You must be logged in to post Login


Lost Your Password?

Search Forums:


 






Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Yakezie Challengers Forum

UserPost

4:16 pm
October 3, 2010


Techbud

NY

Member

posts 16

Aloysa said:

Techbud said:

I'm currently @ 4 Million. Ouch! Cry


Give it time. I joined just last week with 2.6 and now I am up to 1.9 mil. It is not a success story, but it is a huge leap.
 


Thanks. I have seen a small leap already. Dipped under the 4 million mark today. Laugh

5:52 am
October 4, 2010


Viviana

London, UK

New Member

posts 1

Hi there,

 

I am Viviana from The Lean Times.  I started the Yakezie Challenge on 15th Sept and am already seeing result.  My Alexa rating was 1,440,340 and as of today it it 902,778, a big jump.  I am delighted. 

I write about frugality, personal finance, food and just having better, more productive life. This challenge has given me a bit of a push that I needed when I didn't think I was getting as far as I would like.  It is lovely feel part of a group when doing something that is fairly solitary.

6:48 am
October 4, 2010


Freddie @ Invest With Passion

Member

posts 204

Hello fellow Challengers and Members,

My name is Freddie Taylor and I own InvestWithPassion.com. We write about personal finance from the perspective of real estate investing and entrepreneurship. These individuals are very money driven and need guidance and insight from professionals on how to accumulate money, but also what to do with it once they have the money. Our blog is open, fun, and has a few different contributors to keep it spicy.

 

My current Alexa ranking is 1,585,180 as of October 4th, 2010. By the end of the 6 months I would like to reach the 200K market. This is a bit far away, but hoping with the help and direction of this community it is possible.

 

Looking forward to connecting with as many of you as possible. If you are ever interested in receiving an article about real estate investing, entrepreneurship, or personal f inance from us, please don't hesitate to let us know. Or if you would like to post an article on our site, please reach out as well.

 

Can't wait to get started!!

Newest Blog: How To Save Money & More

Or view my real estate investing community today and join the conversation.

3:22 pm
October 4, 2010


Buy Like Buffett

Member

posts 1682

Hi,

 

My name is Mark. I write the blog at Buylikebuffett. I joined the Alexa Challenge on June 6th. My rating was 1.1 million back then. My current rating is 204,000 and rising. The Yakezie Challenge has contributed to the rapid rise of my blog over the past few months. It is a pleasure to be in a forum with like minded bloggers helping others achieve finance success. Thanks.

 

 

Mark

Learn how to build wealth at Buy Like Buffett.

Learn about making money online at Mark Riddix dot com

Follow me on Twitter

5:42 pm
October 4, 2010


Aloysa

Member

posts 910

thinktaylor said:

Hello fellow Challengers and Members,

My name is Freddie Taylor and I own InvestWithPassion.com. We write about personal finance from the perspective of real estate investing and entrepreneurship. These individuals are very money driven and need guidance and insight from professionals on how to accumulate money, but also what to do with it once they have the money. Our blog is open, fun, and has a few different contributors to keep it spicy.

 

My current Alexa ranking is 1,585,180 as of October 4th, 2010. By the end of the 6 months I would like to reach the 200K market. This is a bit far away, but hoping with the help and direction of this community it is possible.

 

Looking forward to connecting with as many of you as possible. If you are ever interested in receiving an article about real estate investing, entrepreneurship, or personal f inance from us, please don't hesitate to let us know. Or if you would like to post an article on our site, please reach out as well.

 

Can't wait to get started!!


I hope to reach 200K market too! We should believe, work and support each other. 200K is possible! Wecome to the challenge. I joined last week.

Creator of:

9:44 pm
October 4, 2010


Charles @ MoneyGreenLife

Member

posts 318

Hey everyone! I joined Yakezie back in June when the first challenge was ending. But since then my Alexa has gone from over 2 million to 293,000. I hope to definitely reach 200k, and hopefully more by the time this second challenge comes to a conclusion.

I have to admit that I've benefited far more than I have contributed to this community. I will work hard to give back to you all what I have gained. So if you don't see me around too often, please give me a shout and call me out!

5:14 am
October 5, 2010


Freddie @ Invest With Passion

Member

posts 204

Aloysa said:

 

I hope to reach 200K market too! We should believe, work and support each other. 200K is possible! Wecome to the challenge. I joined last week.


 

Aloysa, thank you for the welcome! Yes, 200K is possible, but I would have never even considered it as possible without the encouragement from this group. Just reading the stories really has me fired up and ready to make it happen. Need to keep myself calm because I know slow and steady wins the race.

 

Good luck to you!

Newest Blog: How To Save Money & More

Or view my real estate investing community today and join the conversation.

8:00 am
October 5, 2010


Charles @ MoneyGreenLife

Member

posts 318

Hey everyone. I just promoted Yakezie on my blog. Please come check it out and let me know what you think!

http://www.moneygreenlife.com/…..hallenger/

Thanks!

