!

In the spirit of the challenge, I will only be counting what I personally write for this challenge (although it will be over several of my blogs)

Challenge Blog 1

5:07 pm
November 9, 2012

Melissa (Mom's Plans)

posts 908

Can the total include posts I write for my own site as well as those I staff write for other blogs?  If so, I am in.

My Member Site:  Mom's Plans

My Challenger Site:  Fiscal Phoenix

E-mail:  momsplans@yahoo.com

5:11 pm
November 9, 2012

Financial Samurai

Admin

posts 1803

Melissa (Mom's Plans) said:

Can the total include posts I write for my own site as well as those I staff write for other blogs?  If so, I am in.

Not sure. Guess it depends on how much you write already? The whole idea is to challenge ourselves to write more, and write more often and not let down during the holidays. Initially, I was thinking of maximizing content for one's own blog, but if freelance writing is a main source of your income and you're lagging, it can certainly help.

Regards,

Sam

Yakezie Network Founder 

5:35 pm
November 9, 2012

Melissa (Mom's Plans)

posts 908

I would guess I am writing about 3,000 to 4,000 words a week right now at least.  Maybe I will just up the ante for myself and go for 7,000 words a week, which would certainly push me and give me meatier content for my own blog.

My Member Site:  Mom's Plans

My Challenger Site:  Fiscal Phoenix

E-mail:  momsplans@yahoo.com

5:48 pm
November 9, 2012

Financial Samurai

Admin

posts 1803

Melissa (Mom's Plans) said:

I would guess I am writing about 3,000 to 4,000 words a week right now at least.  Maybe I will just up the ante for myself and go for 7,000 words a week, which would certainly push me and give me meatier content for my own blog.

Sounds good Melissa. Let's just stick with 5,000+ a week. Ideally, I'm hoping we can all build our respective site's traffic and income, but if freelance income is your bread and butter then go for it! If you're paid by article, probably the quantity of articles is more important than individual post length yeah?

Regards,

Sam

Yakezie Network Founder 

No Tags

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)