You must be logged in to post Login


Lost Your Password?

Search Forums:


 






Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Yakezie Challengers Forum

UserPost

7:24 pm
May 28, 2014


Millennial Cents

New Member

posts 1

Hey there- 

I first found the Yakezie challenge on April 1st- I was still VERY new to blogging.  Now I've been at it for almost 2 months- and I've come from "No Data Found" to a little over 2 million. (YAY!) I have 4 more months to get under 200,000.  There is still a lot more work to do- but so far I'm having a blast.  I use to work in finance and hated staring at excel spreadsheets all day.  Now that I work in advertising, writing about finance doesn't seem like work- it is just fun!  Any tips are greatly appreciated- and if anyone wants a guest blogger for their site- I am happy to write :-)

 

Thanks for the support!

Come visit me at:  millennialcents.com

or follow me on twitter @MillennialCents

 

Julie

 

Alexa Rank as of May 28, 2014

Alexa Traffic Rank
Traffic Rank in

10:45 am
May 29, 2014


Tre

Member

posts 10

Hi everyone,

 

I'm exciting to say that I'm joining the Yakezie Challenge. I started my blog, House of Tre eight months ago, not sure what my topic was Confused. It evolved into a blog about personal finance, which makes sense since I work in finance and I'm obsessed with our family budget. My current Alexa ranking is 2,188,341.

 

I'm really excited about getting to know all of you!

 

Tre

4:17 pm
May 29, 2014


John C @ Action Economics

Member

posts 8

Hi Tre, welcome to the challenge! I just started the challenge myself 10 days ago (but my blog last September) and my Alexa ranking has been on a steady downward creep.  I just checked out your page and followed you on twitter.  Good looking site!

I blog at Action Economics

Twitter @actionecon

Facebook Action Economics

 

4:33 pm
May 29, 2014


krantcents

Member

posts 909

Millennial Cents said:

Hey there- 

I first found the Yakezie challenge on April 1st- I was still VERY new to blogging.  Now I've been at it for almost 2 months- and I've come from "No Data Found" to a little over 2 million. (YAY!) I have 4 more months to get under 200,000.  There is still a lot more work to do- but so far I'm having a blast.  I use to work in finance and hated staring at excel spreadsheets all day.  Now that I work in advertising, writing about finance doesn't seem like work- it is just fun!  Any tips are greatly appreciated- and if anyone wants a guest blogger for their site- I am happy to write :-)

 

Thanks for the support!

Come visit me at:  millennialcents.com

or follow me on twitter @MillennialCents

 

Welcome aboard

 

Julie

 

Alexa Rank as of May 28, 2014

Alexa Traffic Rank
Traffic Rank in

krantcents  – Making Sense of Money

Website:   http://www.krantcents.com

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/krantcents

Follow me onTwitter:  @krantcents

RSS feed: krantcents

4:33 pm
May 29, 2014


krantcents

Member

posts 909

Tre said:

Hi everyone,

 

I'm exciting to say that I'm joining the Yakezie Challenge. I started my blog, House of Tre eight months ago, not sure what my topic was Confused. It evolved into a blog about personal finance, which makes sense since I work in finance and I'm obsessed with our family budget. My current Alexa ranking is 2,188,341.

 

I'm really excited about getting to know all of you!

 

Tre

Welcome aboard

krantcents  – Making Sense of Money

Website:   http://www.krantcents.com

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/krantcents

Follow me onTwitter:  @krantcents

RSS feed: krantcents

8:39 am
May 30, 2014


Bre @ The Weight Of Debt

Member

posts 16

Quick Question! I am 6,663 from dropping below 200K! I started the challenge January 20th and started at 1,950,443.

When I drop below 200K do I just come back here and state that I am below 200K and then just keep blogging or is there more to it? :D Thanks!

3:44 pm
May 30, 2014


debt debs

Member

posts 32

Hi everyone

 

I joined the challenge a little over a week ago but just found this thread now. Cool

When I started blogging Mar 12 I was on a wordpress.com free site (Alexa 11,578,900)  I bought my domain name through WordPress.com on Apr 6 at which point it had come down to 965,135.  

 

Today debtdebs.com is 234,963 as of May 30.

Still lots to learn!

Looking forward to continued interaction with fellow bloggers.  Kiss

 

Cheers! Laugh

My Blog:  http://debtdebs.com  Twitter:  @debtdebs  Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/DEBt.DEBs

email: debt.debs@gmail.com

Started my blog:  March 12    Joined Yakezie Challenge: May 25  Reached Alexa Score < 200000:  June 4  199,338

Total Debt
 

$393,500 $0 (33.9% towards goal) 

3:59 pm
May 30, 2014


krantcents

Member

posts 909

debt debs said:

Hi everyone

 

I joined the challenge a little over a week ago but just found this thread now. Cool

When I started blogging Mar 12 I was on a wordpress.com free site (Alexa 11,578,900)  I bought my domain name through WordPress.com on Apr 6 at which point it had come down to 965,135.  

 

Today debtdebs.com is 234,963 as of May 30.

Still lots to learn!

