You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Yakezie Challengers Forum

UserPost

9:48 am
June 4, 2014

Brian@Luke1428

posts 69

brian_debtdiscipline said:

I have completed the challenge. My current rank in 135K. Its been under 200k for sometime. When I first started I was ranked over 4mil. Laugh

Nice going Brian! 4 mil to 135K is a good distance to come.

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

Connect with me on Twitter

Email: bfourman96@gmail.com

9:52 am
June 4, 2014

Brian@Luke1428

posts 69

resman said:

I would like to enter the Yakezie challenge.

My website is ResilientMan.com I write about Resilience, FI, Early Retirement and some practical philosophy my current Alexa rank is 2,635,593.  I am not sure how to bridge the gap… but that is why I am getting myself into this, to learn and discover.

Lookin' forward to meet you bloggers.

Welcome Res! The best way to bridge the gap is to write consistently, make connections with other bloggers, and comment on their sites. Many will reciprocate if you interact with them. The more people that are drawn to your site, the lower that rank will drop. Best of luck! I'll connect with you on Twitter.

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

4:52 am
June 5, 2014

brian_debtdiscipline

NY

posts 113

Brian@Luke1428 said:

I have completed the challenge. My current rank in 135K. Its been under 200k for sometime. When I first started I was ranked over 4mil. Laugh

Nice going Brian! 4 mil to 135K is a good distance to come.

Thanks! Feels good! Laugh

5:25 am
June 6, 2014

MoneyAhoy

posts 31

MoneyAhoy said:

Hello everyone!  Derek here, and I've decided to join the Yakezie Challenge!

My blog is MoneyAhoy.com and I've been running it since May-2013.  My current Alexa rank is 201,157 (I've gotten it as low as 179,XXX).  My goal is to get under 100,000 over the next 6 months.

MoneyAhoy.com is a blog about Money Saving, Money Making, and Investment Ideas.  I plan to be different than most other financial sites because I focus on all three of these topics vs. just one or two of them.  I also will create many YouTube videos for how to save, make, and invest money.  My ultimate goal is to help others become better with their finances!  The whole process has helped me to save thousands of dollars a year myself so far!!!

Well guys, I didn't hit the goal of getting under 100,000 in 6 months :-(  I started with an Alexa rank of 201,157 and was able to get it as low as 130,422.  My rank on 5/27/14 was 166,039 and now is hovering around 170K.

I did a good job of keeping up with the posting commitment, but I must have dropped the ball around networking with other bloggers.  I am interested in giving things another shot.  Do I re-enter the challenge or just continue plugging along until I get my rank below 100,000?

-Thanks!

MoneyAhoy.com

Money Saving, Making Money, and Investment Ideas

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

RSS

5:30 am
June 6, 2014

MoneyAhoy

posts 31

Great job Brian!!

MoneyAhoy.com

Money Saving, Making Money, and Investment Ideas

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

RSS

6:28 am
June 6, 2014

BudgetingforMore

posts 22

MoneyAhoy said:

MoneyAhoy said:

My blog is MoneyAhoy.com and I've been running it since May-2013.  My current Alexa rank is 201,157 (I've gotten it as low as 179,XXX).  My goal is to get under 100,000 over the next 6 months.

MoneyAhoy.com is a blog about Money Saving, Money Making, and Investment Ideas.  I plan to be different than most other financial sites because I focus on all three of these topics vs. just one or two of them.  I also will create many YouTube videos for how to save, make, and invest money.  My ultimate goal is to help others become better with their finances!  The whole process has helped me to save thousands of dollars a year myself so far!!!

Well guys, I didn't hit the goal of getting under 100,000 in 6 months :-(  I started with an Alexa rank of 201,157 and was able to get it as low as 130,422.  My rank on 5/27/14 was 166,039 and now is hovering around 170K.

I did a good job of keeping up with the posting commitment, but I must have dropped the ball around networking with other bloggers.  I am interested in giving things another shot.  Do I re-enter the challenge or just continue plugging along until I get my rank below 100,000?

-Thanks!

I've had similar issues. I get as low as 118K but just can't seem to get below 100K. It's not easy! 

Budgeting for More

Building our nest one dollar at a time

Twitter: @BudgetForMore

budgetformore[at]gmail.com

8:23 am
June 6, 2014

brian_debtdiscipline

NY

posts 113

MoneyAhoy said:

Great job Brian!!

Thanks!

8:43 am
June 6, 2014

Tre

posts 10

debt debs said:

debt debs said:

Hi everyone

I joined the challenge a little over a week ago but just found this thread now. Cool

When I started blogging Mar 12 I was on a wordpress.com free site (Alexa 11,578,900)  I bought my domain name through WordPress.com on Apr 6 at which point it had come down to 965,135.  

Today debtdebs.com is 234,963 as of May 30.

Still lots to learn!

Looking forward to continued interaction with fellow bloggers.  Kiss

Cheers! Laugh

Oh wow! My Alexa rank dropped to 199,338 today.  Laugh

Started my blog:  March 12

Started tracking Alexa:  April 6  965,135

Reached Yakezie Challenge:  June 4  199,338

I'm pretty pleased with the progress, but I put a lot of work into it so realistically, this level of effort is not sustainable, I don't think. 