9:14 am
October 5, 2010


Budgeting in the Fun Stuff

Member

posts 3048

charles said:

Hey everyone. I just promoted Yakezie on my blog. Please come check it out and let me know what you think!

http://www.moneygreenlife.com/…..hallenger/

Thanks!


I didn't know I was a top contributor, so cool beans!  ;-)

Thanks,

Crystal@BFS

Crystal

Yakezie Member Site: 

Budgeting in the Fun Stuff

Ebook:  How I Make Money Blogging:
The Beginner's Guide to Building a Money-Making Site

Email:  budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail *dot* com

You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook

9:18 am
October 5, 2010


Charles @ MoneyGreenLife

Member

posts 318

Hehe…i just took the first 15 members from our members page (http://yakezie.com/personal-fi…..ance-blogs). These are the members that have already posted a member post and automatically become a Contributer. I haven't had the privilege of writing the member post as of yet.

9:20 am
October 5, 2010


Budgeting in the Fun Stuff

Member

posts 3048

charles said:

Hehe…i just took the first 15 members from our members page (http://yakezie.com/personal-fi…..ance-blogs). These are the members that have already posted a member post and automatically become a Contributer. I haven't had the privilege of writing the member post as of yet.


Okay, now I feel a little less special, lol.  But thanks for promoting the Yakezie anyway.  ;-)

Crystal

Crystal

Yakezie Member Site: 

Budgeting in the Fun Stuff

Ebook:  How I Make Money Blogging:
The Beginner's Guide to Building a Money-Making Site

Email:  budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail *dot* com

You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook

11:50 am
October 5, 2010


Khaleef @ KNS Financial

Fat Guy, Skinny Wallet

Member

posts 3149

Ok, I have now updated my RSS Feed reader to include everyone who has introduced themselves in this thread. Also, I am now following all of you on Twitter. If I missed anyone, just let me know!

I'm glad to see this group growing and I hope that we all will take the time to visit each other's sites, leave thoughtful comments, and promote each other.

Let's get everybody to their goals!!!

Khaleef "Fat Guy" Crumbley

My Battle to Lose 100lbs and Pay off $100k in Debt:

http://fatguyskinnywallet.com

http://twitter.com/FGSW

http://www.facebook.com/fatguy…..innywallet

Personal Finance From A Biblical Perspective:

http://knsfinancial.com

http://www.facebook.com/knsfinancial

http://twitter.com/knsfinancial

11:54 am
October 5, 2010


Charles @ MoneyGreenLife

Member

posts 318

hey kahleef, is there an easy way to do that or do you have to manually add each and every one independently to the reader? i tried doing that one day and got tired very quickly.. :(

12:03 pm
October 5, 2010


Khaleef @ KNS Financial

Fat Guy, Skinny Wallet

Member

posts 3149

charles said:

hey kahleef, is there an easy way to do that or do you have to manually add each and every one independently to the reader? i tried doing that one day and got tired very quickly.. :(


Unfortunately, I had to add everyone manually. Twitter was easy, since I could just click on your Twitter link under your name and click "follow". Even the RSS feed wasn't too bad since I use Google and was able to add a site in about 20 seconds.

I've gotten though a lot of articles so far, but still have almost 300 new ones – on top of the 800 unread non-Yakezie articles!

Khaleef "Fat Guy" Crumbley

My Battle to Lose 100lbs and Pay off $100k in Debt:

http://fatguyskinnywallet.com

http://twitter.com/FGSW

http://www.facebook.com/fatguy…..innywallet

Personal Finance From A Biblical Perspective:

http://knsfinancial.com

http://www.facebook.com/knsfinancial

http://twitter.com/knsfinancial

12:59 pm
October 5, 2010


Charles @ MoneyGreenLife

Member

posts 318

KNS Financial said:

charles said:

hey kahleef, is there an easy way to do that or do you have to manually add each and every one independently to the reader? i tried doing that one day and got tired very quickly.. :(


Unfortunately, I had to add everyone manually. Twitter was easy, since I could just click on your Twitter link under your name and click "follow". Even the RSS feed wasn't too bad since I use Google and was able to add a site in about 20 seconds.
 

I've gotten though a lot of articles so far, but still have almost 300 new ones – on top of the 800 unread non-Yakezie articles!


Kahleef,

good gosh, i just spent the past hour putting everyone in my reader just like you did and i'm only on page 3. I think i will have to finish up next time. I'm not getting any work done here at my real day job!! LOL!

7:13 pm
October 5, 2010


Aloysa

Member

posts 910

KNS Financial said:

Ok, I have now updated my RSS Feed reader to include everyone who has introduced themselves in this thread. Also, I am now following all of you on Twitter. If I missed anyone, just let me know!

I'm glad to see this group growing and I hope that we all will take the time to visit each other's sites, leave thoughtful comments, and promote each other.

Let's get everybody to their goals!!!