Looking forward to continued interaction with fellow bloggers.  Kiss

 

Cheers! Laugh

 

Welcome aboard

krantcents  – Making Sense of Money

Website:   http://www.krantcents.com

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/krantcents

Follow me onTwitter:  @krantcents

RSS feed: krantcents

8:52 pm
May 30, 2014


Brian@Luke1428

Member

posts 69

Millennial Cents said:

Hey there- 

I first found the Yakezie challenge on April 1st- I was still VERY new to blogging.  Now I've been at it for almost 2 months- and I've come from "No Data Found" to a little over 2 million. (YAY!) I have 4 more months to get under 200,000.  There is still a lot more work to do- but so far I'm having a blast.  I use to work in finance and hated staring at excel spreadsheets all day.  Now that I work in advertising, writing about finance doesn't seem like work- it is just fun!  Any tips are greatly appreciated- and if anyone wants a guest blogger for their site- I am happy to write :-)

 

Thanks for the support!

Come visit me at:  millennialcents.com

or follow me on twitter @MillennialCents

 

Julie

 

Alexa Rank as of May 28, 2014

Alexa Traffic Rank
Traffic Rank in

Great job Julie! Keep writing and connecting and that Alexa rank will continue to drop.

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

Connect with me on Twitter

Email: bfourman96@gmail.com

8:56 pm
May 30, 2014


Brian@Luke1428

Member

posts 69

Tre said:

Hi everyone,

 

I'm exciting to say that I'm joining the Yakezie Challenge. I started my blog, House of Tre eight months ago, not sure what my topic was Confused. It evolved into a blog about personal finance, which makes sense since I work in finance and I'm obsessed with our family budget. My current Alexa ranking is 2,188,341.

 

I'm really excited about getting to know all of you!

 

Tre

Welcome Tre! I share a passion for budgeting as well, so I can relate. Best of luck on the challenge!

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

Connect with me on Twitter

Email: bfourman96@gmail.com

9:00 pm
May 30, 2014


Brian@Luke1428

Member

posts 69

debt debs said:

Hi everyone

 

I joined the challenge a little over a week ago but just found this thread now. Cool

When I started blogging Mar 12 I was on a wordpress.com free site (Alexa 11,578,900)  I bought my domain name through WordPress.com on Apr 6 at which point it had come down to 965,135.  

 

Today debtdebs.com is 234,963 as of May 30.

Still lots to learn!

Looking forward to continued interaction with fellow bloggers.  Kiss

 

Cheers! Laugh

You are doing great DD! Glad to have made a connection with you. Keep up the great work!

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

Connect with me on Twitter

Email: bfourman96@gmail.com

9:12 pm
May 30, 2014


Brian@Luke1428

Member

posts 69

Bre @ The Weight Of Debt said:

Quick Question! I am 6,663 from dropping below 200K! I started the challenge January 20th and started at 1,950,443.

When I drop below 200K do I just come back here and state that I am below 200K and then just keep blogging or is there more to it? :D Thanks!

Great question Bre! I wondered that myself when I was doing the challenge.

Certainly come here and let everyone know you've passed the mark. We want to celebrate with you! Just doing that doesn't automatically grant you membership though.

Depending on when you joined the challenge, you will receive an invitation (application) to fill out for official membership. If I remember correctly, I had several weeks to complete mine.

Once that has been submitted, it goes up for review by Sam and a few other Yakezie members on his team. He will send you official word about being accepted. If you get accepted then you write your member post and that's it…your in!

Once below 200k I would just keep blogging and connecting. Get the Alexa rank as low as possible and build your case for inclusion in the network. Hope that helps.

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

Connect with me on Twitter

Email: bfourman96@gmail.com

11:08 am
May 31, 2014


Bre @ The Weight Of Debt

Member

posts 16

Brian@Luke1428 said:

Bre @ The Weight Of Debt said:

Quick Question! I am 6,663 from dropping below 200K! I started the challenge January 20th and started at 1,950,443.

When I drop below 200K do I just come back here and state that I am below 200K and then just keep blogging or is there more to it? :D Thanks!

Great question Bre! I wondered that myself when I was doing the challenge.

Certainly come here and let everyone know you've passed the mark. We want to celebrate with you! Just doing that doesn't automatically grant you membership though.

Depending on when you joined the challenge, you will receive an invitation (application) to fill out for official membership. If I remember correctly, I had several weeks to complete mine.

Once that has been submitted, it goes up for review by Sam and a few other Yakezie members on his team. He will send you official word about being accepted. If you get accepted then you write your member post and that's it…your in!

Once below 200k I would just keep blogging and connecting. Get the Alexa rank as low as possible and build your case for inclusion in the network. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for replying Luke! Do I just say it in this feed? Because I dropped below 200K TODAY! :D I'm at 199,723!

4:40 pm
June 1, 2014


Bre @ The Weight Of Debt

Member

posts 16

Brian@Luke1428 said:

Bre @ The Weight Of Debt said:

Quick Question! I am 6,663 from dropping below 200K! I started the challenge January 20th and started at 1,950,443.