The challenge will be get it down to the 100K mark now.  Anyways, just wanted to make a public record of this milestone.  heeee

Still lots to learn and I really appreciate the help and support of fellow bloggers I've met so far since starting my public debt journey.  Looking forward to meeting and interacting with more.

Cheers!

debs

Wow! Congratulations debs.

7:49 am
June 11, 2014

Moneysma

posts 165

MoneyAhoy said:

MoneyAhoy said:

-Thanks!

Just keep plugging away. It took me longer than usual to get my Alexa down as well. I've noticed that it tends to drop a lot in short period of time, then steadily rise a bit, then hold steady for a while, then drop again.

Keep up the posting schedule and try to develop some good relationships with other bloggers. Many others will tell you that finding a few others to partner up with makes things much easier!

Good Luck!!

10:44 am
June 11, 2014

krantcents

posts 909

resman said:

I would like to enter the Yakezie challenge.

My website is ResilientMan.com I write about Resilience, FI, Early Retirement and some practical philosophy my current Alexa rank is 2,635,593.  I am not sure how to bridge the gap… but that is why I am getting myself into this, to learn and discover.

Lookin' forward to meet you bloggers.

Welcome aboard

krantcents  – Making Sense of Money

Fan Page:  http://www.facebook.com/krantcents

Follow me onTwitter:  @krantcents

RSS feed: krantcents

3:58 pm
June 17, 2014

thebudgetsandthebees

posts 3

Hi Everyone!

I recently joined the challenge and just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I started my blog about three months ago and my Alexa rating was 1,514,925 when I officially joined the challenge a couple of days ago. I'm excited for this challenge and really excited to get to know everyone! Laugh 

Follow me on twitter: @BudgetsandBees

4:07 pm
June 17, 2014

Robert @ The Prop Trading Futures

Italy

posts 10

Hi thebudgetsandthebees,

Welcome to the challenge, do not forget to add links to your blog and social media sites on your profile.
The will appear just after each of your post and will give us the chance to know more about you and visit your pages.
-Robert

Please visit my web site: 

The Prop Trading Futures Project website

I'm also on Twitter, Pinterest and FB

1:52 pm
June 19, 2014

krantcents

posts 909

thebudgetsandthebees said:

Hi Everyone!

I recently joined the challenge and just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I started my blog about three months ago and my Alexa rating was 1,514,925 when I officially joined the challenge a couple of days ago. I'm excited for this challenge and really excited to get to know everyone! Laugh 

Welcome aboard

3:37 pm
June 19, 2014

thebudgetsandthebees

posts 3

Robert @ The Prop Trading Futures said:

Hi thebudgetsandthebees,

Welcome to the challenge, do not forget to add links to your blog and social media sites on your profile.
The will appear just after each of your post and will give us the chance to know more about you and visit your pages.
-Robert

Thanks Robert. It should all be in there….let's see if it shows up now.

7:25 pm
June 19, 2014

brokeGIRLrich

posts 22

brokeGIRLrich said:

Alright, I'm going for it. I put up the badge today and joined the Yakezie Challenge on 12/29/13 – I'll blog about it on New Year's Day. My Alexa rating is 401,294. 

Fingers crossed. All the SEO stuff confuses the heck out of me too. I thought I was pretty successful when I figured out picmonkey :o)

Nailed it – 6/19/14 – under 200,000 at 193,231… which actually needs some work because about a month ago, I actually had it down in the 140,000's. I guess it's time to write some guest posts or something. 

brokeGIRLrich

Twitter: @brokeGIRLrich

Facebook: brokeGIRLrich

Google+: brokeGIRLrich

Pinterest: brokeGIRLrich

Email: brokeGIRLrich@gmail.com

5:48 am
June 20, 2014

Brian@Luke1428

posts 69

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the challenge and the world of blogging! How's it going so far? I remember those first few months being very difficult. Fortunately, the members here are very supportive. Good luck!

Luke1428.com

Follow me on Facebook

4:42 pm
June 20, 2014

thebudgetsandthebees

posts 3

Brian@Luke1428 said:

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the challenge and the world of blogging! How's it going so far? I remember those first few months being very difficult. Fortunately, the members here are very supportive. Good luck!

Thanks! It's going…ok. Still trying to figure everything out and it's a little overwhelming at times, but I do enjoy it and find myself looking forward to getting home from work so I can work on it. This does seem like a great network and I'm really glad I found it!

7:44 am
June 21, 2014

colormefrugal

posts 99

Hi Everyone!

Welcome! I love the name of your blog! Let us know here if you have any questions or need help with anything, the Yakezie network is a great support.

9:29 am
June 21, 2014

krantcents

posts 909

Welcome aboard

3:17 pm
June 21, 2014

annielogue

posts 60

Dumb question: are we looking at the total Alexa rank or the U.S. rank? 

Thanks!

Annie

Low Finance. High Finance: Spend less than you earn, get a return that beats inflation

The Root of All: http://www.therootofall.com @annielogue

Chicago on the Cheap: http:www.chicagoonthecheap.com @chicagocheap

About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383

Membership:

There are 13651 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)