Thank you! I am trying to do the same… It takes time. Surprised

Creator of:

9:13 pm
October 5, 2010


Khaleef @ KNS Financial

Fat Guy, Skinny Wallet

Member

posts 3149

Yeah, it definitely takes time to add everybody. I wish there was a way to follow everyone on RSS, Twitter, and like their FB page all in one click. lol

Khaleef "Fat Guy" Crumbley

My Battle to Lose 100lbs and Pay off $100k in Debt:

http://fatguyskinnywallet.com

http://twitter.com/FGSW

http://www.facebook.com/fatguy…..innywallet

Personal Finance From A Biblical Perspective:

http://knsfinancial.com

http://www.facebook.com/knsfinancial

http://twitter.com/knsfinancial

7:01 am
October 6, 2010


everydaytips

Detroit Area

Member

posts 455

Khaleef – can you add me to your list?  I thought I added myself to this thread, but I can't find myself anywhere.  (I am lost).

I will add my late intro now-

My name is Kris and my site is http://www.everydaytipsandthou…..hts.com.  I write about personal finance, health, and really just about anything at times.  I try to focus on things people can easily identify with, and try to provide practical solutions and advice on things that happen in everyday life.

I started blogging in March and learned about the Yakezie sometime in April.  I tried joining right away, but had some technical problems.  So, I just started following the rules of the Yakezie, without being an official member.  My rank at that point was 600,000+. 

With the help of some great Yakezie pals, I was able to overcome my technical issues and I became a full fledged member in June.  My ranking kept improving, but more importantly, I was meeting great people and learning so much.

My rank now is almost 100,000, and I am thinking of having a small celebration when I cross that milestone.  (I think my celebration will be centered around chocolate…)

To all of you, thank you so much for your support. 

Kris @ Everyday Tips and Thoughts

 

Visit me at Everyday Tips and Thoughts

Follow Me On Twitter: Edaytipsthought

Be My Facebook Friend: Everyday Tips

12:25 pm
October 6, 2010


Charles @ MoneyGreenLife

Member

posts 318

everydaytips said:

Khaleef – can you add me to your list?  I thought I added myself to this thread, but I can't find myself anywhere.  (I am lost).

I will add my late intro now-

My name is Kris and my site is http://www.everydaytipsandthou…..hts.com.  I write about personal finance, health, and really just about anything at times.  I try to focus on things people can easily identify with, and try to provide practical solutions and advice on things that happen in everyday life.

I started blogging in March and learned about the Yakezie sometime in April.  I tried joining right away, but had some technical problems.  So, I just started following the rules of the Yakezie, without being an official member.  My rank at that point was 600,000+. 

With the help of some great Yakezie pals, I was able to overcome my technical issues and I became a full fledged member in June.  My ranking kept improving, but more importantly, I was meeting great people and learning so much.

My rank now is almost 100,000, and I am thinking of having a small celebration when I cross that milestone.  (I think my celebration will be centered around chocolate…)

To all of you, thank you so much for your support. 


hey kris! i'm glad you've been successful in reaching your goal. let's continue to support one another and hoepfully, we can get you below 100k very soon!

also, i JUST finished adding everyone in this thread to my reader, just like Khaleef. Now i can start promoting everyone more efficiently!

8:03 pm
October 6, 2010


Dividend Monk

Member

posts 6

Post edited 8:03 pm – October 6, 2010 by Dividend Monk


Hi all,

 

I'm Matt from Dividend Monk. (www.dividendmonk.com)

 

I joined the Yakezie Challenge back in March, so technically I've already "finished" the 6-month challenge, but I've had some complex life circumstances and didn't give my blog or the challenge the full attention it deserved, so my Alexa ranking is still terrible, so I still consider myself a padawan.  But over these past two months I've back in the game, and I'll be promoting my blog and the blogs of others in this challenge much more intensely now! 


About the Yakezie.com Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2
Forums: 9
Topics: 6383
Posts: 84794

Membership:

There are 13652 Members
There have been 20 Guests

There are 9 Admins
There are 8 Moderators

Top Posters:

My Personal Finance Journey – 3159
Khaleef @ KNS Financial – 3149
Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – 3048
Sustainable PF – 2759
Miss T @ Prairie Eco-Thrifter – 2213
Eric – PersonalProfitability.com – 2120

Administrators: The College Investor (1935 Posts), Financial Samurai (1803 Posts), LaTisha @YoungFinances (1715 Posts), Forest Parks (1337 Posts), 20s Finances (1147 Posts), Money Reasons (697 Posts), Chris Johnson (78 Posts), Sydney at Untemplater (0 Posts), Suba (0 Posts)

Moderators: Suba @ Wealth Informatics (1876 Posts), sooverthis (1041 Posts), PK @ DQYDJ (361 Posts), jmichelsen (208 Posts), Ramona (13 Posts), JeremyNJohnson (4 Posts), Moderator (0 Posts), rackgeek (0 Posts)