When I drop below 200K do I just come back here and state that I am below 200K and then just keep blogging or is there more to it? :D Thanks!

Great question Bre! I wondered that myself when I was doing the challenge.

Certainly come here and let everyone know you've passed the mark. We want to celebrate with you! Just doing that doesn't automatically grant you membership though.

Depending on when you joined the challenge, you will receive an invitation (application) to fill out for official membership. If I remember correctly, I had several weeks to complete mine.

Once that has been submitted, it goes up for review by Sam and a few other Yakezie members on his team. He will send you official word about being accepted. If you get accepted then you write your member post and that's it…your in!

Once below 200k I would just keep blogging and connecting. Get the Alexa rank as low as possible and build your case for inclusion in the network. Hope that helps.

Brain I had posted in a separate feed, I am officially below the 200k mark. Is there anyone I should contact about finishing the challenge or do I just wait to be contact? 

1:38 pm
June 2, 2014


MoneyAhoy

Member

posts 31

debt debs said:

Hi everyone

 

I joined the challenge a little over a week ago but just found this thread now. Cool

When I started blogging Mar 12 I was on a wordpress.com free site (Alexa 11,578,900)  I bought my domain name through WordPress.com on Apr 6 at which point it had come down to 965,135.  

 

Today debtdebs.com is 234,963 as of May 30.

Still lots to learn!

Looking forward to continued interaction with fellow bloggers.  Kiss

 

Cheers! Laugh

Welcome Debt Debs and Tre!  Glad to have you guys in the challenge!

MoneyAhoy.com

Money Saving, Making Money, and Investment Ideas

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

 RSS

4:14 pm
June 2, 2014


Money Counselor

Member

posts 233

debt debs said:

Hi everyone

 

I joined the challenge a little over a week ago but just found this thread now. Cool

When I started blogging Mar 12 I was on a wordpress.com free site (Alexa 11,578,900)  I bought my domain name through WordPress.com on Apr 6 at which point it had come down to 965,135.  

 

Today debtdebs.com is 234,963 as of May 30.

Still lots to learn!

Looking forward to continued interaction with fellow bloggers.  Kiss

 

Cheers! Laugh

Greetings dd, and welcome. I've followed you on Twitter and added your site to my reader so I'll be sure and stop by regularly. Best of luck!

Make Better Money Decisions

Facebook  Twitter  Google+  RSS

kurt@mymoneycounselor.com

6:29 pm
June 3, 2014


brian_debtdiscipline

NY

Member

posts 113

I have completed the challenge. My current rank in 135K. Its been under 200k for sometime. When I first started I was ranked over 4mil. Laugh

10:21 pm
June 3, 2014


resman

Member

posts 4

I would like to enter the Yakezie challenge.

My website is ResilientMan.com I write about Resilience, FI, Early Retirement and some practical philosophy my current Alexa rank is 2,635,593.  I am not sure how to bridge the gap… but that is why I am getting myself into this, to learn and discover.

Lookin' forward to meet you bloggers.

4:12 am
June 4, 2014


debt debs

Member

posts 32

debt debs said:

Hi everyone

 

I joined the challenge a little over a week ago but just found this thread now. Cool

When I started blogging Mar 12 I was on a wordpress.com free site (Alexa 11,578,900)  I bought my domain name through WordPress.com on Apr 6 at which point it had come down to 965,135.  

 

Today debtdebs.com is 234,963 as of May 30.

Still lots to learn!

Looking forward to continued interaction with fellow bloggers.  Kiss

 

Cheers! Laugh

Oh wow! My Alexa rank dropped to 199,338 today.  Laugh

Started my blog:  March 12

Started tracking Alexa:  April 6  965,135

Reached Yakezie Challenge:  June 4  199,338

I'm pretty pleased with the progress, but I put a lot of work into it so realistically, this level of effort is not sustainable, I don't think. 

The challenge will be get it down to the 100K mark now.  Anyways, just wanted to make a public record of this milestone.  heeee

Still lots to learn and I really appreciate the help and support of fellow bloggers I've met so far since starting my public debt journey.  Looking forward to meeting and interacting with more.

Cheers!

debs

My Blog:  http://debtdebs.com  Twitter:  @debtdebs  Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/DEBt.DEBs

email: debt.debs@gmail.com

Started my blog:  March 12    Joined Yakezie Challenge: May 25  Reached Alexa Score < 200000:  June 4  199,338

Total Debt
 

$393,500 $0 (33.9% towards goal) 

8:08 am
June 4, 2014


krantcents

Member

posts 909

resman said:

I would like to enter the Yakezie challenge.

My website is ResilientMan.com I write about Resilience, FI, Early Retirement and some practical philosophy my current Alexa rank is 2,635,593.  I am not sure how to bridge the gap… but that is why I am getting myself into this, to learn and discover.

Lookin' forward to meet you bloggers.

 

Welcome aboard.

krantcents  – Making Sense of Money

Website:   http://www.krantcents.com

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/krantcents

Follow me onTwitter:  @krantcents

RSS feed: krantcents


About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383
Posts: 84794

Membership:

There are 13652 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)